Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Go to 10 minutes into this video. FEMA will be around as long as we let the storm-energency aid-spend all our money again and again cycle continue.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been asking this question all my adult life. People who live in areas like this knows the risk and voluntarily assume the risk.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Why can't the climate change freaks figure out how to move those Florida hurricanes so they rain on the Commiefornia wildfires?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Call me a prick, but hurricanes are the price of living at the beach. When your house blows down for washes away, build it back yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yankees migrate and learn painful lessons. Us crackers are laffin’ a little.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Call me a prick, but hurricanes are the price of living at the beach. When your house blows down for washes away, build it back yourself.
This.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's define "areas like this", what exactly constitutes such an 'area'?

The images, videos and news clips alway appear the same but they actually aren't, it's not the same homes, neighborhoods or even the same towns.

It's random and scattered along most the entire countries coast, thousands of miles.

And we can't leave out the storm related flooding that occurs along the shores of inland lakes and rivers.

Then there's the tornados that touch down and destroy homes, towns and businesses all throughout the central regions of our country.

The west coast and basically all the densely forested regions of the greater northwest area are subject to catastrophic wildfire that destroys homes, personal property and in recent years entire communities.

When all these destructive events occur, FEMA steps in.

We all utilize the benefits of these areas and what they produce.

Some of it is life blood, from the agriculture along the Mississippi River, the lumber our homes are made of from the forested regions of the Northwest to the seafood we enjoy that's harvested along these Coastal regions.

Some is merely for our entertainment, it's pretty damn nice to head to the beach on vacation and get that waterfront B&B or hotel room and have a host of bars and restaurants to choose from within walking distance.

What do you wanna do?

Ban construction and occupation of land within 10 miles of our coastal regions? Within a mile of any lake or river?

Stop construction of any sort where a forest fire might breakout?

Move every home, farm and business off the Mississippi due to possibly of flood damage?

I've had enough of people that demand soft edges and rubber corners on everything in my life.

Life's a gamble, we all take our risks and everyone benefits in some form or another from the risk takers.

We just gotta suck it up and pay our dues.

And while we're at it, we should be dam proud to be a part of a county that's strong enough and wealthy enough to be able to help put it all back together after events such as these.

🇺🇸 Get a job, pay your taxes, be proud, GO USA 🇺🇸

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Great post JeffA

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JeffA

The images, videos and news clips alway appear the same but they actually aren't, it's not the same homes, neighborhoods or even the same towns.

It's random and scattered along most the entire countries coast, thousands of miles.

And we can't leave out the storm related flooding that occurs along the shores of inland lakes and rivers.

Then there's the tornados that touch down and destroy homes, towns and businesses all throughout the central regions of our country.

The west coast and basically all the densely forested regions of the greater northwest area are subject to catastrophic wildfire that destroys homes, personal property and in recent years entire communities.

Some of it is life blood, from the agriculture along the Mississippi River, the lumber our homes are made of from the forested regions of the Northwest to the seafood we enjoy that's harvested along these Coastal regions.

Some is merely for our entertainment, it's pretty damn nice to head to the beach on vacation and get that waterfront B&B or hotel room and have a host of bars and restaurants to choose from within walking distance.

What do you wanna do?

Ban construction and occupation of land within 10 miles of our coastal regions? Within a mile of any lake or river?

Move every home, farm and business off the Mississippi due to possibly of flood damage?

I've had enough of people that demand soft edges and rubber corners on everything in my life.

Life's a gamble, we all take our risks and everyone benefits in some form or another from the risk takers.

And while we're at it, we should be dam proud to be a part of a county that's strong enough and wealthy enough to be able to help put it all back together after events such as these.

There should be a fund you could donate to. I’d prefer my money was used elsewhere.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
FEMA is at least for our countrymen. Even tough it's likely as fuqked up as most gov't. agencies.

Cutting off bleeders like Ukraine would be a start. Then cut about half or more of the countries we give to. Many that if we quadrupled the amount it wouldn't make a difference.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There should be a fund you could donate to. I’d prefer my money was used elsewhere.

Like around your home state?

FEMA provided assistance for three disaster declarations in Tennessee in the last several months, including severe storms and flooding on Aug. 21, 2021, in middle Tennessee, and a tornado outbreak on Dec. 10-11, 2021, in middle and west Tennessee. FEMA is also providing assistance to reimburse for emergency protective measures and repair damaged infrastructure for a severe winter storm in west Tennessee on Feb. 3-4, 2022.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Anytime a government dollar is spent, there is an opportunity to siphon a bit off. There is no incentive for a corrupt politician to support thrift.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

What do you wanna do?

There is, it's called Insurance.

I'd prefer the .gov keeps it's filthy hands off my money.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Wish there was a fund called we won't give you [bleep] for building in a marginal area

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Like around your home state?

FEMA provided assistance for three disaster declarations in Tennessee in the last several months, including severe storms and flooding on Aug. 21, 2021, in middle Tennessee, and a tornado outbreak on Dec. 10-11, 2021, in middle and west Tennessee. FEMA is also providing assistance to reimburse for emergency protective measures e same dangerand repair damaged infrastructure for a severe winter storm in west Tennessee on Feb. 3-4, 2022.
That’s the thing, ain’t it?

Every place has risks, they’re all different.

When Alaska gets a typhoon, it’s no longer called a typhoon but has the same dangers and damage.

We also get volcanic eruptions, some monster earthquakes, floods, wildfires. Pretty much every fugking thing.

Where we gonna live risk-free?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It can't be helped old folks like to complain about everything.

Watch tomorrow it will be about something else. whistle

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had rather the .gov waste the money on the people in the US than waste it overseas

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When y’all find a place that has no natural disasters that occur let me know.

Life is a risk no matter where your are. Hell lighting could strike out in the middle of a crop field and start a wild fire and burn your house down and then what? Also let’s talk insurance, you can insure yourself to the gills and some insurance companies will find a loophole to not payout.

Last edited by Hudge; 10/04/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yo yo yo

I herd my boy Parnell grots his giff cod frums da Femma fa 2 large
miss lady hope hims feel out th pappwork an sheeits. Goan smoke big 2nite

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Anytime a government dollar is spent, there is an opportunity to siphon a bit off. There is no incentive for a corrupt politician to support thrift.
Precisely. It's all about corruption.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 1234, 10Glocks, 21, 1minute, 55 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,436
Posts18,489,374
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.