Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ShortMag11
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
Do you think it would have sold at that price in a short action?

I think it would have sold already if GB didn't start charging tax and "fees" on their auctions. By the time you add shipping, tax, GB fees and 3-4% CC fees you're now looking at a $2,800+ rifle. Not to mention the market has cooled a little in the last few months.

Not many deals to be had on GB especially with the tax fees and super inflated shipping most want to charge.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
I don't see the big deal on these, you can get a Tikka T3 Light that will shoot just as well if not better and is 6 1/4 lbs. Then if that is still not light enough get an aftermarket stock and it will weigh even less. Or put a custom barrel on a Remington Model 7 and save a butt load of money for other stuff
^^^^^^^^^^
This

Wrong, you've never had a Fieldcraft! I have a couple NULA rifles, Kimbers and semi custon 700's and like the FC the best! Mine will not be for sale, going in the box with me when I head for the Happy Hunting Grounds!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think folks paying high prices for firearms has been paused temporarily. Even very desirable firearms.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't see the big deal on these, you can get a Tikka T3 Light that will shoot just as well if not better and is 6 1/4 lbs. Then if that is still not light enough get an aftermarket stock and it will weigh even less. Or put a custom barrel on a Remington Model 7 and save a butt load of money for other stuff
^^^^^^^^^^
This

Model 7 $750.00
AG Stock $600.00
Custom Barrel $650.00
Pro Bedding $150.00
Trigger Job $125.00
Freight $150.00 To and from Gunsmiths and suppliers

Total $2425.00 Total Resale after it isn't exactly what you want $1350.00, maybe. Been there done that too many times. BTW this all takes 6 or 8 months if you are lucky. It might be easier to lay off the taters and gravy!

Last edited by Switch; 09/30/22.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Switch
^^^^^^^^^^
This

Wrong, you've never had a Fieldcraft! I have a couple NULA rifles, Kimbers and semi custon 700's and like the FC the best! Mine will not be for sale, going in the box with me when I head for the Happy Hunting Grounds!

Switch is correct. If "shoot just as well" and cost are the only considerations, then maybe....but there's a lot more happening with a Fieldcraft, especially the short action Fieldcrafts. Nothing else puts it all together like a short action Fieldcraft. To get a stainless short action with a 3" mag box at the same weight, you've got to go custom, and you're going to end up at a higher cost than even the inflated cost Fieldcrafts.

Stainless, 3" mag box, ~20 oz action weight, quality synthetic stock, quality bedding, quality barrel with a fast twist and chambered well.....custom is the only way to get there and it's hard to do at less cost than a Fieldcraft.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
^^^^^^^^^^
This

Model 7 $750.00
AG Stock $600.00
Custom Barrel $650.00
Pro Bedding $150.00
Trigger Job $125.00
Freight $150.00 To and from Gunsmiths and suppliers

Total $2425.00 Total Resale after it isn't exactly what you want $1350.00, maybe. Been there done that too many times. BTW this all takes 6 or 8 months if you are lucky. It might be easier to lay off the taters and gravy!

Yep. I've got several custom M7's. You'll never get a 3" mag box with a M7.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Tastes differ, I am not impressed with Fieldcrafts the stocks feel like a club to me.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
^^^^^^^^^^
This

Switch is correct. If "shoot just as well" and cost are the only considerations, then maybe....but there's a lot more happening with a Fieldcraft, especially the short action Fieldcrafts. Nothing else puts it all together like a short action Fieldcraft. To get a stainless short action with a 3" mag box at the same weight, you've got to go custom, and you're going to end up at a higher cost than even the inflated cost Fieldcrafts.

Stainless, 3" mag box, ~20 oz action weight, quality synthetic stock, quality bedding, quality barrel with a fast twist and chambered well.....custom is the only way to get there and it's hard to do at less cost than a Fieldcraft.
+1
I have owned ULA, NULA, Kimber, Dakota, Winchester, Remington and customs. I'm still impressed with the SA Fieldcrafts.
Just sayin'.
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What’s wrong with a LA besides more weight and less efficient?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MrWilson
Originally Posted by ShortMag11
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
Do you think it would have sold at that price in a short action?

I think it would have sold already if GB didn't start charging tax and "fees" on their auctions. By the time you add shipping, tax, GB fees and 3-4% CC fees you're now looking at a $2,800+ rifle. Not to mention the market has cooled a little in the last few months.

Not many deals to be had on GB especially with the tax fees and super inflated shipping most want to charge.

Exactly

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I don't know because I never owned one!
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by hrnhuntr
Tastes differ, I am not impressed with Fieldcrafts the stocks feel like a club to me.

I feel the same. Have owned ula, kimber, McMillan custom 700s but just couldn’t love the fieldcrafts. HOWEVER, I had a 22-250 and a 6.5x55 and both shot lights out!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by longshot3631

I feel the same. Have owned ula, kimber, McMillan custom 700s but just couldn’t love the fieldcrafts. HOWEVER, I had a 22-250 and a 6.5x55 and both shot lights out!
I didn't know there were too many 22-250s out there. I'd like one.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

I have a 22-250 fieldcraft...what ammo did you use in yours?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The fact that there's a very limited supply is whats driving the FC prices more than anything. The one I had was a nice rifle but it wasn't any better to me than a Seekins or a Bergara Premier, or even a T3x dropped into an aftermarket stock. Even after owning one I don't get the infatuation with them that other people seem to have with them

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by donsm70
I don't know because I never owned one!
donsm70

Nothing really wrong with them. They have a limited mag box OAL. Still, the ones I've owned have shot very well.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by lubbockdave

I have a 22-250 fieldcraft...what ammo did you use in yours?

Dave, you have MY 22-250. I shot 36 gr varmint grenades.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yeah the demand has really fallen off a cliff for FC’s.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/952703455 Bid at $3400+/-

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I really like my long action fieldcraft. 270 win. 60 gr. of H4831 130 NP, under 1/2" all the time. I like my Kimbers also.

MOLON LABE
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yeah the demand has really fallen off a cliff for FC’s.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/952703455 Bid at $3400+/-
Maybe, maybe not.
Price driven way up by two low count (1 or 2 transaction) bidders after seller had it listed on another forum and told everyone it was worth about what it is currently bid at. I’m a bit dubious on that one.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (44mc, 264mag, 338rcm, 2500HD, 35, 17 invisible), 1,539 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,951
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.