-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of my employees evacuated from the north end of Pine Island but only to the mainland (Cape Coral). He says they have power in the hotel but comms are sketchy. He had to call me several times to get a call to go through. Even though his house is pretty new and elevated he's wondering how it stood up as word was the surge submerged the entire island.

My parents in Sun City Center, 100 miles to the north, saw a peak gust of 45 mph on their weather station. They have no TV or internet but have power and no flooding (albeit they're 80' above MSL)

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I know a bunch of people in Tampa and they’re fine.

I know a bunch of people in Orlando and they’re fine.

I know a bunch of people in Broward and Miami-Dade counties and they’re all fine.

I know people in North Port. They’re all fine.

I know a bunch of people in the Keys, they’re all fine.

I know one guy in Ft. Meyer. His place is fugked.

Get the idea?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’m one of the lucky ones that had power thru the storm. Last night 96.5% of the Lee County residences where without power. I still have power this morning but no water early and just a trickle of water pressure now. No damage to my place other than one stuck security shutter.
I live in an area that was built with new codes and on the east side of 75. Areas that are going to have the most damage are in the A, B and C evac zones which are near waterways and areas on or near the shore.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pugs
One of my employees evacuated from the north end of Pine Island but only to the mainland (Cape Coral). He says they have power in the hotel but comms are sketchy. He had to call me several times to get a call to go through. Even though his house is pretty new and elevated he's wondering how it stood up as word was the surge submerged the entire island.

My parents in Sun City Center, 100 miles to the north, saw a peak gust of 45 mph on their weather station. They have no TV or internet but have power and no flooding (albeit they're 80' above MSL)

Pugs. Sorry to hear that report about Pine Island. Hope your friend's house hung in there. Pine Island is a beautiful spot.

Reports are out this morning of hundreds of people dead in Lee County. My brother, who was with Florida Power for 30 years, tells me that most people get killed after the storm, not during. Fox Business this morning had reports of people being out in the water getting zapped from downed power lines. Brother also said busted tree limbs still up in the trees are called widow-makers. Also said deaths are about 10-1, after storm vs. during storm.

Last edited by local_dirt; 09/29/22.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by JeffA
Maybe you didn't use enough pins and needles?

At the risk of boring the crap out of people on this otherwise interesting thread, I’m just gonna briefly point out that “voodoo” is a West African word, from the language of the Ewe (“Eweh”) people, of present-day Ghana and Togo.

the tourists and migrants from there to French Haiti fine tuned the concept

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
At the risk of boring the crap out of people on this otherwise interesting thread,

Your specialty…

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a good friend in Lake Placid. He hasn’t responded since 4:30 yesterday evening. I am worried about home and his family. Anyone here heard about the condition in that area? A lot of lakes, I’m assuming a lot of flooding.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For those not hearing from friends and loved ones in Florida.

Keep in mind, there are millions without power that are perfectly OK.

If I couldn't charge my cell phone I wouldn't waste my battery with non-emergency calls.

The power companies are telling people that this will require rebuilding their line and pole systems, they are not repairable.

Power outages will be for days and into possibly weeks.

Be patient, hope for the best, bad news has a tendency to travel faster than good news.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jahrs
I have a good friend in Lake Placid. He hasn’t responded since 4:30 yesterday evening. I am worried about home and his family. Anyone here heard about the condition in that area? A lot of lakes, I’m assuming a lot of flooding.

He'll be fine.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Horrible situation! I feel very badly, especially for all of the retirees that are not mobile!

I wonder when the FBI are going to arrest President Trump for creating Ian?

Prayers sent!

KB

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Probably passed out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Orlando is a mess. Comms may be down in that area for quite some time.

They should get down on their knees and thank God they're not in Fort Myers Beach.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
I know a bunch of people in Tampa and they’re fine.

I know a bunch of people in Orlando and they’re fine.

I know a bunch of people in Broward and Miami-Dade counties and they’re all fine.

I know people in North Port. They’re all fine.

I know a bunch of people in the Keys, they’re all fine.

I know one guy in Ft. Meyer. His place is fugked.

Get the idea?

Did you talk to any of the dead people? Are they fine?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Based on satellite imagery and trajectory, I was pretty sure fairly early in the day Wednesday that the northernmost part of the hurricane system was going to skirt by south of my area, leaving us with few if any effects of it. Seemed an easy prediction based on available imagery at that time.

Whenever, while passing the area, I saw people down the street rushing to fill sandbags and haul them off to their homes, I'd let them in on the above, but while many agreed, they continued to fill bags.

We had a rather normal amount of rain, plus some colder and windier than normal weather. That's it. Deo Gratias.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by JeffA
For those not hearing from friends and loved ones in Florida.

Keep in mind, there are millions without power that are perfectly OK.

If I couldn't charge my cell phone I wouldn't waste my battery with non-emergency calls.

The power companies are telling people that this will require rebuilding their line and pole systems, they are not repairable.

Power outages will be for days and into possibly weeks.

Be patient, hope for the best, bad news has a tendency to travel faster than good news.

When Katrina came through here we found lots of the cell towers were knocked down but we still had a land line so we could get out. Whenever my wife starts talking about getting rid of the land line, I remind her about Katrina.

Something a lot of folks don’t think about is that the gas stations may have gas in the ground but if there’s no power the pumps won’t work.

Last edited by navlav8r; 09/29/22.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt

He'll be fine.

Thanks probably just cell towers down.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lee County Sheriff is expecting the death toll to be in the hundreds.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by navlav8r
When Katrina came through here we found lots of the cell towers were knocked down but we still had a land line so we could get out. Whenever my wife starts talking about getting rid of the land line, I remind her about Katrina.

Something a lot of folks don’t think about is that the gas stations may have gas in the ground but if there’s no power the pumps won’t work.
Which is why the lines start forming at gas stations in Florida four or five days in advance of a hurricane. People want to keep their cars and pickups topped off in advance.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

He'll be fine.

Thanks probably just cell towers down.

Jahrs, Lake Placid is just a bit north of me. Not west, which is good for your friend.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Daughter on the east coast (Palm Bay) reported a lot of rain but otherwise OK. They had put on their hurricane panels just in case. Granddaughter has gotten some time off school and is happy about that. GD

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,551 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,095
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.