Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
rufous Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
This article suggests that housing prices will continue to drop through next summer or so.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy...send-home-prices-tumbling-economist-says

My wife and I plan to move to Arkansas in early October and will be renting a mobile home. Not sure of the rent yet but suspect it will be under $1000/month. We looked at 11 homes while we were there recently and only found 1 that we really liked but it had just been listed the day before we saw it and was priced at $425,000. It is further away from where I will be working than I would ideally like to commute but was a stunning house on acreage. The owner is a realtor and presumably has some sense of the current market and priced it accordingly. We will see if he drops the price anytime soon or maybe it will sell today?

Anyway maybe we should just stay in the mobile home for several months and see if house prices do drop. Of course interest rates could continue to climb but maybe the prices will drop enough such that we could just buy a house outright without needing a mortgage. That would be sweet but I suspect to get what we are looking for we will still need a mortgage to some extent.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rate hikes finally taking hold?

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hold off buying until the TV tells people we're in a recession.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Prices are likely to drop 'some'.

The issue will be the cost of new builds over the past 1-2 years IMHO

Many 'new home' owners will be upside down if prices drop drastically.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Nobody wants a high interest home loan now.

That will hurt the real estate market across the board.

FJB!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Hold off buying until the TV tells people we're in a recession.

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I would guess within three years we will be seeing a bunch of "short sales" and repos hitting the market.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
The prices will definitely drop overall. Any individual market might hold onto prices but there’s going to be damned few. Interest rates are going to kill the housing market. You shouldn’t see a repeat of the ‘08 crash because there isn’t that many adjustable rate mortgages or balloon mortgages. Many people will be upside down and stuck. Some will lose their homes due to income loss but it shouldn’t be overwhelming. I would certainly wait to buy until prices fall and the Fed reverses course and starts lowering interest rates. Timed right you can catch the bottom of the market and lower interest rates.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I would guess within three years we will be seeing a bunch of "short sales" and repos hitting the market.

Yep, I bet you’re right. Lots of folks are going to be under water. Imagine having to relocate and your house is worth $50,000.00 less than you paid for it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Yep, I bet you’re right. Lots of folks are going to be under water. Imagine having to relocate and your house is worth $50,000.00 less than you paid for it.

But your home loan is at 3.2% and if you walk away to buy a similar home slightly cheaper your new home loan intrest rate would be much, much higher.

Making your upside down low interest rate home appearing to be the prize that it is.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Nobody wants a high interest home loan now.

That will hurt the real estate market across the board.

FJB!

6% is high interest? That was a really great rate not too long ago, I've heard horror stories of them 16-20% in the past.
But I get ya, definitely high compared to what we've seen the past couple years.

Last edited by killerv; 09/23/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You can not only thank FJB but J Powell as well for this mess.

Interest rates should have been 'bumped' upward starting a year ago[if not 7-8 years ago] to head this off.
Powell wanted to be renamed to the position so badly that he wouldn't even admit that the trend wasn't transitory.

So we get full on recession & high interest so one person could keep his position. mad

FJB & FJT
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Houses may be harder to sell in the future because of interest rates, but the price to build a new home will keep prices up. With that said as mentioned above, in a couple of years the repo department at Wells Fargo could get busy.

Thanks, Billy
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't care. One house is paid for and the mortgage on the other is locked in at 2.625. The rent for the paid for house pays the mortgage and utilities on the house I live in.

Boomer privilege.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I flipped the other rental house after a year and made $25K on it. Used the money to buy my wife a new RDX.

Not rich by no means. But if the crazies don't get us nuked, I ought to be able to live fairly relaxed until the reaper knocks on the door.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Until the renter stops paying...

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by WTM45
Until the renter stops paying...

No section 8,....prospective renters have to qualify.

They don't pay, they don't stay.

My rental property is in one of the historic districts of town. Houses there rarely come up for rent. When they do it's just a matter of choosing the best applicant.

So far I've had an attorney and a physician rent the place.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Thought I had it made, with all appropriate due diligence done as well. It sometimes goes sideways.
Done with rentals. Never again. Not even commercial.
Living in a no mortgage paid for home, and always will.
And capital gains (especially after a tax hit) never go into depreciating assets. Or assets requiring intense babysitting.

