Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Made with real burro's

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It is extremely possible to cook food at home.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by deflave
This is not open for debate.

Yes there is great Mexican food all over the US. But there ain't none around here . Good Tex-Mex is not Mexican food. The occasional Mom and Pop joint crops up here and there those are generally the best hands down....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
In the early 90s I went to Oahu for the company I worked for on a construction project. There was one Mexican restaurant listed on the island, downtown Honolulu. Decided to try it, the menu had mexican sounding dishes... what came out was unrecognizable as anything mex and tasted even worse.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Backroads
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Lemme Guess Sacratomato Native? 😁

Jimboy's is still making decent fast-Mex.

I'm not a CA native, but I was born west of LA. We have Jimboy's in Reno, but the drive's too far for about anything Reno now has to offer. It's Sacremento's ass wart.

Super Burrito on Kirman close down?

I think they're all closed now. That one put me in the emergency room a few years ago. sick sick sick

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Backroads
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Lemme Guess Sacratomato Native? 😁

Jimboy's is still making decent fast-Mex.

I'm not a CA native, but I was born west of LA. We have Jimboy's in Reno, but the drive's too far for about anything Reno now has to offer. It's Sacremento's ass wart.

Super Burrito on Kirman close down?

I think they're all closed now. That one put me in the emergency room a few years ago. sick sick sick

I spent some time living about 4 blocks from the Super Burrito on Kirman, it was in the mall parking lot by the theater. Family run place, homestyle food.

Lol, crappy neighborhood! But the food was good.

Rent was cheap, Mt. Rose was a 30 minute drive, Pyramid lake about an hour and 15.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Flave thinks BK burgers are fine cuisine. 🤪

A drunk Yankee telling folks where to get good Tacos and Mexican food is fuggin hilarious.

I'd love to see the slop you shovel into that fat fugkin' face.

LOL

LOL. Running out of beer makes you angry.

Hopefully someone will take pity on you and drive your whiny ass to the Liquor Store tomorrow.

#TooManyDUI’sToDrive 😂😂😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp
In the early 90s I went to Oahu for the company I worked for on a construction project. There was one Mexican restaurant listed on the island, downtown Honolulu. Decided to try it, the menu had mexican sounding dishes... what came out was unrecognizable as anything mex and tasted even worse.

Kent

Sounds like a place I went to in Jamestown NY. Late 90's. I lived down the road a bit in PA, asked a couple of folks where to get some Mexican food, as there was no place nearby. Jamestown was the "Big Town" in the area with the Sears store and such, so I found the place they recommended next time I was up there.

Probably should have known better than to take any Pennsylvanian advice about Mexican food given that in the 70's when I lived down in So PA one of the folks I fixed homemade shredded beef burritos for told me he preferred the beef and bean ones from the cooler in the 7-11. Then again, I think he was born in Binghamton NY.

Ordered a beef burrito at the place in Jamestown.

Waitress asked "Do you want onions on that?" Uh, yeah.

"You want peppers on that? " Uh, yeah.

"You want chips and "salsa"? I think I was nice and didn't say "well duh" and just said yeah.

Order comes, burrito swimming in red stuff that turns out tasting like spaghetti sauce, it even had ground beef in it, not spicy or even much chili flavor at all. The peppers in it were bell peppers, at least the onion tasted like onion.

Check came. $0.50 extra for the onion. $0.50 extra for the peppers. $3.50 (I think) for the chips and salsa

WTF I think. I figured she was being polite in asking about those things as I learned a long time ago about some Pennsylvanians, the ones that don't have family from warm places like Italy or Spain, think garlic in spaghetti sauce makes it "too spicy".

I gave her a bit of an earful when I told her those things, including the chips and salsa, are normal and free where I come from. Paid the check and never returned.

Good thing was, traveling through Bradford PA, having already eaten though, my wife and I noticed a sandwich board type sign on the sidewalk downtown. Mexican Food. One day we returned, myself somewhat reluctantly but with high hopes after the Jamestown experience, sat down, were greeted by a nice gringo lady, ordered our food. We were pleasantly surprised and told the gal so. And asked where she learned to make such good Mexican food.

She told us she grew up there but lived for a number of years in Buckeye AZ, where her Mexican husband managed a restaurant there. When she got homesick and wanted to move back to Bradford he agreed and opened a restaurant of their own when they got there.

The folks where I lived thought we were crazy to drive the hour or so, sometimes in winter with snow, just for Mexican food. When I told them I have probably eaten more tacos, enchiladas, burritos etc than hamburgers and hot dogs, they still didn't seem to understand.

It was hard enough in the 70's in PA for me to go to various stores just to get the ingredients to make the aforementioned burritos for my friends. I can make stuff I need to when I get to jonesin for Mexican food, but I cannot fathom living somewhere without a decent Mexican restaurant within a relatively short drive.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We've been to Mexico many times and usually to to Ixtapa Zihuatanejo. First time down there we went to Mazatlan. We were walking the streets and looking for a place to have lunch. Stopped in at a food joint along the street and sat down. The owner came out to serve us and I asked if his tacos were made with ground beef. He went ballistic on me. He said. "You want tacos with ground beef, go to the USA and eat at Taco Bell". Still laugh my jazz off about that to this day.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska
We've been to Mexico many times and usually to to Ixtapa Zihuatanejo. First time down there we went to Mazatlan. We were walking the streets and looking for a place to have lunch. Stopped in at a food joint along the street and sat down. The owner came out to serve us and I asked if his tacos were made with ground beef. He went ballistic on me. He said. "You want tacos with ground beef, go to the USA and eat at Taco Bell". Still laugh my jazz off about that to this day.

Shoulda just asked him “what do you call a cow with no legs?”

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
In hindsight, the 30 minutes I was waiting for the burrito was much shorter than the wait time when we were in Mexico waiting for our food to be prepared...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Couple of years back I went out to eat with my brother in NY State, Orange County, upscale acreage homesites.

We went to a local Mexican place, the food was just OK, the chips and salsa sucked. The force afterwards was pretty good tho.

It was my turn to pick up the tab.... WTF, $60 before the tip. Woulda cost less than half that around here.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska

Shoulda just asked him “what do you call a cow with no legs?”

What do you call a Cow with 3 legs?

Lean Beef.

What do you call a cow with No Legs?

Ground Beef.

What do you call a Cow with 2 legs?

Your mom

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 160user, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,111 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,843
Posts18,517,235
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.