Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
drover Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
This is an interesting read that I was unaware of -

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/firearm-background-checks-now-report-home-addresses-gun-owners

Firearm Background-Checks Now Report Home Addresses Of Gun Owners
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
SATURDAY, OCT 01, 2022 - 08:30 PM
Submitted by Gun Owners of America,

Gun Owners of America has obtained an email from the FBI regarding changes to the NICS background check system to implement gun control.

On Monday, September 26, 2022, federal firearms licensees (FFL) will experience… new features of the FBI's NICS transaction process. One… change is tied to the passage of the NICS Denial Notification Act of 2022.

Collection of Buyer's Address— The NICS Denial Notification Act of 2022 requires the FBI's NICS Section to notify state, local, or tribal law enforcement of all FBI NICS denied transactions within 24 hours. The FBI must provide notification to law enforcement based upon the location of the FFL and if different, the purchaser's address. To support the determination of what local agency should receive the notification, FFLs will be required to provide the buyer's complete address to NICS as recorded on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Form 4473 when transactions are denied or delayed. The address information will be required before the status can be provided or retrieved either by the NICS contracted call center or via the NICS E-Check.

That matches up closely with the NICS Denial notification act, which read:

"If the national instant criminal background check system…provides notice… that" a transferee is prohibited person then the DOJ shall "report to the local law enforcement [and] the State or Tribe of residence of the person—… within 24 hours"

This change would require that an investigation be launched into every background check denial, even though nine times out of 10, the NICS system has falsely denied law-abiding citizens from exercising their rights.

This is a significant change to the system, as, before the passage of the NICS denial notification act, dealers were only required to provide the state of residence of a customer. Now they will have to provide the transferee's full address after the NICS system processes the background check in the event of a delay or denial.

Delays in background checks are extremely common. Sometimes it's as simple as having a common name or having a security clearance with the federal government.

Check out GOA's Coverage of this new gun control in the video above.

GOA fought against the NICS Denial Notification Act in March, but since 2019, we've been fighting against all gun control in the Violence Against Women Act, also known as VAWA.

The NICS Denial Notification Act was among the gun control to pass this last congress. That's because certain Republicans backstabbed gun owners, and for all the horrible gun control removed from the bill, some gun control remained:

Sections 1101-1102: the NICS Denial Notification Act to launch criminal investigations into firearm background check denials—even though 9 out of 10 times the system falsely denies a law-abiding citizen.
Section 1103: funding for ATF to deputize local police to enforce federal gun laws, especially to undermine Second Amendment Protection Act (SAPA) states.
Eighteen Republican senators voted with anti-gun Democrats in favor of the final passage of gun control.

These Senators believe they were given political "cover" as other ostensibly "pro-gun" groups backed the compromise by refusing to oppose the language publicly.

We intend to fight gun control in that as well, but we need your help.

Congress may be immoral, but they're also lazy.

You need to tell them they won't get an easy vote or break if they stuff gun control in a government funding bill.

Our team in Washington, DC, couldn't do the work we do or have the success without your grassroots activism.

We'll hold the line for you in Washington.

We are No Compromise. Join the Fight Now.

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Let me know when the BATF goes after gangbangers in Chicago and other urban Hellholes, you know, fellows who'd likely shoot back.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Wonder if this will go away after a few minorities get denied and reported and it gets called racism.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Let me know when the BATF goes after gangbangers in Chicago and other urban Hellholes, you know, fellows who'd likely shoot back.

Didn’t know that gangbangers in Chitcago went to gun stores and had NICS checks done on purchase.

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If I read it correctly NICS has to report to the local law enforcement agency and they have to do an investigation of denied or delayed applications. Sounds like it creates more work for local law enforcement so more reason to request more money and more officers. Depending on local law enforcement they can use it as an enforcement tool or use it as a reason to invoke red flag laws. Lots of room for abuse by law enforcement.