Do feel for the younger generation, trying to make a start.
But I had no free fuel put into my tank at the beginning of the race either.

Looking forward to any increases in interest rates paid to savers. Haha.
My attempt at humor on a Friday.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by WTM45
Thought I had it made, with all appropriate due diligence done as well. It sometimes goes sideways.
Done with rentals. Never again. Not even commercial.
Living in a no mortgage paid for home, and always will.
And capital gains (especially after a tax hit) never go into depreciating assets. Or assets requiring intense babysitting.

Do feel for the younger generation, trying to make a start.
But I had no free fuel put into my tank at the beginning of the race either.

Looking forward to any increases in interest rates paid to savers. Haha.
My attempt at humor on a Friday.

I don't worry about it. I'm not rich, as mentioned. But I'm far enough ahead that it would take an extreme set of circumstances to crash me. It worst comes to worst, I could sell the rental property, pay off this place, and have enough left over to pay taxes and utilities on it for the rest of my life.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Me either, Brother Bristoe.
Hoping all works according to plans for you, as it is always great to have a plan.
Life does bring some crazy turns in the road.
I had to make hard decisions a few years ago and might have lost some friendships over it.
But doing what is right for my team is best. I sincerely wish the same for you as well.

Crazy days we live in. Only wish those of us who lived within our means and practiced smart saving and spending practices could see better reward for our efforts and sacrifices. Free money has nearly killed savings and investments. Cash? No interest paid. Bonds? Little interest paid and bigger risks than ever before. Stocks? Daily losses. Real estate? Artificially inflated and walk-away attitudes prevail.

I'd love to be more optimistic....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interest rate increases will make a ‘price drop’ moot.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I had a 15 plus percentage mortgage with “Peanuts Carter.” So I don’t have a lot of sympathy for bitching about 5% mortgage rates. The sub 3% rates of not to long ago were unrealisticly low. If you were smart or lucky enough to grab that rate, good for you. I haven’t had a mortgage in 15 plus years.
And so what if the value of your house drops a bit, if you’re not selling, ride it out. The real estate market always has had its ups and downs but trends up over time.

NRA Patron
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Not very long ago, around here, folks were looking at how far upside down they were.

Then they would take a look at the identical house across the street, for sale for a lot less than they owed on their own.

Simple math. Buy the house across the street and let the bank foreclose on the one you are living in.

Not my way. I honor my debts. But some don't

Sure hope it does not get that bad this time.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
LOCATION IS EVERYTHING...

Average blue collar wage in some areas is $100/hour.

Other locations $12/hour.

Fox is terrible.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
Houses may be harder to sell in the future because of interest rates, but the price to build a new home will keep prices up. With that said as mentioned above, in a couple of years the repo department at Wells Fargo could get busy.

I wouldn’t count on the cost of building going up. Lumber futures just tumbled to $471, which is below the 5 year average.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/lumber

Russia is going into recession, China’s construction sector is already in recession, interest rates have already whacked housing starts……

There’s going to be a lot of cheap materials and hungry crews lookin for anyone with some cash to build houses for.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by GringoCazador

I wouldn’t count on the cost of building going up. Lumber futures just tumbled to $471, which is below the 5 year average.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/lumber

Russia is going into recession, China’s construction sector is already in recession, interest rates have already whacked housing starts……

There’s going to be a lot of cheap materials and hungry crews lookin for anyone with some cash to build houses for.

I think you are correct, by next year I'll be looking to build some multi family units once material prices come in a bit. Don't look for huge drops in prices, that won't happen for 12-18 months after we hit 10% + unemployment.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dale06
I had a 15 plus percentage mortgage with “Peanuts Carter.” So I don’t have a lot of sympathy for bitching about 5% mortgage rates. The sub 3% rates of not to long ago were unrealisticly low. If you were smart or lucky enough to grab that rate, good for you. I haven’t had a mortgage in 15 plus years.
And so what if the value of your house drops a bit, if you’re not selling, ride it out. The real estate market always has had its ups and downs but trends up over time.

