Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Muskrat Love was a good tune. And anything from Heart.

Beyond that…I was still listening to Glenn Miller with my 4th wife

Oh, BS. I've seen your reviews of Stephen Foster's stuff like "O, Susanna." And that was your third wife!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Anyone remember Pat Travers

Boom, boom...

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by hanco
They are still touring, no original members

That's what I heard too... All the original 70's/80's members have sadly passed away. Only one guy (Bobby Ingram?) was a lead guitarist in the 90's during one of Hatchet's many incarnations. According to the internet guitar websites... somehow, someway, after (co-founder) Dave Hlubek passed away, Bobby Ingram was able to LEGALLY purchase the rights and "namesake" of the band Molly Hatchet.

Sadly... Like many bands we all grew up on, Molly Hatchet today is nothing more than a "tribute band". frown

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Boom, boom...

Out Goes The Lights...

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It does seem like the tendencies to claim a band's name after destruction or dissolution for whatever reason originates with the southern rock bands. The legal fights over the Lynard Skynard name got pretty damned intense and nasty. Probably persists to this day.

Don't be the darkness.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Saw them twice. Once with 38 Special the other with Player I think. Anyway, early/mid 1980’s. Great shows.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Danny Joe Brown could wail out them tunes. MH was better with him than without him.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I saw them a few times, many at outdoor music festivals. The most memorable was at Peabody's Saloon. The Outlaws were playing and for the encore, Molly Hatchet joined them as they had just arrived in town for a concert the next night.

Went to that show at The Cabooze Bar where a buddy and I were between the corner of the stage and the bar. Our job was to hand drinks to the band as needed. I think the only drinks we paid for were the fist pitcher of beer, the rest were on the band or the bar. I don't remember much past the opening set.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bobmar
I went to see them and the Atlanta Rhythm Section, rather than go to my senior prom in the spring of 79. Never regretted that decision!

Hello alumni! Not sure where you went, but I graduated in '79 too. (By the skin of my damn doper-head teeth, too!) Graduated from Sevier County High School, shoot, you don't think we listened to us some Molly Hatchet, Skynyrd, Allman Bros! But also Ted Nugent, Black Sabbath, Zep & Judas Priest, too, so I felt well rounded...

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hell Ya. “ Snortin’ Whiskey”. Helluva Guitar Player and Frontman. Still performing I think.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
3 pages of southern rock and no mention of Blackfoot? Train,Train and Highway song? Marshall Tucker Band? Ambush?

Allman brothers kick ass.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Anyone remember “Stonecold Sober” by Crawler ?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Cranked that one up, been a long time since I'd heard it. Thanks bro.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Remember?.. Hell, Every other Jacked Up 4X4 or Hot Rod Camaro in town had "Flirtin' With Disaster" painted on the back of it!..

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RiverRider
It does seem like the tendencies to claim a band's name after destruction or dissolution for whatever reason originates with the southern rock bands. The legal fights over the Lynard Skynard name got pretty damned intense and nasty. Probably persists to this day.

Exactly right... Ronnie Van Zandt (lead singer, Lynyrd Skynyrd) widow, going back to the tragic 1977 plane crash, has been often reported as a mean, nasty, spiteful beotch! Anyone.... Gary Rossington. Alan Collins. Billy Powell, etc... those fateful few who miraculously survived the plane crash, were FORBIDDEN to try and resurrect Lynyrd Skynyrd. She sued and sued and counter-sued for years... mad

Sadly, today... All that remains of Lynyrd Skynyrd is: Gary Rossington. Everyone else is gone, passed away, quit, etc... frown

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Danny Joe Brown band opened for Charlie Daniels in I think 81 in Savannah Ga. He put on a great show.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Westman
Worst concert i ever saw. Spokane coliseum had the worst acoustics possible. Not their fault but they should have dialed the volume down to accommodate.
Sounds like Blue Oyster Cult in a quonset hut at the York Fairgrounds. I'd seen them outdoors and the one in a metal roofed building sucked.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
3 pages of southern rock and no mention of Blackfoot? Train,Train and Highway song? Marshall Tucker Band? Ambush?

Allman brothers kick ass.
On the first page jack.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,448 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.