Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 81 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 80 81
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Regarding Salvation by Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Jesus alone:

I absolutely and unequivocally believe that God loves us and forgives us and saves us...not because of who we are or because of anything we do...but because of what Jesus did on the cross. Period. Our best efforts would never be good enough to ‘earn’ salvation. To me, we are not saved by obeying a list of do’s and don’t’s, or a list of rules and regulations (old covenant), like not eating certain foods, or not crossbreeding livestock…but by God’s grace alone, through faith in Jesus alone...and not at all by our own efforts or works or anything else.

Can't get any clearer than this. Thanks for posting this.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antlers,

The early church's words were verified by signs and wonders. Consider the book of Acts. It seems those are few now.

Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49
No, you are incapable of understanding even simple biblical concepts.

As I have said before, I can explain, but I cannot understand it for you.

I guess there is another explanation ….. perhaps your mind is clouded and you prefer to stay in the darkness.

You can't show it, so probably don't know it.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The book of Acts contains contradictions, possibly because it was written so much later.

Kent

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Hastings
What do you think?
I think that that verse that you’ve weaponized against those other’s here who don’t agree with your staunch anti-Apostle Paul position is just as applicable to you as it is to anyone else here.
I am not against anyone here or weaponizing against anyone. Just stating my doubts about Paul and hoping others will look into the matter. As I earlier said I understand I am in a decided minority in my opinion. But there are those that like me accept that Jesus was exactly who claimed to be and accept his teachings as truth. We aren't that many compared to the whole that claim Christianity but we are not a miniscule number either.

I don't know. I'm willing to view about everything with an open mind. But I can't understand why someone in Paul's situation would toss it all aside in order to go on the road to spread the Gospel to a bunch of Pagans.

It wasn't a high paying job and it put you at risk of getting your head cut off,.....which, by most accounts is what happened to Paul.

People make dumb choices sometimes.

Well?
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Claims can be made after the event. What is written came decades after the described events.

I thought that the canonisation process went across centuries? And that some gospels didn't make the final cut.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
The book of Acts contains contradictions, possibly because it was written so much later.

Kent

Give us a couple, please.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No, it is you that do not comprehend.

You clearly had no idea about the wheat and tares. You also seemed to miss the wheat/tare application to your misunderstanding on the nature of churches.

You don’t have even a rudimentary familiarity with Christian doctrine nor Biblical exegesis.

I’m thinking you still do not understand wheat/tares …..

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You clearly had no idea about the wheat and tares. You also seemed to miss the wheat/tare application to your misunderstanding on the nature of churches.

You don’t have even a rudimentary familiarity with Christian doctrine nor Biblical exegesis.

No, I don't care because it doesn't matter. You changed the topic to avoid answering my simple questions. Fail!

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Claims can be made after the event. What is written came decades after the described events.

I thought that the canonisation process went across centuries? And that some gospels didn't make the final cut.

That's right. I just meant what we have at the earliest estimated point. Maybe Matt or Mark and Paul's letters. Not to mention copying between books and the overall timeline.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Regarding Salvation by Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Jesus alone:

I absolutely and unequivocally believe that God loves us and forgives us and saves us...not because of who we are or because of anything we do...but because of what Jesus did on the cross. Period. Our best efforts would never be good enough to ‘earn’ salvation. To me, we are not saved by obeying a list of do’s and don’t’s, or a list of rules and regulations (old covenant), like not eating certain foods, or not crossbreeding livestock…but by God’s grace alone, through faith in Jesus alone...and not at all by our own efforts or works or anything else.
We have to make the decision to accept Christ's offer. After that, we must cooperate by doing His will. He will give us the strength to do those things through grace.
That’s where you and I differ on this matter. I trust that Jesus’ sacrifice was fully sufficient for one’s salvation. Period. I have confidence in it. We can’t ‘add to’ what Jesus already did by observing a sacrament or by doing good works.
You missed one of my previous posts. Your assertion doesn't stand up to even the most minimal scrutiny.

We can be closer to God by building up (working on) treasurer in Heaven while we are on Earth Matthew 6:19-21.

2 Corinthians 7:1
Hebrews 7:19
Hebrews 12:1
1 Corinthians 9:24-27
2 Timothy 4:7
Philippians 3:13-14
Philippians 4:13
Matthew 24:13
Psalm 60:12
Philippians 2:16

