Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Of course, it needs to be understood that being born into wealth (or even modest means) automatically makes a person incapable of being worthwhile. (One of many tenets of the 'fire.)

grin

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB4

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Of course, it needs to be understood that being born into wealth (or even modest means) automatically makes a person incapable of being worthwhile. (One of many tenets of the 'fire.)

grin

5sdad was triggered lol. Ed’s commiserating.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by killerv
Got this guy in his early 40s I run into a couple times a week. Was adopted by some rich folks when he was younger. He gets whatever he wants. He was given 400k just as a graduation present. All bills are taken care of etc, only thing he buys is alcohol...starts drinking about 3pm and doesnt stop til sometimes 3am. Wife has been putting up with it because of the money involved, she likes her country club lifestyle plus I think she's just waiting on him to kick the bucket due to his large life insurance policies. Been dropping 12k for a month long summer camp for his daughter every year. Honestly, its probably a good break for her to not be around him. Joker cries broke all the time, wants you to think he's poor. One month he said his bartab at the country club was 1400.

I have a new friend who was drinking $15,000 per month. One day when sober he realize that.

He left his friends and the area and started a little gun business.

I hope you shared Jesus with him.

That is The Great Commission.

It’s not to lollygag with morons like Happy Camper

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Got this guy in his early 40s I run into a couple times a week. Was adopted by some rich folks when he was younger. He gets whatever he wants. He was given 400k just as a graduation present. All bills are taken care of etc, only thing he buys is alcohol...starts drinking about 3pm and doesnt stop til sometimes 3am. Wife has been putting up with it because of the money involved, she likes her country club lifestyle plus I think she's just waiting on him to kick the bucket due to his large life insurance policies. Been dropping 12k for a month long summer camp for his daughter every year. Honestly, its probably a good break for her to not be around him. Joker cries broke all the time, wants you to think he's poor. One month he said his bartab at the country club was 1400.

I have a new friend who was drinking $15,000 per month. One day when sober he realize that.

$500 a day huh? Whats his poison? Nose beers?

Nose beers LOL, walk around looking like you tilted up a frosty mug and got some on your nose. Schitt'll keep an ole hand up all night

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by woodmaster81

A guy I ran around with when I was single married a trust fund kid. She had a condo win a very upscale neighborhood that ran nearly $300/month 30 years ago. On top of that her car, insurance, and every expense was paid for as well as getting another $3000/month spending allowance. She was a professional student that had multiple advanced degrees, all paid for by mom and dad. This prevented her from getting job as she was overqualified. So, she went back to school...

That doesn't compute.

IC B2

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Typo

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've known several trust fund babies. The majority were great people and some weren't, just like most other people in the world. I don't begrudge any of them anything. As far as I'm concerned if Great-great-grandad wanted to leave his fortune to his descendants and make it where none ever had to work a day in their lives then that's his business and his money, that's to be admired. It's most certainly not the business of a greedy government that would love to confiscate everything he had.

Envy is a terrible emotion. No one is entitled to someone else's wealth and if someone gained their good fortune because their ancestors wanted them to have it then I'm happy for them, I hope they enjoy it and put it to good use. I wasn't that lucky and have made what I have through my own labor, but I want for nothing.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bill Cosby:
I said to a guy, "Tell me, what is it about cocaine that makes it so wonderful," and he said, "Because it intensifies your personality." I said, "Yes, but what if you're an azzhole?"

Money, often, does the same thing.............

Someone once said of the professional football players, great wealth creates great character!!!!! NOPE! it exposes it.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Muffin
Bill Cosby:
I said to a guy, "Tell me, what is it about cocaine that makes it so wonderful," and he said, "Because it intensifies your personality." I said, "Yes, but what if you're an azzhole?"

Money, often, does the same thing.............

Someone once said of the professional football players, great wealth creates great character!!!!! NOPE! it exposes it.

I always heard; ''Hard-times build character'',, just saying.

Posted by Bristoe
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
One of my buddies is a multi-millionaire who earned his fortune by inventing banking software and running his own company. Very generous with Christian charities. He drives a tiny Fiat or his deluxe Harley Davidson. I admire this friend.

Sherwood

FIRE UP THE GRILL - is NOT catch and release!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Delete

Last edited by 280shooter; 09/20/22.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by drop_point
I dated a girl in college that came from a big farming family that owned a lot of ground in Illinois southeast of St. Louis. She had a sister that moved away and became a pilot, a brother who became an engineer at Boeing, and I believe she ultimately worked as middle management in a manufacturing plant. I don't believe her parents had a lot of liquid assets, but owned and farmed somewhere around 20,000 acres of farmland. Those three will become very wealthy when their farm is ultimately sold off. I've heard ground in that area sells for well over $10,000 an acre these days. You could tell he had really hoped that he would have a son-in-law that would be interested in farming, and I don't blame him having been raised during the end of a multi-generational farm. To this day, I believe my old ex is still singlek if anybody is looking---probably not worth it!

I knew a guy that owned a sizable section of land that he was sure his kids would sell off after his death.

He and I use to set and drink coffee and talk about it, It truly bothered him.

He finally devised a plan to keep that from happening.

Jay Starkey is gone now but we have this to remember him by.

I love it!

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj

$500 a day huh? Whats his poison? Nose beers?

He had to go to the doctor for something. The doc told him he had the liver of a fifty-year-old drunk and would be lucky to see his twenty-eighth birthday.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (BALLISTIK, Akhutr, batch, 9 invisible), 1,188 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,143
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.