Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
F'ing dumbasses. The Tacoma cop was the exception, most of em do stupid sheit like this. Prayers to this young mans family.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending...sheriff-says/AQQNCUOOFVEX7OYUUT5IXM6D3Q/

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The sheriff puts a lot of videos out talking about shooting people. Probably needs to teach his deputies that if you surround a suspect completely before opening fire with everything you’ve got might not be a very bright idea.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too young!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
>CrossFireOops comes to mind.

Sad deal indeed, RIP.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by mirage243
F'ing dumbasses. The Tacoma cop was the exception, most of em do stupid sheit like this. Prayers to this young mans family.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending...sheriff-says/AQQNCUOOFVEX7OYUUT5IXM6D3Q/

"Most of them"...Are we talking 51% or 90%?

Blue on blue should never happen, and in my actual experience, is always a consideration during training. But unfortunately it does happen, even in highly trained military units.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And they charged the arrestee with second degree murder..... Does that make the widow feel better?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Firecontrolman
The sheriff puts a lot of videos out talking about shooting people. Probably needs to teach his deputies that if you surround a suspect completely before opening fire with everything you’ve got might not be a very bright idea.

I just spoke with a friend of mine who is a retired Lt from Polk Co S.O.

He told me that the deputy that was killed was outside of the trailer house and one of the bullets that missed the suspect went through the wall and struck the deputy.

So how do you train someone to avoid shooting someone you can't see? I get it that they should have NOT missed the perp, but then, missing is what sometimes happens when you're under extreme pressure.

Desktop quarterbacking is a wonderful occupation, for sure.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You’ve got a point, but an argument can be made that unless you’ve got confirmation of a solid backstop or what lies behind a target, nobody should ever attempt to stop a threat with a gun.

Active shooter in a mall in your sights? I’d be a bit hesitant to open fire if bystanders are behind the perp. It all depends on the situation I guess. Sounds like the officers had poor coordination and communication, in this case.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by T_Inman
You’ve got a point, but an argument can be made that unless you’ve got confirmation of a solid backstop or what lies behind a target, nobody should ever attempt to stop a threat with a gun.

Active shooter in a mall in your sights? I’d be a bit hesitant to open fire if bystanders are behind the perp. It all depends on the situation I guess. Sounds like the officers had poor coordination and communication, in this case.

In a fluid situation, where perp is not standing still and neither are the cops, how do you maintain that solid backstop and/or insure there is no one behind a wall?

It's a tough call.

Demanding constant, quality dynamic training with standards that have to be adhered to, is the only real solution to missing your target(s).

Now, will the taxpayers foot the bill to provide that level of training? Probably not.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.