-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Chinese Danner Pronghorns were comfortable. They weren’t near the boot of my USA made Danner boot though. The difference is about double the price. $200 versus $400. Give or take.[/quote]

Originally Posted by Savageguy
All the Danner's I have ever owned were made in China.

My Danner Mountain Light II, Canadians, and Patrolman boots are all US made. They are pricey but well made and can be resoled, and re crafted to like new.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Originally Posted by Heym06
Foreign boots! Why not buy a good handmade pair of American built boots.

Show me a pair of made in U.S.A., insulated, Gore-Tex boots other than Danner and I'll buy them.... I've searched and come up empty, unfortunately.
I wear whites most of the time, not goretex, but I don't want goretex, insulated no problems. My smoke jumpers are plain leather. My packers are insulated. Boot oil works in place of goretex, for me. I am on the dry side of oregon. Not the web foot side. YMMV

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I like my Lowa and they have been very good to me. Hopefully they hold up as a they weren’t cheap.

I once sent a pair or Meindls to Dave Page the mentioned cobbler for new eyelets and they had rusted. Got them back and an eyelet popped out when I was lacing them the first time. Got on the phone with him and he started yelling and then told me to mail them back and hung up on me. What a circus.

I guess even the best can put out [bleep].

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yeah sure YOU mail them back YOU pay for the shipping YOU spend YOUR time driving the boots to the post office.
That schitt gets old, I nicknamed myself MailBackMike at one point, everything I bought had to be sent back.
Lowa boots, Salomon trail shoes, custom arrows, leupold scope >all at the same time.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Originally Posted by Heym06
Foreign boots! Why not buy a good handmade pair of American built boots.

Show me a pair of made in U.S.A., insulated, Gore-Tex boots other than Danner and I'll buy them.... I've searched and come up empty, unfortunately.

Russell, Whites, Wesco, Danner American line, Drew's, Nicks, I could keep going.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Love my Whites, have two pairs.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My Lowa Hunter GTX boots are 4 years old, were worn in every imaginable condition from swamps to mountains. No issues at all.

My Meindl boots from Cabela's are 2 years older and are the same.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by pabucktail
In my experience Danner’s customer service sucks as well.
Had my Canadians rebuilt and they were great. Called about small leaks in liner they found. I added $30 or something and they put all upgraded internals under liner for free. Took them 5 days from receipt to call and they stated they would honor the original 10-15 day turn around. Then they actually did.

A pair of Danner Super Rainforest’s the Last? Back area started making a weird popping 6 mos in and when I sent them in they gave me full retail on anything they offered.

I’ve never bought their import lines so not sure there. The first issue was 8 years ago and rebuild was 6 mos ago so no change in customer service I’ve experienced. No phone calls no waiting. Quick emails back and forth.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pabucktail
In my experience Danner’s customer service sucks as well.

This has not been my experience. I have had multiple pairs boots resoled and or re crafted by Danner. Never anything but top shelf service and workmanship.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Bad deal to see Lowa slipping in their business practices.

They have been absolutely stellar boots for me, at least their Hunter GTX have been. I have never had an issue but both pairs of mine are 3 years old. Maybe they switched to cheaper materials and/or manufacturing practices lately?

My experiences with their Hunter GTX have mirrored yours. I've been very happy with mine over the last several years.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1minute, 219DW, 62 invisible), 2,881 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,208
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.