Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
A lot of people will associate this tragedy with the officer being female.

They may be correct.

The female officer was the back up officer. She told the first cop her car was behind his but good catch that there was a woman on scene.

First cop completely lost situational awareness and nearly or maybe got someone killed. He ought to be done.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Lover her tattoos and black nail polish. Screams professional, I can't believe she'd have her head so far up her vajayjay that she'd leave her vehicle with a subject in the cage parked on the tracks.

Somebody should have kept to answering the phones methinks.

You missed the big burly man too. He's standing next to the car giving directions to the perp. The HER was parked behind HIM and told him so. Maybe you should change your tack to blaming it on a Mexican. You'd be a lot closer.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Higginez
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I don't think it was the woman cop's patrol car on the track. She was arriving after the car on the tracks was already there. The large cop giving instructions to the lady looks like it was his car.

It wasn't.

The 24hcf strikes again!

Irrelevant. It looks like it was the other officer’s vehicle but the female officer placed her in the backseat. They both own it. He parked on the tracks, more to the point she placed the subject in the cage in that vehicle. Didn’t move it. Didn’t tell him to move it. Didn’t walk her back to her vehicle.

Campfire was accurate this time….

So it's all still her fault?
The He Man Woman Hating Club, 24 Hour Campfire Chapter is in session.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Colorado.....explains everything.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smarquez
Lover her tattoos and black nail polish. Screams professional, I can't believe she'd have her head so far up her vajayjay that she'd leave her vehicle with a subject in the cage parked on the tracks.

Somebody should have kept to answering the phones methinks.

You missed the big burly man too. He's standing next to the car giving directions to the perp. The HER was parked behind HIM and told him so. Maybe you should change your tack to blaming it on a Mexican. You'd be a lot closer.

🤣

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Wow. How someone so stupid can be badged is a scary thought. That said, the enginator COULD have wiped the clock a lot earlier with all those gumball machines going tilt.

I thought you knew better, Dave. An experienced engineer will have been conditioned by daily near misses and false alarms to resist plugging it until absolutely sure it's called for.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by killahog
A few tips from a Engineer , In an emergency place a set of jumper cables from one rail to the next, if done in time this will change the signals to red for the Engineer to stop or place a burning road flare between the rails the train is coming on, we will immediately slow down to 15 or 20 mph.

Those are both "maybe". Also calling dispatch to stop trains "maybe". Kind of like some guy you don't know handing you a pistol and telling you it's unloaded. Only he's more believable. It's a hard and fast rule - you don't park on railroad tracks for any reason, unless you have gone through the process of obtaining formal authority to occupy the track. Period. End of story.

The railroads have gone to great lengths to educate people about the danger of being on the tracks. You'd have to pretty much actively avoid learning this to not be aware of it at this point. The injured's lawyer should be all over this.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can tell you some really weird railroad tales!

Like the guy that witnessed a fatal crossing accident.
They finally got the mess cleaned up, released to train to continue.
The next crossing was 1/2 mile away and the train slams into another car, killing the single occupant.
It was the guy who witnessed the previous crossing accident!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The big question is how badly hurt was the woman? I have read several sources and none say anything about her condition.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
The big question is how badly hurt was the woman? I have read several sources and none say anything about her condition.

If she hasn't even a visible mark on her, she still has a case.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Broken ribs, cracked sternum in paper. Surely more. Nothing clear about road rage, menacing, having a pistol.
As for engineer, as said, lots of near misses, if he brsked for every one the train would never go. I doubt the headlight shines over a mile to judge the clearance

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Wow. How someone so stupid can be badged is a scary thought. That said, the enginator COULD have wiped the clock a lot earlier with all those gumball machines going tilt.

I thought you knew better, Dave. An experienced engineer will have been conditioned by daily near misses and false alarms to resist plugging it until absolutely sure it's called for.

Just to clarify for the uninitiated - it ain't absolutely sure it's called for until it's too late. You don't make an emergency stop to avoid a crossing accident. That's the definition of futility. And it's the car driver's or truck driver's responsibility to not be there when the train comes. You put the train into emergency (stop) as soon as you know the collision will happen because it looks better in court. That's usually only seconds before impact. Only a piglet would do otherwise,.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If that happened to me, and I survived, I hope at least one of the cops would come to the hospital, so I could cuss them out at least 15 different ways. Stupid bastards.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Did I see correctly?
After the car was struck by the train, the female officer and one or two others ran towards the wreckage.??
..but the other officers stayed with the suspects vehicle continuing on with their search and ignored the injured victim?
Is that what I saw?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cop Car Parking Powerpoint

Slide 1 - Don't park on Rail Road Tracks.

Slide 2 - Don't park on Airport Runways.

Slide 3 - Don't park near the third rail.

Slide 4.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve4102
Did I see correctly?
After the car was struck by the train, the female officer and one or two others ran towards the wreckage.??
..but the other officers stayed with the suspects vehicle continuing on with their search and ignored the injured victim?
Is that what I saw?

Yes, you saw that, they acted like it was special effects.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Holy crap, with such a disregard for a citizens life, does anyone still wonder why cops are universally hated? I guarantee you if that had been a cop on the tracks that schitshow wouldn't have went down like that.

Not a bad comment actually. The lack of response to get the car off the tracks, let alone park it there in the first place is pretty damning.

Can't put it any better, myself.

Total lack of situational awareness. Only able to function at one thing at a time.

As to the other officers not moving it, some agencies have interlocks on the cars so that only the issued officer can put it in gear once that interlock is engaged and you have to put the key back in the ignition to do it. Yes, that same interlock will allow you to drive the car without the key in the ignition.
Does that vehicle have that system? Who knows. Once the female was in the patrol car and the other vehicle secured, the FIRST thing the cop should have done is get her patrol car off of those tracks. You can search for evidence later. They had all the time in the world to search it.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by Higginez
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I don't think it was the woman cop's patrol car on the track. She was arriving after the car on the tracks was already there. The large cop giving instructions to the lady looks like it was his car.

It wasn't.

The 24hcf strikes again!

Irrelevant. It looks like it was the other officer’s vehicle but the female officer placed her in the backseat. They both own it. He parked on the tracks, more to the point she placed the subject in the cage in that vehicle. Didn’t move it. Didn’t tell him to move it. Didn’t walk her back to her vehicle.

Campfire was accurate this time….

So it's all still her fault?
The He Man Woman Hating Club, 24 Hour Campfire Chapter is in session.

I'm not sure if this is smarquez or his wife I am replying to, but the answer is the same. Read back through it and note where I said "they both own it".

I only mention this because one of you went ballistic with a menstrual bleed about feral horses a couple years ago. When I brought it up later one of you admitted the female (is there a male in the relationship?) had access to the account.

The female (is that word ok?) put the subject in the backseat of the car. THAT WAS PARKED ON THE RR TRACKS. She owns it. Not because she's a chick, because she screwed up.

And folks still wonder why CA gets mocked lol

MAGA
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1234, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 73 invisible), 2,123 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,783
Posts18,495,955
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.