Just remember that cost of living back then was way less than it is now as far as % income required for housing, essentials, vehicles etc. So it's not really apples to apples when you consider all of it together.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
There will be housing prices adjustment 10-25% depending on the area, due to high interest rates, high inflation and coming recession which has already started there will be layoffs so it's inevitable for housing prices to come down. This will be good opportunity for those with money to buy rental or second homes.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Just remember that cost of living back then was way less than it is now as far as % income required for housing, essentials, vehicles etc. So it's not really apples to apples when you consider all of it together.

The "moving parts" of 2022 are very different than any other point in my lifetime.

At least that is my opinion...

People are unlike ever before...

Historical Models are not applicable

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by duke61
There will be housing prices adjustment 10-25% depending on the area, due to high interest rates, high inflation and coming recession which has already started there will be layoffs so it's inevitable for housing prices to come down. This will be good opportunity for those with money to buy rental or second homes.

We won’t see near the downturn in the mountain and Southern Southern states, where we are just so far behind the demand it’s hard to fathom. Building will continue especially in multi family housing where cheap materials and crews and insane rent levels mean quick and easy money.

On the coasts, outside of a few major crown cities like NY and SFO, the market will stay soft for a long, long time. I really don’t expect any big outright drops in prices, but the next 10 years of inflation combined with stagnant prices will cut the real values by as much as half.

Even today, they claim housing went up by 7.5% in August, but that’s still a drop of 1% of value in an 8.5% inflation environment. Inflation isn’t going away for a long time, which will adjust the market significantly over time.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Some make a good case that inflation is already “crashing” as shipping costs are plummeting and inventory is going to get ridiculous and have to be moved. So they think the fed will see inflation easing and lower interest rates.

They are predicting a 7-8% increase in real estate this year as opposed to 17-18% last year.

Just what I am hearing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
Some make a good case that inflation is already “crashing” as shipping costs are plummeting and inventory is going to get ridiculous and have to be moved. So they think the fed will see inflation easing and lower interest rates.

They are predicting a 7-8% increase in real estate this year as opposed to 17-18% last year.

Just what I am hearing.

Ok Calvin, do you believe that?
How about as mortgage interest goes up the value of real estate will decline... seems like simple common sense to me... or should I believe the pundits? who seem to be consistently wrong.
As an investor I would recommend you think for yourself

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think we’re past peak inflation, but according to economic theory, inflation is “sticky”, because people EXPECT higher prices. As a seller of food, I absolutely love inflation. I can get away with raising prices just by saying “you know prices are going up”.

Yes, oil is below $80 again, yes, transportation costs on the spot market are below the long term average, but there are a lot of long term contracts written under the previous price levels that won’t expire for a while yet.

Food is going to stay high for a while, labor will stay high for a while. I’m buying a couple of thousand feet of pipe for the farm right now and everyone is trying to unload the inventory they bought high., so I’m looking for the outfit that doesn’t have any, so I can get “fresh” prices.

It’s going to be a fight for a while.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Lumber futures are a poor indicator of building costs. We rarely see the same percentage of movement at retail level and it takes a long time to trickle down. Lumber futures are for commodity brokers. M
Cost of pipe, wire, windows, flooring, shingles, cabinets, appliances, tubs, paint, Sheetrock, insulation, concrete, grass seed etc. is still rising or not dropping.
Labor is traditionally 1/3-1/2 the cost of building. It’s going UP. I gave multiple 20% raises this year.

Anyone that thinks we’ve peaked and things are going to start getting better is delusional

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think we’re past peak inflation, but according to economic theory, inflation is “sticky”, because people EXPECT higher prices. As a seller of food, I absolutely love inflation. I can get away with raising prices just by saying “you know prices are going up”.

Yes, oil is below $80 again, yes, transportation costs on the spot market are below the long term average, but there are a lot of long term contracts written under the previous price levels that won’t expire for a while yet.

Food is going to stay high for a while, labor will stay high for a while. I’m buying a couple of thousand feet of pipe for the farm right now and everyone is trying to unload the inventory they bought high., so I’m looking for the outfit that doesn’t have any, so I can get “fresh” prices.

It’s going to be a fight for a while.