I could go on & on all day, but you get the idea.
Is your problem that you think we are all the same? That we all are of the same merit? That's not very humble, and I think it goes in face of all of our experiences meeting people who are superior to us in some way. Just as some people are better athletes than myself, I also recognize being in the presence of someone holier than myself. Don't give me the "filthy rags" bunk argument from Isaiah 64:6 and leave out the rest of Isaiah 64, especially verse 5 (which tells you who he is talking about) or verse 8 which supports my argument even further that we are to surrender ourselves to the Lord's will by accepting His will and...and doing His bidding.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is so true. "Take heed that ye be not deceived. For many shall come in my name"
Have you ever considered that verse as being applicable to you too…? Or do you just consider it as being applicable to those other’s who don’t agree with your staunch anti-Apostle position (since that’s always when you toss it out there)…?
Not really, but what do I know? What do you think?
I think you need to pick up a catechism of Trent and see what Jesus, in His authority, passed on to His church.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did Jesus himself claim to be God? I know about the ambiguous I AM statement in John, but did he otherwise claim that he was God? He directly prayed to God as if he were not himself God. Lots of times.
Hastings, my friend, He said it REPEATEDLY and boldly. He said He is the God of the OT.
You really need to look into this yourself. It's such a pervading theme of the Gospels that I'm not even going to argue about it. It's almost like someone said "the grass is neon blue".

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Did Jesus himself claim to be God? I know about the ambiguous I AM statement in John, but did he otherwise claim that he was God? He directly prayed to God as if he were not himself God. Lots of times.
Nothing ambiguous about it. Jesus clearly used the very words that God the Father clearly used to reveal Himself to Moses from the burning bush. To the Old Covenant, Mosaic Law following Jews who were there, this was the very epitome of blasphemy, and they clearly had no doubt that Jesus was clearly claiming to be God. So much so that they attempted to stone Him on the spot for it.

Another time Jesus clearly told the Jews that He and His Father are one. And the Old Covenant, Mosaic Law following Jews who were there had no doubt that Jesus was clearly claiming to be God. So much so that they again attempted to stone Him on the spot for it. They even clearly said they were stoning Him because He “claimed to be God.”

Exactly.

Any assertion toward ambiguousness demonstrates ignorance of not only the original languages but even the translations.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is so true. "Take heed that ye be not deceived. For many shall come in my name"
Have you ever considered that verse as being applicable to you too…? Or do you just consider it as being applicable to those other’s who don’t agree with your staunch anti-Apostle position (since that’s always when you toss it out there)…?
Not really, but what do I know? What do you think?
I think you need to pick up a catechism of Trent and see what Jesus, in His authority, passed on to His church.
I believe that is a Roman Catholic thing

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I trust that Jesus’ sacrifice was fully sufficient for one’s salvation. Period. I have confidence in it. We can’t ‘add to’ what Jesus already did by observing a sacrament or by doing good works.
Your assertion doesn't stand up to even the most minimal scrutiny.
Sure it does. But it doesn’t jive with the Catholic doctrine that claims one is justified by faith ‘and’ works. The Reformers didn’t think so, nor do I. Catholic doctrine claims that ‘works’ are ‘necessary’ for salvation. The Reformers didn’t think so, nor do I.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hastings, my friend, He said it REPEATEDLY and boldly. He said He is the God of the OT.
You really need to look into this yourself. It's such a pervading theme of the Gospels that I'm not even going to argue about it. It's almost like someone said "the grass is neon blue".
I am Unitarian to the extent I believe there is one God. This Trinity stuff doesn't seem to fit. Who was Jesus speaking of when he said "my father"? Who was he praying to? What did he mean when he asked "why callest thou me good? There is none good but One, that is, God"?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"God in three persons." How could Jesus raise Himself? He was dead.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am Unitarian to the extent I believe there is one God. This Trinity stuff doesn't seem to fit. Who was Jesus speaking of when he said "my father"? Who was he praying to? What did he mean when he asked "why callest thou me good? There is none good but One, that is, God"?
Again, highlighting that He is God. You did not account for the questioner, after witnessing repeated miracles and claims by Jesus, realizing that Jesus is God.

The entire Trinity was involved in Jesus' resurrection. https://www.gotquestions.org/who-resurrected-Jesus.html
Ask yourself what God did before He created the World. Remember, God is love (and truth, etc). What would a single God be doing? Nothing. The Trinity? Loving. It takes more than one to love.
Check out different trnaslations of John 8:42, “For I proceeded and came forth from God”; and John 15:26 where he says of the Spirit that he “proceeds from the Father”.

Last edited by Tyrone; 09/26/22.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[b][/b]

No, I don't care because it doesn't matter. You changed the topic to avoid answering my simple questions. Fail!

Note that you posted: “No, I don’t care because it doesn’t matter…..

You don’t care to understand the wheat/tare issue …. Well, understanding it does matter and you don’t care about it.

You don’t care to understand anything.

And you in fact, understand very little and you show it In virtually every one of your posts….… you are comfortable with and stay ensconced in your ignorance….

There are two problems ….

One….you don’t understand.

Two….you don’t even care to understand.

Until you do,you will stay in spiritual darkness.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Page 24 of 81 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 17 invisible), 1,489 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,487
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.