Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Yes checkout the "fiddle phuuck with your kimber" thread, and be prepared to fiddle phuuck with it.

Personally I'd shoot it. If it shoots like the average kimber, rebarrel it and save on fiddle phuucking time. If it shoots within your parameters, just keep shooting.

Hmm. I’m up to 9 Kimbers now. Only 1 was difficult.

I’m betting you’ve owned nowhere near that many and are just spouting off.

To the OP:

Shoot 200gr Accubonds in mine, but Federal TLR shot good too before it was discontinued. It’s under a different name now.

Just be sure you’re hanging on for that first round. I was shooting 7mm magnums the other day then switched to a Montana 300. Got a good cut on the bridge of my nose on that first shot.

Of course I haven't. If I spend over a grand on a rifle and it shoots 3" groups, I'm smart enough to never waste my money again.

Search engine "kimber montana issues". All that needs to be done. "Kimber tinkering" - translation - the end user gets to be quality control.

I think operator error was likely the problem.

Rifles that light are hard to shoot. Definitely not for everyone.

I got rid of a kimber hunter in 30-06 last spring that I couldn't get to shoot better than 2" groups at 100 yards. It was my first lightweight rifle with some recoil, and looking back it was probably all me. Have a Montana 84L in 30-06 now that shoots like a dream, technique is important in the lightweights.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal
Regardless of how it shoots and I bet it shoots well - I'd rebarrel to 7 wsm as it's a better mousetrap in that wrapper.

Inside 800 yards it won't make a difference. And at least 300 WSM brass is obtainable. Sort of.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Brad
Regardless of how it shoots and I bet it shoots well - I'd rebarrel to 7 wsm as it's a better mousetrap in that wrapper.

Inside 800 yards it won't make a difference. And at least 300 WSM brass is obtainable. Sort of.

I'm sitting on a PILE, 4 figures worth, of 7mm bullets and exactly zero 30 cal bullets. Big motivator for me and there's nothing I've ever done in the past with a 30 that I couldn't have done with a 7 too. Why I'd do what I said I'd do.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Pointy Boot Fence Hopping Crowd,don't shoot anything other than their mouths and Imaginations. Then they like to prove it,by espousing outright Delusional Retardation. Hint.

The 7 Whizzum simply throttles the 30cal version of same,in said platform and do thusly at sealevel. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Pardon reality yet again colliding with fhuqking FANTASY. Hint.

P.S. and by the way,I hear that 30cal. false shoulders are THE way to roll in 7 Whizzum.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I'm sitting on a PILE, 4 figures worth, of 7mm bullets and exactly zero 30 cal bullets. Big motivator for me and there's nothing I've ever done in the past with a 30 that I couldn't have done with a 7 too. Why I'd do what I said I'd do.

This thread isn't about you, what you want, or what bullets you have. It's about the OP's new rifle. A 300 WSM. In the middle of shortages everywhere you and the resident narcissist recommend re-barreling a perfectly good rifle chambered in a round that has brass, bullets and ammo available to a round that has a severe shortage of brass and factory ammo.

Brilliant...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is fascinatingly HILARIOUS,how simplistic mechanical Facts,fuel soooo many Hurt Feeler Reports by the Professional "Victims". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

A Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktard who has never even SEEN let alone shot said projectile,is trying to pawn her Hormones upon others. The 7 Whizzum will simply recoil less and GREATLY outperform it's 30cal cousin. This is a BIG day for her,because now she can honestly say she's "seen" one...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Pardon a 24" Montucky 7 Whizzum squirting same,crushing even a 30" 300 Whizzum squirting 212's. Hint.

Bless her Delusional Day Dreaming heart. Hint.

Though Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

This thread isn't about you, what you want, or what bullets you have. It's about the OP's new rifle. A 300 WSM. In the middle of shortages everywhere you and the resident narcissist recommend re-barreling a perfectly good rifle chambered in a round that has brass, bullets and ammo available to a round that has a severe shortage of brass and factory ammo.

Brilliant...

Quit being a [bleep] - his question was long answered before I did. As a normal conversation - things drift.

Ammo

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Quit being a [bleep] - his question was long answered before I did. As a normal conversation - things drift.

Fair enough - but I'd have used the word DICK grin

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
You can't drink all day, if you don't start in the morning.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
You can't drink all day, if you don't start in the morning.

Some of these fellers couldn't handle Hopslam all day.....

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1minute, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 1OntarioJim, 53 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,534
Posts18,472,748
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.