Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Had a young fella 30 years ago at a lumber yard try to tell me I couldn't pick through the 2x4s. All uppity because people didn't stack them back up nice and neat.

I told him he had to take the top tomatoes at the grocery then, didn't matter if they were moldy and rotten, those ones on top were his.

He seemed to have a bit of a wake up moment then.

So, you're the one responsible for those carts of twisted up reject wood they band up and sell for $10?
Sneaky way to get your firewood.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I don’t let “philosophy” deter me from the best deal possible. I just get my chit and get gone !

One thing that helps me stay retired is I wear out the return policy after I use the item. This includes tubes for river floating, Christmas decorations, tools, and whatever. I usually dedicate one day per month as “return day” for all my chit then go eat a good lunch.
Just to say

Mine aint about philosophy or “waaaah holy schit they have self checkout”

My thing is bitch ass lazy phoucks, stupid and ill knowledged persons with no shred of customer service. Not a cheerful bone in their body.

AND….crap bent lumber

I can pick out the people in here who have never built more than a birdhouse and have never found themselves at Lowe’s at 9:30 PM digging through 300 precut studs, trying to find 150 decent ones. Framed all day and need lumber for next day’s project at 5:30 AM

I could give a fouck about woke, I don’t care if they got purple haired dipshît baby killers working in the Allen-Roth curtain and blinds aisle

Buddy learned that the hard way. Placed a big order with builders choice. Lowes/Home Depot competition, anyhow they deliver it. He’s shorted 6x6’s, 2x6 we’re we’re bent, overall chit. Told my buddy never let someone else pick your limber. They are 20 yr olds that don’t give a chit.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kinda like letting someone else pick your meat and produce at the supermarket.
These people that have their groceries delivered can't be too picky.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I got a “slows” card for the %5 if I need a toilet or a fridge as far as lumber they suck a$$ got a charge account at the hardware local folks I do biz with them a barter deal like old times

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Last time I went to 84, they had me pay and then sent me to some no name distribution warehouse in the middle of the hood with double barb wire fences.

I now order it from a local lumber yard even though it's a 30 min drive. They have it waiting and load it on my trailer.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
My guys at my independent pull decent lumber, probably get better lumber from different mills.

Get a wane or a little bark on occasion but they’ve never sent me out a pile of candy cane twists. lol

Plywood had a big muddy set of boots prints last week. Meh, almost got a chuckle for pretending to give the guys a hard time about it.

I always ask for a certain couple of guys. They don’t get pussified about our rickety ass wooden bridge coming in.
I have my sons help unload and stack and we send em out with cold drinks and ice cream sandwiches. 😁

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Don’t get me started on the hi end key machines they got that don’t cut keys right I’m a locksmith with a storefront these mutha fauggus need to stick to selling shingles and bent 2x4s

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Now, now, now.... Lowe's is okay. I like them because of the military discounts they give. I'm not sure about Home Depot. I've been in there once, and they were all clueless not to mention a little snobby.

Everyone knows, as it's almost part of The Gospel ---- *NEVER* go to either Lowe's or Home Depot on a hectic Saturday! You will be stuck in there for 7 hrs, 42 min, and it's still packed with people trying to get checked out at the registers!!!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I just go to my friends sawmill and cut what I want.he has everything including finishing planers and can make tongue and groove.Of course free wood comes at a price.I have to be his n igger a couple days a month stacking lumber as he cuts.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Back about 10 or 12 years ago Lowes had a bunch of idiots running their website. They would run regular 10% off coupons, that were a seven or eight digit combination of letters and numerals.

Someone figured out that their website people apparently just generated huge stacks of these 10% coupons, only changing one letter or number, AND that the morons didn't lock the website out from accepting stacked coupons...

Wasn't no big deal to stack multiple 10% coupons. I saved probably at least $1500 on a second story gut-and-remodel, by just ordering shìt off their website and trying random numbers and letters until I hit on multiple coupons to stack.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Can’t build a code inspected project or a home backed by FHA, major loan institution without kiln dried, certified lumber. Far as I know.