Not seeing it in our AO. Pipe is high and will continue to be so. Our masonry supplier is limited to 40,000 bricks per month. That’s one big house. Architects are specing stone and siding now. Windows 20 weeks out, truss 8 weeks out, granite tops 6-8 weeks out.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Happening around here. Prices are dropping $50K-$70K and houses that sold in less than a week are now sitting for a month and still no lookers

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
You can tell the used house salesman by their answer… “unpredictable and unlike anything we have ever seen”… “Interest rate increases will make a ‘price drop’ moot”. I’m sorry and no offense but used house salesmen and insurance agents are less than a notch above politicians IMHOP. And yes you will be looking for jobs soon enough because cho biddens economy is a dumpster fire and the housing market is not far behind it. Your best bet is to start finding homes for illegals to weather the storm.

Last edited by WhiteTrash; 09/23/22.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
How many here are actually selling or buying?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not me!

I am saving for a new well Ed.

And by saving I mean shopping around for an interest rate under 8.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I think the crime situation in the cities will cause many properties outside of the cities to maintain their value. New York City and the west coast urban areas are going to take the biggest hit because they're grossly over-priced and the areas are becoming extremely undesirable places to live.

Right now California is more or less breaking even between people leaving and naive young people moving in. But that won't last much longer.

When the real exodus from the cities begin in earnest, there's going to be a rush to get rid of housing in those areas and the housing prices will plummet.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm always looking in select markets. A little cool off noted, but nothing making me want to unseat some capital.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reasons NOT to expect home prices to "crash" :

1. Historically, and in especially in light of current inflation 6% is NOT a high interest rate for a mortgage.

2. Some of the hottest real estate appreciation (mid-late 1980's, early 2000's) occurred when mortgage rates were much higher than present.

3. huge real estate appreciation has happened at the same time as stock market declined, e.g. after the Dot-Com bubble burst.

4. Residential rents are high and continue to climb.

5. Cost of new residential construction is high relative to resale prices.

6. High population growth and low amount of construction since "Sub. Prime Crisis"

7. Exodus from expensive urban areas, as already mentioned.

Last edited by night_owl; 09/23/22.

abusus non tollit usum
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by night_owl
1. Historically, and in especially in light of current inflation 6% is a high interest rate for a mortgage.
2. Some of the hottest real estate appreciation (mid-late 1980's, early 2000's) occurred when mortgage rates were much higher than present.
3. huge real estate appreciation has happened at the same time as stock market declined, e.g. after the Dot-Com bubble burst.
4. Residential rents are high.
5. Cost of new residential construction is high relative to resale.
6. Exodus from expensive urban areas as already mentioned.
Don’t tell Old Two Fist Houston

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by night_owl

1. Historically, and in especially in light of current inflation 6% is NOT a high interest rate for a mortgage.

4. Residential rents are high and continue to climb.

5. Cost of new residential construction is high relative to resale prices.

6. High population growth and low amount of construction since "Sub. Prime Crisis"

7. Exodus from expensive urban areas, as already mentioned.

Good commentary...

I would add lack of labor at any practical level...

i.e. the squeeze is on with any functional worker... competition to flip burgers at $30/hour vs. $25/hour for a roofer.

And that is amongst the smaller and smaller group of people willing to work anyway... vs. jackoff on their cell phones all day.

The socialism promise of "Equality For All" is an undercurrent in all matters...

Of course it is a lie... but that matters not.

There simply are too many ticks living on the hound-dog... for the hound-dog to make it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CashisKing
The "moving parts" of 2022 are very different than any other point in my lifetime.

Thanks, Cash.

