Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 81 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 80 81
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
I am Unitarian to the extent I believe there is one God.
Christians also believe that there is one God.
This Trinity stuff doesn't seem to fit. Who was Jesus speaking of when he said "my father"? Who was he praying to? What did he mean when he asked "why callest thou me good? There is none good but One, that is, God"?
God the Son became a human in Jesus. God the Son (Jesus) was born as a human baby and He lived in a human body, experiencing all that we experience…including praying to God the Father…and yet never sinning. Jesus had a human nature. To your last question…considering the context of the conversation that Jesus was in when He posed that question…He clearly wasn’t denying His deity, He was simply and clearly pointing out that goodness does NOT flow from man’s heart, but from God Himself.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
I am Unitarian to the extent I believe there is one God.
Christians also believe that there is one God.
This Trinity stuff doesn't seem to fit. Who was Jesus speaking of when he said "my father"? Who was he praying to? What did he mean when he asked "why callest thou me good? There is none good but One, that is, God"?
God the Son became a human in Jesus. God the Son (Jesus) was born as a human baby and He lived in a human body, experiencing all that we experience…including praying to God the Father…and yet never sinning. Jesus had a human nature. To your last question…considering the context of the conversation that Jesus was in when He posed that question…He clearly wasn’t denying His deity, He was simply and clearly pointing out that goodness does NOT flow from man’s heart, but from God Himself.
Maybe so

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It Hass to be says that to deny the Trinity is tonight a deed to Christ. She denied due to Christ is to deny the Christian faith. One cannot be a Christian and deny the Trinity.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IZH27
It Hass to be says that to deny the Trinity is tonight a deed to Christ. She denied due to Christ is to deny the Christian faith. One cannot be a Christian and deny the Trinity.
Unitarians are in fact Christians.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It is impossible to be a Unitarian, deny the deity of Christ in the Trinity, and be a Christian. Christ as God in the flesh for a father, son, and Holy Spirit is the key tenant of the Christian faith.

That view of Christianity and doctrine is just as godless as Mormonism and Jehovah’s Witness.

Last edited by IZH27; 09/26/22.
IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
It is impossible to be a Unitarian, deny the deity of Christ in the Trinity, and be a Christian. Christ as God in the flesh for a father, son, and Holy Spirit is the key tenant of the Christian faith.

That view of Christianity and doctrine is just as godless as Mormonism and Jehovah’s Witness.

If you wonder why you can't 'transcend' more spiritually, it's because you are stuck right here. You must let go of bias toward your fellow man, leave God's prerogative to him. No one who believes in something more than just us is godless, all religions are wrong in someway, it's human nature.

Kent

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Maybe you could tell me, then how you have been transcending in your life. As I’ve said before I tried, and it didn’t work for me. It wasn’t an issue of not letting go of anything. It wasn’t an issue of desire, and it wasn’t an issue of trying, and it certainly wasn’t an issue of trust.

If you have and are transcending, you should have evidence that you can point to share with us.

Last edited by IZH27; 09/26/22.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
By definition to be a Christian one, must believe in the deity of Christ. Hence the word Christian.

To deny the deed of Christ makes Christ a good moral person rather than the divine son of God incarnate. To do this separates the view and the one holding that view from Christianity while fully aligning it with, his long, Mormonism, Unitarianism, watch tower society, etc.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Unitarians are in fact Christians.

So you don’t believe Jesus’ apostle Paul, and you don’t believe Jesus is God. Jesus has to be God in order to save us. Jesus is the ONLY way to salvation. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

Do you believe in salvation through Jesus Christ? Or does your salvation depend on good works or in what?

How could Jesus save the world if He weren’t God, John 3:16-18. If you don’t believe in Jesus, you’re condemned.

Jesus gives life and judgment, John 5:21-23. How could Jesus give life and have the power to judge if He weren’t God?

All power in Heaven and earth is given to Jesus. “I and my Father are one”, John 10:30

For in Him resides all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, Colossians 2:9. Jesus is the visible member of the Godhead, and all that is in God is in Him. If you know Jesus, you know God and have seen God, John 14:8-11.

Jesus is God, as only God can forgive sins, and Jesus forgives sin, Luke 5:20-24, Mark 2:1-12

Scripture proves Jesus is God. One has to be blind and arrogant to deny the deity of Jesus.

Some day, every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, Philippians 2:10-11. Every knee will bow, even those in denial and rebellion, and those who rejected Jesus. Scripture says that means eternal doom, as it will be too late to be saved at the Great White Throne judgment.

Last edited by WhiteTail48; 09/26/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Mr Osteen came on the tube about 11 last night. He says the best Christians know how to pray bigly. For example, one should pray for a miracle that pays off their mortgage. I didn’t know Mr Osteen is still working.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe you could tell me, then how you have been transcending in your life. As I’ve said before I tried, and it didn’t work for me. It wasn’t an issue of not letting go of anything. It wasn’t an issue of desire, and it wasn’t an issue of trying, and it certainly wasn’t an issue of trust.