Sure, you can build a barn, chicken coup, cattle loading chute out of Uncle Darrell’s poplar bandsawed green logs. Long as don’t mind powder post beetles drilling frass pin holes out

I mean I would

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Can’t build a code inspected project or a home backed by FHA, major loan institution without kiln dried, certified lumber. Far as I know.

Sure, you can build a barn, chicken coup, cattle loading chute out of Uncle Darrell’s poplar bandsawed green logs. Long as don’t mind powder post beetles drilling frass pin holes out

I mean I would

Or a 32 foot long duck blind. Scrap lumber from someone's deck or boat dock teardown works well.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Sweet!!

😀

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Don’t get me started on the hi end key machines they got that don’t cut keys right I’m a locksmith with a storefront these mutha fauggus need to stick to selling shingles and bent 2x4s

I hear ya. Had HD make up 6 copies of the cabin key.

Thankfully one of them worked. The original key they made copies from.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Had a young fella 30 years ago at a lumber yard try to tell me I couldn't pick through the 2x4s. All uppity because people didn't stack them back up nice and neat.

I told him he had to take the top tomatoes at the grocery then, didn't matter if they were moldy and rotten, those ones on top were his.

He seemed to have a bit of a wake up moment then.

So, you're the one responsible for those carts of twisted up reject wood they band up and sell for $10?
Sneaky way to get your firewood.
Our Ace regularly has that stuff banded up in the parking lot.

Got a big bundle of full dimension 2x8, 14' long, "corral boards" a few years back for +/-$10 a piece. Been used as bottom boards around the Gulag cage, 6 new 4'x8' garden beds, and I still have a couple left. They were hardly bent at all.

I'm also still working on a stack of various width one by board, all sorts of different lengths. Figured on some of them I could get a good 8' straight piece out of them. Lots of uses for shorter one by boards too.

Just put up in the shed a bunch of real firewood yesterday. Haven't needed to start using dimensional lumber......................yet.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by deflave
I fugking hate Lowes and Home Depot.

Menards are about the best out there. 84 Lumber is still really good for lumber but not much else.

I forget what they’re called out west. Pro Builder or some schit.

You in your little wood shop building coffee tables and bed frames?

Do they have lumber in Alaska or are all the houses basket weave?

LOL
Igloos dude,

Igloos.

They eat snow and whale blubber, chit ice cubes, and dig holes to live in! LOL!!!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Sweet!!

😀

Shoots 12. This floor came off an old cedar deck.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been known to bring in my plumbing project in a basket or flat cart, stop by outdoors dept and get a chair, and sit on the plumbing Isles for an our putting parts together. Most of the workers are useless anyway. There are some good ones though.

I don’t let “philosophy” deter me from the best deal possible. I just get my chit and get gone !

One thing that helps me stay retired is I wear out the return policy after I use the item. This includes tubes for river floating, Christmas decorations, tools, and whatever. I usually dedicate one day per month as “return day” for all my chit then go eat a good lunch.
Just to say

My thing is bitch ass lazy phoucks, stupid and ill knowledged persons with no shred of customer service. Not a cheerful bone in their body.

AND….crap bent lumber

I can pick out the people in here who have never built more than a birdhouse and have never found themselves at Lowe’s at 9:30 PM digging through 300 precut studs, trying to find 150 decent ones. Framed all day and need lumber for next day’s project at 5:30 AM

I could give a fouck about woke, I don’t care if they got purple haired dipshît baby killers working in the Allen-Roth curtain and blinds aisle

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 09/19/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have emptied whole stacked racks and left them on the floor just to buy 1 board

Originally Posted by 79S

Just to say

AND….crap bent lumber

Buddy learned that the hard way. Placed a big order with builders choice. Lowes/Home Depot competition, anyhow they deliver it. He’s shorted 6x6’s, 2x6 we’re we’re bent, overall chit. Told my buddy never let someone else pick your limber. They are 20 yr olds that don’t give a chit.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (44mc, 1936M71, AlanF, admin, 7887mm08, 9 invisible), 2,174 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,702
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.