Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Morewood
My chicken herder
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I see 'balony shells on that fence!

Dandee the youngest whippet, has a covered dog bed he can crawl into. Usually where he spends the night. He's claimed it, it's his.

Breeze, my older guy, sleeps where he wants. If I fall asleep on the recliner (I do, it's better for my back in the AM), he snuggles up next to me usually around 3-4 AM. If I'm in bed, there's no telling. Sometimes wants under the covers, sometimes wants to sleep on top of them. But, he's got long legs and stretches out, pokes me or the wife with them. No problemo for me, but sometimes the wife can't get back to sleep easily.

I prefer to have them around and on the bed sometimes, rather than not have them.

Balony shells on the fence, classic NorKalfornio.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Dogs under the covers:

I was about twenty. Dog was a female Sheltie x Heeler about fifteen pounds. She strongly resembled a small sable collie.

I was sleeping in an unheated small plywood pickup bed camper. Outside temps were subzero. But there was an extension cord and electric blanket on the bed, along with several heavy quilts.

The little dog crawled under the blankets, and curled up by my feet one extra cold night. When I woke up and tried to kick her out of bed, she was unresponsive.

I tossed back the quilts and found the dog limp as a dishrag. I began chest compressions, and she revived after a couple minutes. The weight of the heavy quilts on her chest had smothered her in her sleep.

From then on, she slept on top of the blankets.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
My chicken herder

Dandee the youngest whippet, has a covered dog bed he can crawl into. Usually where he spends the night. He's claimed it, it's his.

Breeze, my older guy, sleeps where he wants. If I fall asleep on the recliner (I do, it's better for my back in the AM), he snuggles up next to me usually around 3-4 AM. If I'm in bed, there's no telling. Sometimes wants under the covers, sometimes wants to sleep on top of them. But, he's got long legs and stretches out, pokes me or the wife with them. No problemo for me, but sometimes the wife can't get back to sleep easily.

I prefer to have them around and on the bed sometimes, rather than not have them.

Saw lot of of them used as ashtrays on the inexpensive redwood picnic tables(remember those days? ) in backyards even in SoCal.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
My chicken herder

Saw lot of of them used as ashtrays on the inexpensive redwood picnic tables(remember those days? ) in backyards even in SoCal.

I have two of them in the backyard that were ashtrays many decades ago.

"Maybe we're all happy."

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Ya gotta love em , LOL
Mocha , my pit , rotten to the core .
When I go to bed she stands at the side waiting for me to tent the blankets so she can hop up under the blankets.
Then she gets hot and wakes me up panting and rooting
Out from under the blankets sometimes coaxing some expletives from me when she leaves my legs bare and cold plopping her ass on the blankets resulting in a wrestling match to regain cover .
Back to snoozing , wake up with breathing in your ear and there she is , eyeball to eyeball wanting back under the blankets .
Of course she gets her way and goes to the foot and curls up laying her head on my feet .
She’s s mess , chocolate colored with eyes that look like they have mascara around them , some dam funny facial expressions at times .
Especially when I been gone all day and she’s hanging off the edge of the bed doing her rowlf rowlf greeting.
And the beagle is sounding off to the top of her lungs wanting attention along with Annie bouncing around like an orangutan.
Puts a smile on our faces every time.
Kenneth

Dam it , alarm just went off , been awake since 1:30 , now 4:30
Get some coffee going , another long day of painting .
Trying to get these apts done before Saturday.
Saturday opens bow season .
Seems we’re in for some interesting hunting weather.

Seems someone needs to learn some boundaries.

I got boundaries, I don’t worry about what other people do in their homes , and they need not worry about what I do in mine .
My dogs are eager to please and don’t like it when I’m pissed at them .
If I go somewhere and they get out , sharp clap of the hands and stern , “let’s go girls”
And they file right back in the vehicle .
Have been complimented several times about how well they listen .
Vet is always pleased with their manners .

Dam JPro , the mother to Mocha was a brindle looked a whole lot like your Eli .
Unfortunately had to put her down several months back .
Got to we’re she was in a lot of pain at times , broke my heart to do it , but couldn’t be that selfish .
Told wife to stay in house .
When the gun popped heard a , oh my god .
Called her dumbass and told her to get the fugk in the house , why the hell you think I told you to in the first place .
That B.S. of taking them to the vet is B.S.
If they still got a strong will to live they ain’t going down easy .
Went through that one time with a Rottie, three shots before he didn’t get back up and look at me .
Never again .
Kenneth

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Last night.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” – Mark Twain

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Check out last nights, photo op !!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 37L1, 35, 23 invisible), 1,778 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,623
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.