IC B2

A
Axl Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I worked in a large gun store for five years. An average of 1 out of 15 would get delayed. Usually cleared up in a day or so. There were constant system backups and failures. I have had 10 in a row delayed. When the system gets overloaded they delay everyone until it can get caught up. Denials were not as common. Delays were a normal daily part of business.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Axl
I worked in a large gun store for five years. An average of 1 out of 15 would get delayed. Usually cleared up in a day or so. There were constant system backups and failures. I have had 10 in a row delayed. When the system gets overloaded they delay everyone until it can get caught up. Denials were not as common. Delays were a normal daily part of business.

Peak buying periods-dsy before hunting season opens crazy, Black Friday, etc, create an overload and delays are inevitable. NCIS had now 'criminalized' their inability to keep up.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
A
Axl Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by Axl

Peak buying periods-dsy before hunting season opens crazy, Black Friday, etc, create an overload and delays are inevitable. NCIS had now 'criminalized' their inability to keep up.

Absolutely correct. When Larry's (Huntsville AL) had a Ruger sale there would be lines around the building. I used to tell customers to buy the gun, get a receipt, then come back next week to do the paperwork and background check because they were going to be delayed anyway.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Axl
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by Axl

Absolutely correct. When Larry's (Huntsville AL) had a Ruger sale there would be lines around the building. I used to tell customers to buy the gun, get a receipt, then come back next week to do the paperwork and background check because they were going to be delayed anyway.

Most places will not sell without the check. Layaway yes. But a sale even on paper correlates with possession in the ATF accounting of things, apparently

A
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A
I,I,I say thar Boys as Senator Derby Donkey I’d say we’sa doing the Peoples Business.

If ya don’t want to be Denied don’t Buy ..

If you don’t want to be Reported to Your Local Sheriff Office ..

Simple Don’t Buy ..

Cum’on Boyz I’m I given you to much Credit..

Ya ..

You ain’t seen nothing Yet ..

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This applies only to denied transactions. Out of the thousands upon thousands of NICS checks I’ve done I can’t recall a single denial that was not accurate. Very few denials overall but the few there were those people knew damn well that they were prohibited.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by drover
This is an interesting read that I was unaware of -

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/firearm-background-checks-now-report-home-addresses-gun-owners

Firearm Background-Checks Now Report Home Addresses Of Gun Owners
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
SATURDAY, OCT 01, 2022 - 08:30 PM
Submitted by Gun Owners of America,

Gun Owners of America has obtained an email from the FBI regarding changes to the NICS background check system to implement gun control.

On Monday, September 26, 2022, federal firearms licensees (FFL) will experience… new features of the FBI's NICS transaction process. One… change is tied to the passage of the NICS Denial Notification Act of 2022.

Collection of Buyer's Address— The NICS Denial Notification Act of 2022 requires the FBI's NICS Section to notify state, local, or tribal law enforcement of all FBI NICS denied transactions within 24 hours. The FBI must provide notification to law enforcement based upon the location of the FFL and if different, the purchaser's address. To support the determination of what local agency should receive the notification, FFLs will be required to provide the buyer's complete address to NICS as recorded on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Form 4473 when transactions are denied or delayed. The address information will be required before the status can be provided or retrieved either by the NICS contracted call center or via the NICS E-Check.

That matches up closely with the NICS Denial notification act, which read:

"If the national instant criminal background check system…provides notice… that" a transferee is prohibited person then the DOJ shall "report to the local law enforcement [and] the State or Tribe of residence of the person—… within 24 hours"

This change would require that an investigation be launched into every background check denial, even though nine times out of 10, the NICS system has falsely denied law-abiding citizens from exercising their rights.

This is a significant change to the system, as, before the passage of the NICS denial notification act, dealers were only required to provide the state of residence of a customer. Now they will have to provide the transferee's full address after the NICS system processes the background check in the event of a delay or denial.

Delays in background checks are extremely common. Sometimes it's as simple as having a common name or having a security clearance with the federal government.

Check out GOA's Coverage of this new gun control in the video above.

GOA fought against the NICS Denial Notification Act in March, but since 2019, we've been fighting against all gun control in the Violence Against Women Act, also known as VAWA.