I agree with your earlier assessment that the "moving parts" are different this time, for many reasons.
Relating to the worker psychology / cell phone jackoff issue, I think in the near future a lot of self-relocated remote workers will have their positions eliminated or off-shored.

abusus non tollit usum
A
Axl Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Houses/real estate in some areas will decline in price. Others won't. Depends on as always location. Less desirable areas will decline first. Demands in my area (Huntsville AL) is extremely strong. Not slowing down here at all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have not purchased an investment property to flip on almost to years due to current work load and crazy prices. Investor friends were over-paying because money was so cheap and rents are crazy. I do not see a crash like in 07-08 coming but a moderation in prices without the bidding wars we have here. The wife and I are looking for another house for ourselves and would like to rent our current house out now that it's paid for but I cannot find something to build equity in at a reasonable price. I do believe some of the major markets will be hit much harder as people move away.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by dale06

I’m not sure about that. Carter screwed up so bad interest rates went nuts, I had one at 17% as everyone said it was the new norm. At the same time there were lines to get gas which nearly doubled in price, utilities went way up, and so did most everything else including food etc.
The cost of living went up very fast.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Not me!

how much is a new well?....of course depending on depth...what is your estimate......bob

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
How many here are actually selling or buying?

I’m selling out west and buying over east.

Some folks are pricing aggressively and the homes are moving.

Others priced homes like rates are still dick nothing and they are dropping prices or not selling.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Interest rates aren’t “high” yet. They just aren’t inflation fanning retarded anymore.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Not me!

Ouch. Home equity loan maybe?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image from acegif.com]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Interest rates aren’t “high” yet. They just aren’t inflation fanning retarded anymore.

interest rates are high....its a matter of perspective....3 to 7 is high not everyone had a 10 or 15% mortgage....alot weren't even born yet.

I dont think 6% is bad ....but I have seen the flip side of things....housing will and already is slowing down yes some markets will be better than others...

building prices will come down...they have to when material isnt selling the price will drop...how much it comes down is the question.

labor will come down....if we get in a longer recession than anticipated.....no work no toys no house.....some areas it will be a blip others not so much....bob

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Bought a house & property 10 or so weeks ago. Sold my house & property 5-6 weeks ago.

Houses are not selling as quickly as they have in the past 2 or so years.

Houses around 325K > 380K went very fast if at all desireable.

The buyers in that market are a little more cautious for a couple reasons:

1) loans a little higher

2) More houses on the sell for longer time- no big rush

3) the prices are dropping, not at all uusual to see a 400K home now reduced by 50k

4) everything slowing down

5) this situation feeds on itself

This is your average buyer, people that can afford 500K +homes ....little different situation

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BobMt
Not me!

how much is a new well?....of course depending on depth...what is your estimate......bob

I have been trying to get a well on my place in WV for 2 years... or at least get someone to come out and look/give me an estimate.

Started with 5 points of contacts... then 3...

Now there are only 2 still doing that work.

The "Next Generation" is not taking up these jobs/trades.

At least around me.

---------------------------

Here in Virginia... my new neighbor put in a septic system (just last week). I am friends with the GC.

$30k. 5-6 month delay.

3/2 home. Nothing fancy.

I did not ask about the cost of the well.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cisco1
Bought a house & property 10 or so weeks ago. Sold my house & property 5-6 weeks ago.

Houses are not selling as quickly as they have in the past 2 or so years.

Houses around 325K > 380K went very fast if at all desireable.

The buyers in that market are a little more cautious for a couple reasons:

1) loans a little higher

2) More houses on the sell for longer time- no big rush

3) the prices are dropping, not at all uusual to see a 400K home now reduced by 50k

4) everything slowing down

5) this situation feeds on itself

This is your average buyer, people that can afford 500K +homes ....little different situation

Can you spell NY'er?

They sell their place in NY for $750k-1M. $500-750k in FL? No big deal.

1000+ NY'ers a day coming across FL's GA/FL state line. They're not stopping in GA like they were. GA going too blue.

Real estate markets are by NEIGHBORHOOD in FL now.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BobMt
...some areas it will be a blip others not so much....bob

I concur...

BUT

The "blip" might be way longer... than a normal blip...

And the "other areas" may be 3x-5x longer than "normal".

i.e. we all may be speaking Spanish by then.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Can you spell NY'er?

1000+ NY'ers a day coming across FL's GA/FL state line. They're not stopping in GA like they were. GA going too blue.

I heard a small rumor once that the rich California folks may someday also think of moving out.

Places like Montana, Idaho, Jackson Hole.

But I am sure it ain't true.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can you spell NY'er?

I heard a small rumor once that the rich California folks may someday also think of moving out.

Lol.

Probably not.

