#17640867 09/26/22
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You sombitch!

There musta been 50 of those fugging Starlink abominations flew over me tonight
I didn't realize they could launch that much gay with one rocket.

I am MAGA.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeebus.

Wonder if I can see 'em here.

Nice and dark out and the stars were starting to shine when I came in.

Prolly can't hit 'em with an ought six? Maybe one of them long range Creedmore thingies?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Look on the bright side Jim.
All the little black kids in Africa will be able to fire up their iPads and join in with us here on the Fire.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Just got hooked up to Star Link today. Much faster than ViaStat.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NVhntr
All the little black kids in Africa will be able to fire up their iPads and join in with us here on the Fire.
LMAO

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Iran has shut down their Internet due to the protests, I believe Musk is planning to turn it back on.....

Please don't feed the trolls!
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Iran has shut down their Internet due to the protests, I believe Musk is planning to turn it back on.....

We used to se a dozen or so of those wretched things at a time.

There was easy 50 this time.

Plus a big gap right at the end. I can only assume that the last few ran out of gas right after jettisoning.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
https://nypost.com/2022/09/24/elon-musk-opening-up-starlink-in-iran/

SpaceX founder Elon Musk appeared to confirm Friday that he will make Starlink available in Iran.

Musk replied “Activating Starlink …” to Secretary of State Antony Blinken tweeting that the US government had taken action to increase internet freedom for Iranians.

The Treasury Department announced Friday it had issued a general license that will “authorize technology companies to offer the Iranian people with more options of secure, outside platforms and services.” The Iranian government cut off internet access for many of its citizens Wednesday amid widespread protests over the death of a 22-year-old woman in police custody, the department said.

The protests in Iran erupted last weekend after Mahsa Amini died following her detainment by Iran’s morality police. She died a few days after falling into a coma while being detained on an accusation of violating a law related to hijabs.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I live in a dark sky area. On a clear night we see the milky way all across the sky. My wife and I have shooting star watching contests (I swear she cheats... or maybe it's just her eyes being 9 years younger) point being we really like the night sky. Years ago it was a rare thing to say "yep that must be a satellite" Now they are common. I get not liking the "light pollution" angle.

China says they might shoot them down so stay tuned.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I live in a dark sky area. On a clear night we see the milky way all across the sky. My wife and I have shooting star watching contests (I swear she cheats... or maybe it's just her eyes being 9 years younger) point being we really like the night sky. Years ago it was a rare thing to say "yep that must be a satellite" Now they are common. I get not liking the "light pollution" angle.

China says they might shoot them down so stay tuned.
We live in one of the darkest areas of the US.

I hate that folks down the way have them dam orange lights on poles at their places that burn all night. And the nearest is 1/2 mile away or so. Good thing is I can look the other direction towards the BLM land and have a nice dark sky..............except I can't see the horizon well, there's a ridge back there.

Worry about a new neighbor 2 tenths of a mile starting to build on a lot. Hope he doesn't want one of them damn all night lights.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
20 years ago we offered to buy a neighbor 400 yards away a motion sensor security lighting system if they would consider taking down their all night light. They declined the offer for security lights but took down the all night light and were pleased with the savings on their power bill. Nice neighbors

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Prolly can't hit 'em with an ought six? Maybe one of them long range Creedmore thingies?

Try one of them 9mm cannons. chiner joe says they can blow the lungs clean outta' a person and they leave the muzzle at 5x the velocity of an unladen swallow - or something like that.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
20 years ago we offered to buy a neighbor 400 yards away a motion sensor security lighting system if they would consider taking down their all night light. They declined the offer for security lights but took down the all night light and were pleased with the savings on their power bill. Nice neighbors

I'd hate to have to do that, but thanks for the idea. Neighbor in the other direction has a wife that like those LED yard lights, but even with as many as she has it's not a real problem. Lots of little blue ones, not very bright. The white ones she has don't amount to much either.

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Try one of them 9mm cannons. chiner joe says they can blow the lungs clean outta' a person and they leave the muzzle at 5x the velocity of an unladen swallow - or something like that.

Might have to get me one of them "sniper" rifles they're trying to ban. You know, the ones with a scope and such on them

In it is contentment

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We watched the light pollution train as well, was a beautiful night otherwise.

Just wait til Musk figures out how to sell ad space with those satellites. You will get to read ads that move across the night sky.

Figure the first one will read TESLA?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I legit lol'd

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sat. Nights space X launch as seen over the Chesapeake Bay, mouth of the Potomac area.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

1982, Ghana, longest dry season in twenty years, I would walk two miles up the mountain every evening to a well in the next village, come back after dark. One bright satellite, seemingly regular as clockwork.

2019, Montana, sleeping out south of Havre, so much space junk moving around up there it’d make your head spin.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by High_Noon

An English Swallow or an African Swallow?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jim, if you're giving me credit for those satellites, it is not deserved. Odds are there are well over 2,000 space things over your head at this moment. Why pick on those 50?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 66 invisible), 3,246 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,380
Posts18,469,532
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.