The NICS Denial Notification Act was among the gun control to pass this last congress. That's because certain Republicans backstabbed gun owners, and for all the horrible gun control removed from the bill, some gun control remained:

Sections 1101-1102: the NICS Denial Notification Act to launch criminal investigations into firearm background check denials—even though 9 out of 10 times the system falsely denies a law-abiding citizen.
Section 1103: funding for ATF to deputize local police to enforce federal gun laws, especially to undermine Second Amendment Protection Act (SAPA) states.
Eighteen Republican senators voted with anti-gun Democrats in favor of the final passage of gun control.

These Senators believe they were given political "cover" as other ostensibly "pro-gun" groups backed the compromise by refusing to oppose the language publicly.

We intend to fight gun control in that as well, but we need your help.

Congress may be immoral, but they're also lazy.

You need to tell them they won't get an easy vote or break if they stuff gun control in a government funding bill.

Our team in Washington, DC, couldn't do the work we do or have the success without your grassroots activism.

We'll hold the line for you in Washington.

We are No Compromise. Join the Fight Now.

Do not worry, I am here to help. I looked over form 4473. There is 16. asking for unique identification number which when voluntarily provided will avoid confusion in identification. While it is wise to provide only required information if your name is: John Smith, James Baker, Joseph Miller,...... giving them number should avoid delays and mandatory reporting. I hope this helps.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
This applies only to denied transactions. Out of the thousands upon thousands of NICS checks I’ve done I can’t recall a single denial that was not accurate. Very few denials overall but the few there were those people knew damn well that they were prohibited.

Have had some criminals try to buy guns just to see if their crimes were in the system yet.

Had one who even asked if we would check for him without buying a gun.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 10/03/22.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

According to my local shop, it happens on a delay as well.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes, the address of the buyer has to be entered for Delays OR Denials.

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I get delayed for 45 minutes to an hour almost every time, have for years. Now a minor delay will get flagged. I can understand giving the address for a denial. Giving the address for a delay sounds totally fishy to me.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

I probably ran 4-5k over the course of two years back when I worked at a store. I can only remember a handful of denials. I think we were at 8 when I quit from when the store opened. Delays were pretty dang common, I hated it for the folks that waited til this last minute to buy a gun for for son or daughter at christmas.

We were only ever contacted once after a denial, in this case, it was initially delayed like most are, but after the 3 days we released the gun. A week later it came back denied, that wasnt on us, but they contacted us and tried to get us to go along with some scheme to get the guy to come back in the store to get the gun so they could arrest him. He never did.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Not that my name is common but it just so happens a guy about my same age has my same name in the same county I live in and he has stayed in trouble all his life. He's in all the pawn shop databases, I even had a mad mother of a girl call me thinking I was the one dating her daughter, I was married at the time and I really didn't appreciate her nonsense and it about got me in a pickle.

Then I applied for a carry permit in the same county, even with me giving them my social, I still got questions from local sherrif dept trying to make sure I wasnt him.

I got back at that mad mother, put her number on craiglist with a pic of a 80s chevy caprice for sale with 20s on it for 1500 bucks. I'm sure she got a call or two.

Last edited by killerv; 11/04/22.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by JB in SC

According to my local shop, it happens on a delay as well.
I think it was originally written that way and then somebody realized that wasn't going to work and it is denied only now but I could be wrong. Can you imagine getting ATF to give you a visit cuz you got delayed and it was their fault because they were busy or short-handed to answer the damn phone or do their job correctly...

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 45_100
If I read it correctly NICS has to report to the local law enforcement agency and they have to do an investigation of denied or delayed applications. Sounds like it creates more work for local law enforcement so more reason to request more money and more officers. Depending on local law enforcement they can use it as an enforcement tool or use it as a reason to invoke red flag laws. Lots of room for abuse by law enforcement.

What I was told was that the address was not reported unless it was denied. I can see a lot of abuse possible, anytime some agencies can get additional funds, they usually jump on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 3,084 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,382
Posts18,469,572
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.