Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
All day, every day...................tried & true, best for the money, especially with a lighter trigger spring.

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

I like a two stage......

I guess everybody has different likes, for me I wouldn't have an AR with a 2 stage trigger. my favorite is a JP but for less money these work very well
Davidson Trigger

Do you know who makes that trigger? Might be worth a try & I like that it has screws to take up the fitting slack in the lower & comes with anti-walk pins.

I like single stage triggers as well as good 2-stage triggers..............just depends on the need & intent for what they are going into.

The OP asked for a good trigger at a good price & the Larue more than fills that niche & most people looking for cheap(er) triggers are usually beginners & for them, 2-stage is a better choice, IMO, than light single stage.

Most single stage triggers that are cheap, don't hold up well to use over time as they all pretty much develop too much creep to suit me.

The very best single stage triggers, IMO, are the Elftmann Match.

Not only do they not creep, but they also have a half cock notch (similar to a 1911) that I like for safety, on a very light trigger................but they are not cheap nor for beginners.

MM

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
All day, every day...................tried & true, best for the money, especially with a lighter trigger spring.

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

I like a two stage......

I guess everybody has different likes, for me I wouldn't have an AR with a 2 stage trigger. my favorite is a JP but for less money these work very well
Davidson Trigger

Do you know who makes that trigger? Might be worth a try & I like that it has screws to take up the fitting slack in the lower & comes with anti-walk pins.

I like single stage triggers as well as good 2-stage triggers..............just depends on the need & intent for what they are going into.

The OP asked for a good trigger at a good price & the Larue more than fills that niche & most people looking for cheap(er) triggers are usually beginners & for them, 2-stage is a better choice, IMO, than light single stage.

Most single stage triggers that are cheap, don't hold up well to use over time as they all pretty much develop too much creep to suit me.

The very best single stage triggers, IMO, are the Elftmann Match.

Not only do they not creep, but they also have a half cock notch (similar to a 1911) that I like for safety, on a very light trigger................but they are not cheap nor for beginners.

MM
I would like to try a Elftman, wish they made a 2S. I have gravitated towards 2 stage triggers, especially on AR. I didn't think I would as my bolt guns were single stage and couldn't see the use for a 2 stage, bought several Rise SS, and slowly moving over too 2S, more predictable and more control. IMO.
And appreciate we have choices

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

absolutely!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostman

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

absolutely!
If you can get one. Cheap, I'd get a Rock River. For a little more, a non-adjustable Geissele is the ticket.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnn
slowly moving over too 2S, more predictable and more control. IMO.
And appreciate we have choices

More predictable than cheap single stage, yes, because of the creep in cheap single stage's................ agood single stage like Elf are every bit as predictable.

But that's why they cost more too...................

MM

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still like the RR Varmint 2-stage at $80 or so.

Now with even more aplomb
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JPro

Would you classify yourself as a trigger snob?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, probably a fair bit. I'm allergic to creep and won't tolerate much, if any. The RR Varmint is just about right for me for a hunting rifle, as it is clean and the second stage feels just a bit heavier than my bolt guns that are usually set around 2.5lbs. I don't know that I want a lighter trigger on a semi-auto unless it was some sort of a bench or competition gun. I've double-fired a CMC single-stage trigger on an AR, so I lean toward double-stage triggers.

Now with even more aplomb
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

So do I.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Ghostman

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

absolutely!
If you can get one. Cheap, I'd get a Rock River. For a little more, a non-adjustable Geissele is the ticket.
I was not impressed with the RR 2S I bought.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah, probably a fair bit. I'm allergic to creep and won't tolerate much, if any. The RR Varmint is just about right for me for a hunting rifle, as it is clean and the second stage feels just a bit heavier than my bolt guns that are usually set around 2.5lbs. I don't know that I want a lighter trigger on a semi-auto unless it was some sort of a bench or competition gun. I've double-fired a CMC single-stage trigger on an AR, so I lean toward double-stage triggers.

That's promising then!

I bought an AGT trigger after reading rave review. It's junk.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sorry....ALG trigger.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can see why you wouldn't like the ALG - it's just a glorified GI trigger.

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I got the good one too.....sheesh.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

My exact sentiments. Most of mine are RR 2 stage varmint match. I posted a link earlier where they are $79.95. I have 1 CMC single stage 3.5 pound and Geissele SSA-E and I like both of them. However, The Geissele is a little too light for my tastes. I would get double taps with my AR10 Armalite, so I put it in a Noveske that I shoot right handed. That seemed to help. A very good trigger, but look at the price difference between that and the RRA. For an everyday use AR, I choose the RRA. And yes, I've tried the crappy mil specs. They are garbage, I won't use them. I've had Armalite national match, BCM nickel boron triggers (NPT) and Larue MBT2S. The MBT2S is an excellent trigger for the money, just as is the RRA. It would be hard to go wrong with either one. YMMV..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
H F! ⛽

I ordered a buttstock at 9pm from Optics Planet last night, shipped notice at 1PM.... Only because their shipped price was acceptable and stock (pun) was not limited.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
When it comes to AR triggers, I'm definitely a snob. I typically prefer lighter triggers, with no creep. I've bought and used a BUNCH of aftermarket AR triggers, both single and 2 stage including: RR National Match, Larue MBT, Geissele Hi Speed National Match, AR Gold Adjustable, Rise Armament, Velocity, James Madison Tactical, Elftman Match & Timney AR PCC. Prices ranged from $75 to $280.

My biggest complaint with non-adjustable AR triggers is that few if any actually hit their advertised/designed weight. When I buy a 3lb trigger I expect to get a 3 lb. trigger, not 3.5 lbs. or more

Another pet peeve of mine with some brands and cheaper models is that many have some degree of creep before the break.

Having used both single and 2 stage I prefer 2 stage for my guns. The VERY BEST AR triggers I have in my guns are a Geissele Hi Speed National Match and an AR Gold Adjustable. Both are set at 2 lbs., have ZERO creep and do not double tap. Both are EXPENSIVE @ $280. It's sad that a good adjustable aftermarket bolt action trigger is less than 1/2 the cost but that's the nature of the beast, I guess.

While most aftermarket AR triggers are great improvements over stock mil spec triggers, I think many are overpriced and fall short of being optimum. IMO the Larue MBT and RR National Match costing $75-$80 are hard to beat and most shooters would be well pleased with them.

Last edited by Ghostman; 09/21/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is a timely thread for me. I'm pretty new at ARs- just finished building my 2nd 80 and it came out great, but the trigger is absolutely awful on it. I feel like I'm going to get a cramp trying to pull it while holding on target... wink Even with the crap trigger it still shoots very well- much better than I expected...

My first AR has a fair trigger, but not great by any means but it will probably get replaced soon also. Having two similar rifles with different triggers would probably drive me nuts....

Looks like there are quite a few decent choices in the under $100 range so my wife won't feel like I'm spending the grand kids' inheritance... wink

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Went searching and found the PSA boron trigger is on sale now for $59.99.... is that a good deal and decent trigger?

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I'd get a hiperfire edt2

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,895
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.