Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Picked up a beautiful 1982 model Remington 700 BDL mostly New in Box off the classifieds a couple weeks ago.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I was on the hunt for a .300 Win Mag for quite a while but wasn’t exactly sure exactly what I wanted. It had to be the “right one” and figured when I came across it, I’d know. This one popped up with the original box with all the paperwork from a time when Big Green was in the pinnacle of quality and craftsmanship. I think we are all hoping the best for the new Remington and hope they can recover from close to 20 years of corporate carpet baggers messing them up.

I topped this one with a Leupold VX3HD 2.5-8x36 CDSZL in Talley lightweight mounts.

A long story short, I worked up a load after barrel break in with 175 grain Barnes LRX with IMR 7828SSC at 3035 FPS. It shoots great and I’m looking forward to many years of hunting with this awesome rifle.

There isn’t an animal in North America I would feel inadequate perusing with this combo. This one gets to go elk hunting next weekend in Colorado. I hope I can do my part so it can do what it’s supposed to!

Hope this hunting season is finding you all well!

Thanks for reading,

Todd

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hell yeah. Great score on that 300. Looks like you’ve got it dialed!

Semper Fi
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Your on track, best of luck in colo. B

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pass the 21" 264 Kreed and hold The Fluff. Hint.

300 Winny/175 LRX/3035fps. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

264 Kreed/147/2725fps. Hint.

Just sayin'..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
It’s easy to do, but I’m confused. Not sure what you’re trying to prove and count me in as one of the many who have zero clue how to interpret what you try to convey in your posts… your “hints” and all the other stupid BS you post is completely lost on me. I have zero clue if you’re trying to insult me or what.?.?. Either way, me and my .300 could care less what you think we ought to be using… or visa versa…

According to your charts the 300 outs the creed in every bracket. Especially the energy…. The creed is a great round, but it’s a distant choice for grown men and elk hunting. So? I’m never going to get your hints….

Good luck,

Todd

IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by Justahunter
It’s easy to do, but I’m confused. Not sure what you’re trying to prove and count me in as one of the many who have zero clue how to interpret what you try to convey in your posts… your “hints” and all the other stupid BS you post is completely lost on me. I have zero clue if you’re trying to insult me or what.?.?. Either way, me and my .300 could care less what you think we ought to be using… or visa versa…

According to your charts the 300 outs the creed in every bracket. Especially the energy…. The creed is a great round, but it’s a distant choice for grown men and elk hunting. So? I’m never going to get your hints….

Good luck,

Todd

Gorgeous rifle sir. I’ve got a cherry 7mag bdl of similar vintage that sits in the safe as an if all else fails I can rely on backup. Dead nuts accurate and beautiful to boot. Also bravo and well said above sir.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Good god you're a ignorant fuucking dummy.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Justakchunt,

I missed it,where anyone ever mentioned your having a First Fhuqking Clue. Hint.

"Energy" is fhuqking HILARIOUS and a Blue Haired Cat Lady Bedtime Story. It weren't my intent to raise your Estrogen Levels,by you citing your very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint.

Personally,I'll happily take nearly 30grs less of propellant,reduced ES,reduced SD,the wind advantage from the muzzle,the superior brass,extry rounds in the magazine,the reduction in noise,the reduction in recoil,the reduction in weight,the improved handling,to realize like Terminal Effects and a scope that actually fhuqking works,if only for starters. Might as well make mine in a 5.5# rifle. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

How in the fhuqk COULD you "have" a clue,when all that you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination? Hint.

7-08/180 ELD/2600fps. Hint.

That 300 is REALLY "hard hitting". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!

P.S. and by the way,don't "forget",that Imitation is THE most sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Beautiful early 700, enjoy hunting with it. I load 150 Barnes for my 30’s. They work well on the deer and pigs I shoot.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Justakchunt,

I missed it,where anyone ever mentioned your having a First Fhuqking Clue. Hint.

"Energy" is fhuqking HILARIOUS and a Blue Haired Cat Lady Bedtime Story. It weren't my intent to raise your Estrogen Levels,by you citing your very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint.

