Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
i stopped by the Weatherby factory in Sheridan, Wyoming with a small problem with my mark 5 action that is 10 years old with now a new custom barrel that had a feeding problem. i was on a Wyoming antelope hunt and this had been a feeding problem for a few years . believe it or not they took the rifle a part right away because i said i can`t leave the rifle now because i am going hunting but could bring it back later , but they fixed the feeding rifle problem in 20 minutes and with no charge for the new part needed in the magazine.and the next day i shot a buck antelope at a measured 450 yards with this rifle laying down on a bi-pod. here is a Big Thank You to Weatherby ! Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Don’t get much better than that!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
That is great customer service. It makes you think that they actually care about their customers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like great customer service.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Great customer service, and I’m always amazed how gunsmiths can sit on guns for 6 months, acting like it takes more than an hour to pull a barrel or some simple job. It’s almost like they’re trying to punish you...

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
That is great to hear! Congrats on the antelope too!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
America used to be like that.

Glad you got your antelope. smile

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very neat story. Thanks for posting it. Did you contact those folks at the factory to tell the story of your hunt and to thank them?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Takes broken rifle on an out of state hunt.

Awesome.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was still a good single shot.....all he probably needed

IC B3

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
the custom shop manager at Weatherby was very helpful as was all of the employees that mourning at Weatherby ,they all went out of their way to help my good friend and myself. we also spent time afterwards asking questions about some custom rifles , i also learned that mourning Weatherby will be loading Hammer bullets too in their ammo ,which i have also now started hunting and shooting these Hammer bullets .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pete53
the custom shop manager at Weatherby was very helpful as was all of the employees that mourning at Weatherby ,they all went out of their way to help my good friend and myself. we also spent time afterwards asking questions about some custom rifles , i also learned that mourning Weatherby will be loading Hammer bullets too in their ammo ,which i have also now started hunting and shooting these Hammer bullets .

Mourning? We’re they mourning the death of the queen? If so Jorge will be extremely happy..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by deflave

Awesome.

Par for the course for ol’ Pete. Surprised he wasn’t busy in the bow hunting forum sucking off Shart Things.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Awesome.
That reminds me of a guy that I met on an African hunt. He continually talked about his 600 yard rifles that he had back home and used when he went "our west" on deer and elk hunts, but on this $20K leopard hunt that he bought he chose to use the Outfitter's camp rifle.

The outfitter had two camp rifles. A .30-06 and a .375 H&H. Turned out that the .375 had a loose scope and that a recently fired camp staff person had left with all of the outfitter's tools.

I had my AA Fancy walnut custom stocked .300 Weatherby that I had put 80 hours in finishing and checkering with me. The guy was also after a sable antelope and he wasn't happy using the camp .30-06. This other hunter winned enough that I agreed that he could use my rifle by the truck if we saw a good sable.

His first day out we saw a small bunch of sable with a good bull in it, so I gave him my Weatherby. By the time we got off of the truck, the sable moved into the brush and we followed them. I was in line behind him and I winched every time I saw this other hunter use my rifle to push the thornbush aside. We never caught up to the sable, and when we got back to the truck he gave me back my rifle with a shell in the chamber and the safety off.

The next morning when we were getting into the truck, one of the trackers asked if he should put the outfitter's .30-06 in the truck. This other hunter asked "Why?" and I simply said "So you will have a rifle to shoot." He didn't say much to me the rest of the week.

Oh, and not that it had anything to do with my rifle, but that was his 3rd leopard hunt that he only went home with tag soup.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Excellent report, kawi!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I stopped by Weatherby a month ago. Bought some appeal and the flannel shirt didn't fit right. Corey handled the exchange without a fuss.
My wife and I both enjoyed the new showroom and plan on going back again next year. I should have bought the Highcountry Ti 6.5 RPM that they had as a showroom special.

JD338

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's what I was thinking also.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's what I was thinking also.
Originally Posted by buffybr

Awesome.
That reminds me of a guy that I met on an African hunt. He continually talked about his 600 yard rifles that he had back home and used when he went "our west" on deer and elk hunts, but on this $20K leopard hunt that he bought he chose to use the Outfitter's camp rifle.

The outfitter had two camp rifles. A .30-06 and a .375 H&H. Turned out that the .375 had a loose scope and that a recently fired camp staff person had left with all of the outfitter's tools.

I had my AA Fancy walnut custom stocked .300 Weatherby that I had put 80 hours in finishing and checkering with me. The guy was also after a sable antelope and he wasn't happy using the camp .30-06. This other hunter winned enough that I agreed that he could use my rifle by the truck if we saw a good sable.

His first day out we saw a small bunch of sable with a good bull in it, so I gave him my Weatherby. By the time we got off of the truck, the sable moved into the brush and we followed them. I was in line behind him and I winched every time I saw this other hunter use my rifle to push the thornbush aside. We never caught up to the sable, and when we got back to the truck he gave me back my rifle with a shell in the chamber and the safety off.

The next morning when we were getting into the truck, one of the trackers asked if he should put the outfitter's .30-06 in the truck. This other hunter asked "Why?" and I simply said "So you will have a rifle to shoot." He didn't say much to me the rest of the week.

Oh, and not that it had anything to do with my rifle, but that was his 3rd leopard hunt that he only went home with tag soup.

On my first trip, the tracker started carrying my rifle. When I saw it was rubbing on his large stag handled knife, I took my rifle back carried it myself.

Last edited by AB2506; 09/19/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Have my Dad's MKV 7mag it's probably about forty yrs old.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
the next day i shot a buck antelope at a measured 450 yards with this rifle laying down on a bi-pod

[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 80 invisible), 2,671 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,593
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.