Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Talleys yes, their is a YouTube on shortening the mag…basically remove the cap, cut down reinstall….compress the spring or trim…….lot cheaper than new BM

Last edited by vacrt2002; 10/05/22.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some have reported that the plastic guards cracked. Without being there it’s had to know if that was due to user error. I just prefer metal, even aluminum to the shiny plastic, and my floorplate unit feeds perfectly. The DIP unit looks pretty good, and their replacement release looks worthwhile too, better than just trimming off the factory one. Losing mags is a real thing with the stock setup.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems to be some agreement on the color for the OG stocks….

[Linked Image]

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Seems to be some agreement on the color for the OG stocks….

[Linked Image]
I like paint scheme. What power is that Trijicon?
Is that the factory hard plastic stock that's been reshaped? If so, who did the shaping?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Credo HX 1-6. Great scope.

The stock is from Wayne York at oregunsmithingllc.com 18oz. I had MtnBoomer reshape the factory for my grandson. Looks great, but still a bit too long for the boy.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Pappy.

I may venture into reshaping my factory stock myself, including shortening the stock for my short stature and maybe the forend to be more in proportion with the short barrel.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I've posted mine in previous threads. I specifically wanted a compact durable 6.5 grendel that would be at home in a tree stand, or still hunting and ride easily in my motorcycle scabbard. I started with the lighter barrel version in a youth stock. Cut the barrel to 16 1/4" and shortened the fore end. Reshaped the stock with a Work Sharp belt sander. Installed the OG bottom metal, talleys and a Redfield 2-7 and rattle canned some camo. 6lbs 5oz.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
They are offering the mini in a walnut stock now. Might have to get one of these in .223 or 6mm ARC

Last edited by weagle; 10/06/22.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by weagle
I've posted mine in previous threads. I specifically wanted a compact durable 6.5 grendel that would be at home in a tree stand, or still hunting and ride easily in my motorcycle scabbard. I started with the lighter barrel version in a youth stock. Cut the barrel to 16 1/4" and shortened the fore end. Reshaped the stock with a Work Sharp belt sander. Installed the OG bottom metal, talleys and a Redfield 2-7 and rattle canned some camo. 6lbs 5oz.

I remember seeing this one here before. That sweet paint job is eye catching.

When reshaping the stock, did you need to fill anything in, like voids in the barrel channel? If so, what did you use? JB plastic weld, maybe?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by weagle
They are offering the mini in a walnut stock now. Might have to get one of these in .223 or 6mm ARC

That would be a sweet, classic looking rig with some OG BM.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Were it Laminate and S/S,they'd have sumptin'. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
'Stick, how's the ergos of the carbon stock? What mag box is that on the right, OG?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been wishin’ and hopin’ for SS, but would settle for nitride. Pretty sure LSI is responsible for this, as I’ve seen SS Minis for sale on a site in OZ.

You’d think that all the bottom metal Wayne is selling would be a clue too, but they’re slow learners…..

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Been wishin’ and hopin’ for SS, but would settle for nitride. Pretty sure LSI is responsible for this, as I’ve seen SS Minis for sale on a site in OZ.

You’d think that all the bottom metal Wayne is selling would be a clue too, but they’re slow learners…..

People were always slamming Remington for being "behind the times," but IMO Legacy is every bit as worse. There is a lot they do that's good, but they could do better. I know the US market is just part of the equation, but I have to believe that we have to be the biggest customer. it just seems they could tweak some of their stuff and make it much more appealing to the eye.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Legacy is really just an importer, although there may be some finishing, stocking, etc done by them. They do offer a few SS models now, hopefully they’ll sell enough to take the hint. I know SS costs more, and I’d pay gladly.

Might be too late for me. I’ve made it no secret that I’m not buying any more rifles er, guns……

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bruinruin
'Stick, how's the ergos of the carbon stock? What mag box is that on the right, OG?

Everyone LOVES THE Carbon Queen. They are bow heavy outta da' gate,but The Chop muchly improves things. Wayne's World bottom and guts. Because I'm hard on schit,I wish the mag release had more bite and a stiffer spring. Hint.

Tough to whoop a 19" duped 7" RPM 22 PPC AFI squirting magfed Smooches. Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Had this in my email this morning. Perhaps it’s a sign … laugh

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...ash_sale&utm_content=2022_10_07_Howa

Seems like a good price. Can anyone commend on the “standard” contour?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mags are junk and wayyyyyyyy short. Hint.

Easy pass,as there is no COAL cure for the 223 Mini. Hint.

Most my throats are Smooching a 75 ELD at 2.450"-ish in 8" RPM 223 SALAMI's. Pulled yet another outta da' box last night,S/S 8" 20" 223 CTR. Hint..............

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Appreciate that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Thanks Pappy.

I may venture into reshaping my factory stock myself, including shortening the stock for my short stature and maybe the forend to be more in proportion with the short barrel.

Carl does a great job for a silly price, but I don’t know if he’s doing them now. I bet he’d give you some tips for DIY.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,457
Posts18,471,135
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.