,(More from CA coming here now in larger numbers, too.)

Newscum policies.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Can you spell NY'er?

not a rumor.....lot of texas plates this year also....bob

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CashisKing,

"There simply are too many ticks living on the hound-dog... for the hound-dog to make it."

I have stolt that from you.

That's the root of a lot of our troubles now and in the future.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I ain't never seen no Californya license plate in West Virginny.

Tain't none of my neighbors nether...

But... they remain hopeful.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yeah, I know Fl & Tx are hot markets. I do a lot of business from companies in FL.

I am in Northwest Indiana , a lot of people fleeing to Indiana.

However, that market has cooled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cool, I guess? If you're paying cash.

If you take a 30 year mortgage out, random figures;

2020 $400,000 2.9% = $1665 per month

20% decrease in value $320,000 @ 7.5% = $2237 month

Winning?

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by hillestadj

2020 $400,000 2.9% = $1,665 per month

Winning?

Thank God!!!

Someone that actually does math... Bless you!

$400,000 @ 2.9% = $1,665 per month

20% decrease in value $320,000 @ 7.5% = $2,237 per month

------------------------------

$400,000 @ 7.5% = $2,797 per month

20% increase... $500,000 @ 7.5% = $3,496 month

---------------------------

Now try that with 12.5% interest...

20% decrease in value $320,000 @ 12.5% = $3,415 per month

$400,000 @ 12.5% = $4,296 per month

20% increase... $500,000 @ 12.5% = $5,336 month

Powell will keep going until the blood is flowing...

O'Biden will issue more free money and...

Powell will keep going until the blood is flowing... EVEN MORE.

Last edited by CashisKing; 09/24/22. Reason: Math typos...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

2020 $400,000 2.9% = $1,665 per month

Winning?

Thank God!!!

Someone that actually does math... Bless you!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It’s going to be an inflationary recession, Powell purposefully drives up unemployment/drives wages down while the costs of goods continue to rise because the dollar pool continues to be diluted by Biden/dems continuing to print trillions in free cash give aways.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's going to fall.... the question is how much? I think a bunch.... or not

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Powell purposefully drives up unemployment/drives wages down...

Wages ain't coming down... no way... no how...

People won't work... Social Economics will provide a safety net.

When 51% are on the .GOV teet...

Game over.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Game over.

But then we are back to, the tick being bigger than the dog

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by irfubar

Game over.

But then we are back to, the tick being bigger than the dog

Entonces la garrapata Venezolana matará al perro.

(Translation... Then the Venezuelan tick will kill the dog.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Game over.

Truth.

Not sure what the number is right now but it has to be close to 51%.

That's the Demon's plan.

As for buying a house right now.............some deals but not many & no, pricing is going down & the market has been artificially high for some time anyway so definitely not the time to buy if you don't really have to.

MM

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
There's some interesting predictions for mortgage rates next month.
https://themortgagereports.com/32667/mortgage-rates-forecast-fha-va-usda-conventional
I'd be tempted to rent while waiting for a dip in rates. Renting would give you a chance to learn the local real estate market better also. What kinda place does $425,000 get ya in Arkansas, anyway? Acreage, view, newer construction, fish camp on site?

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
R
rufous Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Erikj, the home I mentioned was built in 1999 if I remember correctly and is 3500 square feet. Very nicely built with 2 car attached garage and a separate garage. In ground pool which for us is a detraction. We have never been interested in having a pool. Mostly I figure they are costly to maintain and also take time to maintain. Well landscaped around the house and on 24 acres, most of it on a timbered hill behind the house. Other similar homes with acreage are priced higher from what we have seen. This place is near a small town which has been known as a hotbed area for druggies in the past but driving around the town we didn't see many derelict places. Plus as mentioned previously it is further from work than ideal. Still if it hasn't sold by the time we get out there we might make an offer.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Sounds like a pretty nice set up. Don't forget to research the water supply. Good luck with the entire endeavor.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
R
rufous Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks Erikj and others for your thoughts on this topic.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

2020 $400,000 2.9% = $1665 per month

Winning?

Exactly my earlier point. Some don’t get it - many will hopefully wake up

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,475
Posts18,471,521
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.