Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Remember these guys? They were a simple "bar band" back in the early days, when Lynyrd Skynyrd was all over the airwaves. When Skynyrd had the devastating tragic plane crash in Oct 1977, all the southern rock fans soon took notice of Molly Hatchet, and thrust these guys into the limelight.

Click on this video and crank up the volume!! cool

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Saw them in concert 3 times. Count me a fan!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Loud loud loud!!!
Had to move away from the stack of speakers.
Was 10 15 ft away from em RS of stage.
Musta had a stack 13 14 ft tall and about 15 ft long.

Bangor auditorium circa 1980

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They were decent, I thought, as far as southern rock bands go....but they ALL rode the Allman Brothers Band's coattails.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RiverRider
They were decent, I thought, as far as southern rock bands go....but they ALL rode the Allman Brothers Band's coattails.

Agreed... Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, The Outlaws, Blackfoot, etc... if it weren't for the Allman Brothers, there would be no such thing as Southern Rock. All these guys basically took the blues, country, even a touch of folk, and not only rocked it up a bit, they CRANKED IT UP!! cool

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Like Molly Hatchet

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Worst concert i ever saw. Spokane coliseum had the worst acoustics possible. Not their fault but they should have dialed the volume down to accommodate.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I went to see them and the Atlanta Rhythm Section, rather than go to my senior prom in the spring of 79. Never regretted that decision!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ButchAmmon

Agreed... Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, The Outlaws, Blackfoot, etc... if it weren't for the Allman Brothers, there would be no such thing as Southern Rock. All these guys basically took the blues, country, even a touch of folk, and not only rocked it up a bit, they CRANKED IT UP!! cool

True enough, and it was a win.

I just have little tolerance for some of the "Lynard-Skynard-was-the-greatest-rock-group-ever" crowd. They always were light years behind where the Allman Brothers started. Plus, they pissed me off with their interview bragging about how they threw sailors through plate glass windows at the bars. I was in the USN and in Jacksonville at the time and was not impressed with either their musicianship or their "badassness."

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
never heard of em

I’ve been acting like a 76 year old dipshît for 49 years

I only listen to shît like The Sons of the Pioneers

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
No.
But I do remember traveling down a lonesome road and flirting with disaster.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J. Geils played at my high school.

We rocked out to Slow Ride that night.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yeah, a big Molly Hatchet fan. Never got to see them live though. I can't think of a harder "southern" band, more rock, less country, but still obvious country roots especially in some of the bass lines.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
They had cool album cover art. Music was ok.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Don't forget 38 Special.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I just have little tolerance for some of the "Lynard-Skynard-was-the-greatest-rock-group-ever" crowd. They always were light years behind where the Allman Brothers started. Plus, they pissed me off with their interview bragging about how they threw sailors through plate glass windows at the bars. I was in the USN and in Jacksonville at the time and was not impressed with either their musicianship or their "badassness."

I liked Molly Hatchett. They were ok.

Most of those bands couldn't hold a candle to The Allman Brothers. They didn't have anywhere near the talent of The Allman Brothers.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Saw them in the late 70s, loud for sure. They opened for Charlie Daniel's band. CDB was much better.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I liked Molly Hatchett. They were ok.

Most of those bands couldn't hold a candle to The Allman Brothers. They didn't have anywhere near the talent of The Allman Brothers.

Skynyrd was the closest, but they weren't close enough. Skydog was the real schitt!

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Saw them in a small bar in LSU area of Baton Rouge in the mid 80's. They rocked.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
‘Dreams I’ll Never See’ had some bitchin’ guitar solos in it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,675 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,480
Posts18,529,651
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.