If you have and are transcending, you should have evidence that you can point to share with us.
I don't curse anymore, I don't whore around, I pray more, I'm more patient, I'm more joyful, kinder, more faithful, and I'm more generous.

Certainly not perfect, but much better. I will continue to run the race.

Not any better looking, though. frown
laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Genesis says that God created everything. John 1 says Jesus created everything. No contradiction there. Jesus IS God.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Genesis says that God created everything. John 1 says Jesus created everything. No contradiction there. Jesus IS God.
Amen

Romans 5:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Google "modalism".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Colossians says "all the fullness of God dwelt in bodily form."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Colossians says "all the fullness of God dwelt in bodily form."
Who wrote that? What does it mean?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Quote:
"Is your problem that you think we are all the same? That we all are of the same merit? That's not very humble, and I think it goes in face of all of our experiences meeting people who are superior to us in some way. Just as some people are better athletes than myself, I also recognize being in the presence of someone holier than myself. Don't give me the "filthy rags" bunk argument from Isaiah 64:6 and leave out the rest of Isaiah 64, especially verse 5 (which tells you who he is talking about) or verse 8 which supports my argument even further that we are to surrender ourselves to the Lord's will by accepting His will and...and doing His bidding."

Tyrone, no we are not all the same to each other here on this earth. But we are all equal in that we are all unrighteous in the eyes of God, but for the work of Christ on the cross. His sacrifice made all believers equal in God's sight; so, when we leave this earth and stand before God, we are joint heirs with Jesus. Yes, God wants us to surrender ourselves to his will and do his bidding, but our acceptance by Him is unconditional because Jesus surrendered himself to God's will and did his bidding on the cross, in our stead.

I guess a way of looking at it is if you think of life as a pass-fail test, then we all fail and are therefore equal as far as God is concerned. Some may fail more miserably than others, but we all fail. We have no merit with God. But Jesus took the test for us and passed with a perfect score; so a Christian's score in God's eyes is made perfect, again making us equal. Hope this helps (or at least doesn't confuse).

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49
[b][/b]
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
No, it is you that do not comprehend.

You clearly had no idea about the wheat and tares. You also seemed to miss the wheat/tare application to your misunderstanding on the nature of churches.

You don’t have even a rudimentary familiarity with Christian doctrine nor Biblical exegesis.

I’m thinking you still do not understand wheat/tares …..

No, I don't care because it doesn't matter. You changed the topic to avoid answering my simple questions. Fail!

Note that you posted: “No, I don’t care because it doesn’t matter…..

You don’t care to understand the wheat/tare issue …. Well, understanding it does matter and you don’t care about it.

You don’t care to understand anything.

And you in fact, understand very little and you show it In virtually every one of your posts….… you are comfortable with and stay ensconced in your ignorance….

There are two problems ….

One….you don’t understand.

Two….you don’t even care to understand.

Until you do,you will stay in spiritual darkness.

I think you avoid responding in plain engrish because you are afraid of how stupid it will be, so you prefer to use the stupid parables from your favorite book of fables thinking that they address the questions in any definitive way.

If you can't formulate a proper answer just say so.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I think we can all see the glaring problem - if god is Jesus, then there was no sacrifice - he was god before, had a bad weekend, and then went back to being god.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[b][/b]
No, it is you that do not comprehend.

You clearly had no idea about the wheat and tares. You also seemed to miss the wheat/tare application to your misunderstanding on the nature of churches.

You don’t have even a rudimentary familiarity with Christian doctrine nor Biblical exegesis.

I’m thinking you still do not understand wheat/tares …..

No, I don't care because it doesn't matter. You changed the topic to avoid answering my simple questions. Fail!

Note that you posted: “No, I don’t care because it doesn’t matter…..

You don’t care to understand the wheat/tare issue …. Well, understanding it does matter and you don’t care about it.

You don’t care to understand anything.

And you in fact, understand very little and you show it In virtually every one of your posts….… you are comfortable with and stay ensconced in your ignorance….

There are two problems ….

One….you don’t understand.

Two….you don’t even care to understand.

Until you do,you will stay in spiritual darkness.

I think you avoid responding in plain engrish because you are afraid of how stupid it will be, so you prefer to use the stupid parables from your favorite book of fables thinking that they address the questions in any definitive way.

If you can't formulate a proper answer just say so.

Little Albert was in the third grade and was struggling with his computations in long division.

He heard some other boys talking about “differential equations.” He felt a bit left out so he went to father and said “teach me all about differential equations.”

His father said “Little Albert, I love you dearly, but you don’t understand. You have to learn algebra and some calculus before you can understand differential equations.”

Little Albert got mad and said “I know long division so why can’t you teach me differential equations?”

His father sighed and said “Little Albert, you must study and learn more before you can understand differential equations.”

Little Albert grew angry and cursed his father….. telling his father that he was just a “bad teacher.”

His loving father… a math professor, just sighed and didn’t know why Little Albert was so ……?

So…. Is your name Albert?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Page 25 of 81 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,093
Posts18,483,005
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.