Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Originally Posted by irfubar
Losttrasil60 is wrong and full of schit..... typical brain dead libtard....

In regards to bighorn sheep it says "It is unlawful to posses bighorn sheep head/horns picked up in the wild" this has been a law for a long time , a legally taken sheep has an identifying plug placed in the horns... I have heard of rare exceptions where a person finds a ram dead by natural causes and a game warden accompanies them to the site and allows an individual to take the horns... my guess is you better have connections to make that happen.

As for elk deer etc... the law is a little more vague... but I tend to believe Shrapnel on this.
Cutting off horns without tagging them during season is bound to get you in trouble

As usual another resident libtard (lostsoul60) is a moron and wrong

In regards to bighorn sheep it says "It is unlawful to posses bighorn sheep head/horns picked up in the wild" this has been a law for a long time , a legally taken sheep has an identifying plug placed in the horns... I have heard of rare exceptions where a person finds a ram dead by natural causes and a game warden accompanies them to the site and allows an individual to take the horns... my guess is you better have connections to make that happen.

As for elk deer etc... the law is a little more vague... but I tend to believe Shrapnel on this.
Cutting off horns without tagging them during season is bound to get you in trouble

Wrong again California transplant.

With the passage of Senate Bill 344, it is now legal for people to pick up and possess skulls and horns of bighorn sheep as long as they died of natural causes. Those who recover horns or skulls must report the find to Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks within 48 hours and present it to FWP for inspection and plugging within 10 days

Correct, even though I don't agree with the law, necessarily.

Maybe irfubar can prove he isn't a liberal by admitting he's wrong...probably won't happen.

I guess he did sort of admit he was wrong...which makes me wrong about my prior statement.

That makes me ultra conservative, I reckon.

Last edited by BuzzH; 09/27/22.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BuzzH

With the passage of Senate Bill 344, it is now legal for people to pick up and possess skulls and horns of bighorn sheep as long as they died of natural causes. Those who recover horns or skulls must report the find to Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks within 48 hours and present it to FWP for inspection and plugging within 10 days

Maybe irfubar can prove he isn't a liberal by admitting he's wrong...probably won't happen.

Care to address callnum's assertion you can take the head of an unclaimed hunter kill without tagging it?

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I guess he did sort of admit he was wrong...which makes me wrong about my prior statement.

I was wrong Buzz....
I didn't realize they changed the law in 2019...
I must say I don't agree with change, seems to me it opens up an opportunity for someone to poach a ram and keep the trophy.
My position was based on years of law.... so I forgive myself.... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Care to address callnum's assertion you can take the head of an unclaimed hunter kill without tagging it?

Not really, simply don't give a chit enough to bother reading the regs to find out. The bull in question is a dink. A good eating sized bull with maybe a buck fifty in antler to an antler buyer. I've got few dozen raghorn racks just like it and I'm out of rafter space.

The sheep law bothers me though, as I know what some people will do for a K or 2.

Tagging it would also be illegal.

Last edited by BuzzH; 09/27/22.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I was wrong Buzz....
I didn't realize they changed the law in 2019...
I must say I don't agree with change, seems to me it opens up an opportunity for someone to poach a ram and keep the trophy.
My position was based on years of law.... so I forgive myself.... smile

Totally agree with you, the new law is BS and opens the door for scumbags to do what they do.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have lost two elk to Grizzly's. Bastards. Both in Wyoming.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
"What's the rule on salvaging horn from a rotten elk?"

That elk ? Ask the bear first....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Possession of Wildlife Parts (MCA 87-6-202)
A person may not possess, ship, or transport all or part of any game fish, bird, game animal, or fur-bearing animal that was unlawfully killed, captured, or taken, whether killed, captured, or taken in Montana or outside of Montana. “Possess” includes the act of killing, capturing, or taking a game fish, bird, game animal, or fur-bearing animal regardless of whether the person takes or retains physical possession of the fish, bird, or animal This section does not prohibit the possession, shipping, or transportation of: (a) hides, heads, or mounts of lawfully
killed, captured, or taken game fish, birds, game animals, or fur-bearing animals, except that the sale or purchase of a hide, head, or mount of a grizzly bear is prohibited, except as provided by federal law;
(b) naturally shed antlers or the antlers with a skull or portion of a skull attached from a game animal that has died from natural causes and that has not been unlawfully killed, captured, or taken or accidentally killed;

Is it lawfully killed if un-tagged?

Wouldn't think so.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Should have read farther down.

Carpe' Scrotum
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Steve

Should have read farther down.

You need reading lessons lol

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The bull in the op’s post wasn’t accidentally killed or illegally killed. It is legal to take the horns

I can keep busting you guys up all night long

Wounding loss is not an accident
Is wounding loss considered natural causes?

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
The bull in the op’s post wasn’t accidentally killed or illegally killed. It is legal to take the horns

It looks like he’s saying a lost/legally hunted elk IS legally killed, so the horns/skull can be taken?

I don’t know. I have very little elk hunting experience and haven’t yet committed the minutia of the MFWP Hunting Regulations to memory as of yet.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

It looks like he’s saying a lost/legally hunted elk IS legally killed, so the horns/skull can be taken?

I don’t know. I have very little elk hunting experience and haven’t yet committed the minutia of the MFWP Hunting Regulations to memory as of yet.

He has talked himself into a corner...in addition to being wrong lol

Ymmv

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Maybe you confused personal issues with ..uh sheep?

https://legiscan.com/MT/bill/SB344/2021

"Summary
Allow for adult inmates at Pine Hills Youth Correctional Facility"

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

No, it isn’t. We did call FWP about taking the horns and they said no. They told us to call Tip-Mont and report it to them. We did that and never heard back.

FWP said NO on the horns, so we left them for the bear. If they don’t know what they’re talking about, who does?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBTCO

"Summary

A little confusing....
This is the one I found... https://legiscan.com/MT/bill/SB344/2019

along with the 344 bill you found

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel

No, it isn’t. We did call FWP about taking the horns and they said no. They told us to call Tip-Mont and report it to them. We did that and never heard back.

FWP said NO on the horns, so we left them for the bear. If they don’t know what they’re talking about, who does?

Straight from the horses mouth... so to speak

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SBTCO

"Summary

A little confusing....
This is the one I found... https://legiscan.com/MT/bill/SB344/2019

along with the 344 bill you found

Still think Lost rail was pining for the 2021 bill...just in case.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Straight from the horses mouth... so to speak

You believe that crap?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Per the wardens I have talked to no.

MAGA
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

448 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,668 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,472,005
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.