Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They've decided to tax cow burps to fight global warming. When the food supply dries up, maybe people will wake up...but I doubt it.

New Zealand government proposes taxing cow burps, pee to tackle climate change
New Zealand has approximately 10 million beef and dairy cattle and 26 million sheep

By Landon Mion FOXBusiness
close
'Fighting climate change’ a ‘stupid expression’: Greenpeace co-founder

New Zealand announced Tuesday a proposal to tax greenhouse gases farm animals produce, including burping and peeing, as part of its efforts to address climate change.

According to the country's government, the proposed tax on farms would be the first in the world. It also said farmers should be able to regain the cost by upping the prices of climate-friendly products.

The move drew the ire of New Zealand farmers, with Federated Farmers, the industry's main lobby group, saying the plan would "rip the guts out of small-town New Zealand" and result in trees replacing farms.

Federated Farmers President Andrew Hoggard said farmers had been attempting to work with the government for more than two years on a plan to reduce emissions reduction without decreasing food production.

New Zealand announced Tuesday a proposal to tax greenhouse gases farm animals produce, including burping and peeing, as part of its efforts to address climate change. ([bleep] / [bleep])

"Our plan was to keep farmers farming," Hoggard said, adding that farmers would instead be selling their farms "so fast you won’t even hear the dogs barking on the back of the ute (pickup truck) as they drive off."

Opposition lawmakers from the conservative ACT Party said the proposal would increase emissions around the world by moving farming to other countries less efficient at producing food.

New Zealand’s farming industry is crucial to the country's economy, with dairy products being the nation’s largest export earner.

The country has approximately 10 million beef and dairy cattle and 26 million sheep, compared to just five million people.

About half of New Zealand's greenhouse gas emissions come from farms. And the reasoning behind the proposal potentially helping with climate change is based on the idea that farm animals produce gasses that warm the planet, particularly methane from cattle burps and nitrous oxide from their urine.

New Zealand's government has vowed to cut greenhouse gas emissions and make the country carbon-neutral by 2050. As part of that plan, the country said it will reduce methane emissions from farm animals by 10% by 2030 and by up to 47% by 2050.
Cows at dairy farm

New Zealand’s farming industry is crucial to the country's economy, with dairy products being the nation’s largest export earner. (AP Images)

Farmers would be required to begin paying for emissions in 2025 under the new proposed plan, with the pricing not yet finalized.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the money collected from the proposed tax would go toward the farming industry to fund new technology, research and incentive payments for farmers.

"New Zealand's farmers are set to be the first in the world to reduce agricultural emissions, positioning our biggest export market for the competitive advantage that brings in a world increasingly discerning about the provenance of their food," Ardern said.

Agriculture Minister Damien O'Connor said the proposal presents an exciting opportunity for the country and its farmers.
Cattle on a farm

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the money collected from the proposed tax would go toward the farming industry to fund new technology, research and incentive payments for farmers.

"Farmers are already experiencing the impact of climate change with more regular drought and flooding," O'Connor said. "Taking the lead on agricultural emissions is both good for the environment and our economy."

The liberal Labour government's plan mirrors a similar failed proposal made by a previous Labour government in 2003 to tax farm animals for their methane emissions.

At the time, farmers had slammed the idea, and political opposition criticized it as a "fart tax." Most of the methane emissions, however, come from burping, not farting. The New Zealand government eventually abandoned the proposal.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Coming to a continent near you….

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
More proof you get what you vote for.
I’ll have to ask my Kiwi co-workers (who also farm) what they think about that.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The purpose of penalizing cattle ownership is to discourage meat production. The globalists want us to transition to insect protein. That's for us, not them. They will continue to enjoy filet mignon, etc.. Beef will become the food of the super wealthy, only.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Potsy
Do we even know we're getting who we vote for? To anyone who took careful note of the 2020 election, it should be highly doubtful, to say the least.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Let them enjoy meatless meals.

Forever

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Do we even know we're getting who we vote for? To anyone who took careful note of the 2020 election, it should be highly doubtful, to say the least.

I did read where Arden won in a landslide in ‘20. Made me wonder if NZ let dominion run their elections…..

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Damn! Now lamb will be even more expensive! Just in time for the holidays too. Friggin Climate loonies.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
Damn! Now lamb will be even more expensive! Just in time for the holidays too. Friggin Climate loonies.
They should have been swinging years ago.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
who sits there to count cow burps? /or is it estimated?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A New Zealand aside, I watch a YouTube channel called Marty T. He has a ranch in the mountains.and a.home in town so his.kid can go to school. He locates and fixes old machinery, then uses it to maintain his mountain roads and other ranch duties. He is fairly low key and to the point, and doggedly gets the job done. I'm amazed at the amount of water the rains.bring and.the.damage.done.to the.roads. Maybe a.reason I like it is because it reminds me of how they did it at my grandparents farms. Plus, bringing back to life old equipment.

Old guy, old guns.
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
"It's not the voting that's democracy; it's the counting."

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hard to say how they will react.

By and large...the Aussies and Kiwis trust their govt and appreciate the work they do.

Even when they are getting fugged.

Its kinda strange. I suppose it's because they only receive info from govt approved sources.

I am MAGA.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
What’s the net difference in gases between a cow eating grass, burping and ripping farts and grass naturally decaying in the ground?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When raising cattle is criminalized, only criminals will own cows.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just look what is going on around the world with this moronic green movement from Ghana to The Netherlands, from New Zealand to the U.S.A. they are destroying people's lives under the guise of doing something for which their policies will have no positive effects and will have profound negative effects. They need to just utilize their own money to fund advertising campaigns suggesting to people how they can be more environmentally friendly. That would be more effective in outcome, more cost-effective and would not subject others to their draconian policies and outcomes. Holy crap!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Insanity is alive and well, not only in New Zealand, but world wide.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
It’s all about power and money. They can use that green religion to tax and regulate. Sooner or later they’ll have to be a reckoning.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NWO stole elections in France,Germany,Poland,Italy until Meloni,Australia and New Zealand.They fomented not one but two coups in Ukraine.

They installed a pathological lying,crack smoking,closet homosexual,Commie,Muslim criminal in the USA who has a male tranny for a pretend wife.They also installed a tranny in New Zealand.

What was once thought of as impossible and called a conspiracy theories by the NWO,has become a nightmarish reality for the citizens of the world.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,577 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,576
Posts18,492,035
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.