-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Griz scares the schitt out of me, but without them out there, it'd just be another patch of woods.

It ain't the same hunting where you don't need to watch your six.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by UpThePole
MT, ID and WY all have them. 100s are killed by G&F, Federal hunters and ranchers.

"shoot, shovel and shut up"

I always hear this but it seems to be most often repeated by those who've never done it and never will.

As in, if I ever had to shoot a bear where I didn't want anyone to know I did it the last thing I'd do is leave the scene, go get a shovel, return to the scene, and spend the time digging a hole big enough to bury a bear.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith
Sometimes they are very angry even after being released at relocating:

[Linked Image from fieldandstream.com][Linked Image from fieldandstream.com][Linked Image from fieldandstream.com][Linked Image from fieldandstream.com][Linked Image from fieldandstream.com][Linked Image from fieldandstream.com][Linked Image from fieldandstream.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A guys gotta wonder just what was going through Louis's mind as he put his hand on the back of that bear to brace his fall.

[Linked Image from fieldandstream.com]

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
What's the rule on salvaging horn from a rotten elk?

When it is a hunter killed elk, you can’t take any part of the elk.

Wrong

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA
A guys gotta wonder just what was going through Louis's mind as he put his hand on the back of that bear to braced his fall.

[Linked Image from fieldandstream.com]

Maybe “Nice kitty”

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
MT, ID and WY all have them. 100s are killed by G&F, Federal hunters and ranchers.

LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith
Sometimes they are very angry even after being released at relocating:

I think I'll just use my 10mm on myself in that situation!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

I always hear this but it seems to be most often repeated by those who've never done it and never will.

As in, if I ever had to shoot a bear where I didn't want anyone to know I did it the last thing I'd do is leave the scene, go get a shovel, return to the scene, and spend the time digging a hole big enough to bury a bear.

Come on maaaaann. Go with the flow. laffin

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole

You'd need a backhoe for a big griz

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Osky
Spring bear season years back on the Idaho side of Lolo pass area had a guy shoot a very nice black bear. Went back by the harvesting spot the next day and a grizzly had eaten everything of the gut pile.
Horses were skittish there.
Great pics Shrap, a year from now I’ll be in Alaska trying for a bigger one.

Osky

Was that in the Beaver Ridge or Parachute Hill area? I worked there in the early 90's.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Is that Kyle Lamb?

Yeah. I think it's the same photo Kyle has on his wall at home.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by losttrail60

Wrong

Stick with something you know something about. We called FWP to find out the rule for taking the horns, they (FWP) that’s Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks, they control the hunting regulations, not you, and they said you can’t claim an animal that has been wounded by another hunter.

When we talked to them, they never once mentioned you or what you know about game laws in Montana…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Wrong

Stick with something you know something about. We called FWP to find out the rule for taking the horns, they (FWP) that’s Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks, they control the hunting regulations, not you, and they said you can’t claim an animal that has been wounded by another hunter.

When we talked to them, they never once mentioned you or what you know about game laws in Montana…

Pure made up BS. It is very clear in the regs on page 24 about what you take and what you can't. Read it and understand it if you can but I have my doubts. I don't need to talk to FWP because I can understand the regs. Stick to faking moose pics which is all you are good at.

There was nothing illegal about how that bull died. Piss poor shot ya. The dude was probably unprepared and had to adjust his peep with his teeth. LOL

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
These 2 pictures really show the difference between dead and buried...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL.

We get it.

You're a skeird puZZy.

Stay in town.

Somebody got their little feelers hurt.

Burns, Shrapnel has been a fixture of this forum for many years, and the majority of us who have stayed around a little really like his posts.
You on the other hand, are the hemorrhoid that just won’t go away.
And to say Sharp needs to stay in town? Only pictures I’ve seen of you show a fat boy with an AR and usually somebody to carry the load standing with you.
Shrap on the other hand only posts cool [bleep], like sweet guns usually with dead critters. No fanfare, just the the good stuff.

Thats why we like him, and not you. In a nutshell.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Jeffrey; 09/27/22.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Wrong

Pure made up BS. It is very clear in the regs page 24 on what you take and what you can't. Read it and understand it if you can but I have my doubts. Stick to faking moose pics which is all you are good at.

There was nothing illegal about how that bull died. Piss poor shot ya. The dude was probably unprepared and had to adjust his peep with his teeth. LOL

Reread pg 24...esp MCA 87-6-202 section (c).

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Wrong

Pure made up BS. It is very clear in the regs page 24 on what you take and what you can't. Read it and understand it if you can but I have my doubts. Stick to faking moose pics which is all you are good at.

Do you understand the word "unlawfully"?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Wrong

Do you understand "accidentally killed?"

As to unlawful...if no tag on that hunter killed animal...if is unlawful to possess in MT.

But YOU are the expert with primo reading comprehension...ymmv

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Wrong

Do you understand "accidentally killed?"

As to unlawful...if no tag on that hunter killed animal...if is unlawful to possess in MT.

But YOU are the expert with primo reading comprehension...ymmv

"accidentally killed" is under sheep you moron. BTW wounding loss is not illegal but I wish it was.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 6 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,592
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.