Personally,I'll happily take nearly 30grs less of propellant,reduced ES,reduced SD,the wind advantage from the muzzle,the superior brass,extry rounds in the magazine,the reduction in noise,the reduction in recoil,the reduction in weight,the improved handling,to realize like Terminal Effects and a scope that actually fhuqking works,if only for starters. Might as well make mine in a 5.5# rifle. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

How in the fhuqk COULD you "have" a clue,when all that you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination? Hint.

7-08/180 ELD/2600fps. Hint.

That 300 is REALLY "hard hitting". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!

P.S. and by the way,don't "forget",that Imitation is THE most sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

You sound like Charlie Brown's teacher... "Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah".... I'm sorry I ever gave you the slightest 'hint' that I care anything about your opinion, but if you need to hear you are so much better than me and anybody else who dare post about guns on the internet, I'll say it..... You're so freaking awesome and better than us!!!!!.. Will you go away now?... "Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah"........

Todd

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Op, gotta like those early 700 BDL’s. If I were a younger man I’d hunt one just like yours and never look back. Hope you get your elk soon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Justakchunt,

I didn't proffer an "opinion",I simply stated Facts,which are fueled by Physics and if only to your Whining Brokedick chagrin...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

There's zero need to perpetually fill out even more Hurt Feeler Reports,to quantify your Professional "Victim" status,as you Whine aloud with your crossed-eyes. Hint.

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will ALWAYS be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". It is funnier than fhuqk,that your own Retardation upsets you so much,as you lick windows and repeatedly meltdown aloud. You are the typical Pavement Pounding Brokedick Pussy,that can't conjure the 13 IQ Points requisite,to align that bullets matter wayyyyyyy more than headstamps. Feel free to yell "get some!" in your soothing High Pitched Nasal Whine,as you shoot your Flinch Factory,that can't keep pace with fhuqking 308 Win case capacity. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

The LW's are MAGNIFICENT too. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your best.

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you keep TRYING to "convince" yourself that you "don't care". Pardon the powers of my verbage.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Last edited by Big Stick; 10/10/22.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah....

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
If anyone can understand anything he is trying to say, I'd love some enlightenment. If I'm getting it right, he is extremely offended I own and shoot a .300 Win Mag... Correct? Anyone?

Todd

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Todd, Sticky is just a big ol key pounding internet windbag that when pressed can't back up any of his mouth. Don't pay him any mind, but check out the Silhouette thread in the Competive Shooting section.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies,

You could always join "forces" and quantify who thinks about me the most and for the longest duration(s),under the auspice of your Heralded "Don't care" Clause...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooing it all and then some,as you Melting Snowflakes perfect your Professional "Victim" status and GoogleFu. Hint.

Perhaps add even more punctuation,to REALLY state your Dontcaretitude,as you wax eloquent upon your exceedingly WELL founded Insecurities. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Todd, What is boils down to is that if you put the right bullet in the right spot with that .300 Win Mag, that none of the paperwork that Little Sticky posted will matter, not even those calipers!

Sticky, Have you any classification to post or are you too busy pounding your keyboard? Maybe your trigger finger got mashed between two keys! Laughing, Laughing hard.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You gals REALLY "know" your "stuff"...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Few things funnier,than a Brokedick WokeFest. You GO girl! Hint.

It's ALL about the keys. Hint.

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you keep TRYING to "convince" yourself that you "don't care". Pardon the powers of my verbage.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Sticky, I ask for any shooting classification that you may have and you post pictures of fish. I guess that's how internet blowhards roll. Laughing, Laughing real hard!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm happy to provide slack on the rope,as you become a Parrot,due my uncanny powers. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist and First Class,all being things you MUST read about,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Weekend was tough and IFR through and through,so there will be more than enough Mail this afternoon,to fuel your very WELL founded Insecurities and vicarious "living". Hint.

Start a Thread,if/when you ever leave your Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,597 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,391
Posts18,527,800
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.