Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Camping in the Tampa St. Pete area Nov. Dec. anyone ever fish off this pier sounds like it might be worth a look.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
GB2

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
No, but I have fished within sight of it at the Fort Desoto (sp) State Park. I was fly fishing between Christmas and New Years and caught quite a few large speckled trout. The east end of the Park has, or had, a fairly large flat that I was able to wade out on and cast to the deeper (2 to 5ft) holes.

P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Watched a couple videos on Utube looks interesting> I have not been to Florida since i was a kid. My dad and I caught Red Snapper using live shrimp. Looking to spend several weeks in Dec. and Jan. I will check out that Park also thanks.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It’s a fishy spot and I have always had action there. There is a bait shop on the Bridge and they always know what’s biting and what they want. My Parents have a condo up in Reddingon Shores and when visiting we would always run down to the Skyway. Generally we just run a Sabiki rig to catch Pinfish to then put on a Mexican dropper rig and hold on you never know what is going to bite. You will get cut off a lot by the pilings and landing bigger fish is tough because of the height above water. When the Spanish Mackerel are in the action can get crazy but I believe that is early spring. You’ll have a good time

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VaHunter
No, but I have fished within sight of it at the Fort Desoto (sp) State Park. I was fly fishing between Christmas and New Years and caught quite a few large speckled trout. The east end of the Park has, or had, a fairly large flat that I was able to wade out on and cast to the deeper (2 to 5ft) holes.

This.

Excellent spot for trout and reds. In addition to trout, caught a lot of nice reds wading those flats. Jigs, shrimp, pinfish and grunts. There are actually 2 flats. Fish 360°. If you have a canoe or small boat, even better. You can also fish across the road all the way down the channel where the sign says "Danger Shoals".

Drive straight out from tollbooth. Make a left at the end when you come to the "T". Park under first palm tree when line of sight clears and you have the bridge at 10 o'clock.

Good luck.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
👍

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
285 members (10gaugemag, 338reddog, 16penny, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 338Rules, 308Palma, 39 invisible), 1,727 guests, and 843 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,236
Posts18,371,369
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023
<

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.