Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a 4th generation Oregon native.

My folks lived in Springfield when I was born in 1952, and Springfield didn't have a hospital until 2 years after I was born.

So, I hate to admit it, but I was born in Eugene. (kicks toe in dirt!)

Virgil B.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Fishing is decent.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Crabbing ain’t bad

Politics and taxes are a total shîtshow.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Yes, taking the state back, priority 1. And Flave florida is where the people that give up, go to die!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd challenge the big talkers from Florida and Montana to come to Oregon and hunt DIY and post some photos of their success. I know that's not Shraps style, he'd rather throw 20K at a guide and shoot a ranch deer from the pickup. LOL

Hey Travis, bring your best 7mm-08, I hear the recoil is manageable for children and women, and don't forget the (correct) ammo! LOL

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Minus Potlandia and Screw'em.. I mean Salem... there is nothing wrong with Oregon...

exceptin the methheads and the endless supply of ex Californians, who move up here and then complain it ain't like California, but with a lot less people.

anyone that wants to take a blacktail... come on by.. I only have like 20 to 50 passing thru the yard on a daily basis...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'd challenge the big talkers from Florida and Montana to come to Oregon and hunt DIY and post some photos of their success. I know that's not Shraps style, he'd rather throw 20K at a guide and shoot a ranch deer from the pickup. LOL

Hey Travis, bring your best 7mm-08, I hear the recoil is manageable for children and women, and don't forget the (correct) ammo! LOL

Uh, I shoot a 7mm-08.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Uh, I shoot a 7mm-08.

I have one cuz it's pretty and was made by a famous gunsmith. LOL

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire
Minus Potlandia and Screw'em.. I mean Salem... there is nothing wrong with Oregon...

exceptin the methheads and the endless supply of ex Californians, who move up here and then complain it ain't like California, but with a lot less people.

anyone that wants to take a blacktail... come on by.. I only have like 20 to 50 passing thru the yard on a daily basis...

John, there's two kinds of deer. Yard deer are what you're talking about. They're everywhere in the valley and that's how most people fill their tags, from their porch. The last week of season you can hear shots ringing out all over the valley as the big boys come out of hiding and go searching for yard does. Not much of a challenge.

Then there's mountain deer. Those deer aren't wandering around out in the open, they're buried in some hellhole fighting the predators for their very survival. Last trip out we saw more bears (3) than bucks (1)!!! Those wild mountain blacktails aren't anything like their valley counterparts. If you hunt them you will pay dearly for each and every one you get in every way you can imagine, if you can find one.

I always smile when I see the hero shot of a yard deer drug off the lawn to the edge of the brush and the glory photo shot.

LOL
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rufous
Rooster7, why do you ask? Seems like a strange question and then to simply say "just that" is even odder. Anyway my dad's dad (that would be my grandfather for those of you from Rio Linda) and my dad and myself were all born in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. I used to think that was a good thing based on it pretty much being the modern version of the Promised Land but I fled there 4 days ago and am now a resident of the red state of Arkansas.

Still wondering why you care if any Campfire members are from Oregon.

It's a spoof. (joke)

Because besides California, Texas and Oregon are probably the two most talked about states on this forum and have been forever. Then we have threads started like "Anybody here from, Texas!?"

lol I thought it was comical.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Born in Oregon City and did not marry within the family. So there.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My family settled in Southern Oregon in 1862. Been to most states and all over the world years at a time. Very tough to find a better place to live.

Yes the take over of Oregon happened in the 90’s when mail in voting was mandated.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You couldn’t challenge a pygmy to a foot race. No matter what state you came from you’d still be a loser, I don’t blame Oregon for your pathetic personality.

You forget that it was you that threw down the gauntlet in the first place. I never criticized anything you had done but for some reason you felt you needed to criticize me which I really don’t care.

Competition with you wouldn’t be any different than arm wrestling a girl, an easy win but nothing gained.

Keep up your pathetic rambling and attempts to accomplish anything of merit, at least you will be satisfied…

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
I wish. The place is beautiful.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

John, there's two kinds of deer. Yard deer are what you're talking about. They're everywhere in the valley and that's how most people fill their tags, from their porch. The last week of season you can hear shots ringing out all over the valley as the big boys come out of hiding and go searching for yard does. Not much of a challenge.

Then there's mountain deer. Those deer aren't wandering around out in the open, they're buried in some hellhole fighting the predators for their very survival. Last trip out we saw more bears (3) than bucks (1)!!! Those wild mountain blacktails aren't anything like their valley counterparts. If you hunt them you will pay dearly for each and every one you get in every way you can imagine, if you can find one.

I always smile when I see the hero shot of a yard deer drug off the lawn to the edge of the brush and the glory photo shot.

whistle

I admit, after trapsing all over the woods around here, the last 3 seasons, at the end of the season, I just wacked one in the yard...

bigger, better fed, decent racks in this neighborhood....and yeah, I don't have to drag them 2 miles to the truck when they were in the yard..

and I'm more athletically inclined for the yard anymore,

but I still spend time seeing if I come across a good one up in the mountains...

then get home and they are grazing in the yard... yeah getting old sucks.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Can't we all just get along? Rodney King...

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Oregon is beautiful.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel
You forget that it was you that threw down the gauntlet in the first place. I never criticized anything you had done but for some reason you felt you needed to criticize me which I really don’t care.

Not even close. The first time you made my radar was your comment "Who's house?" when I posted a photo of a damn nice buck I took archery. At the time #7 in the Pope and Young record books from Oregon. But not talking about the buck or the thread, you went off in the weeds with the "Who' house?" comment.

Knowing how you're all about showing off your money to the whole world I know exactly what your comment was meant to accomplish.

*I deleted the rest of my post, you're not even worth the time it takes to respond to you. What a dick.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can't we all just get along? Rodney King...

No disrespect intended John!

It's a fact of life a guy like Shrapnel could come to Oregon with the right tag at the right time and whack a huge buck just driving around in his brand new King Mountain Edition someschit whatever truck, then post the glory shot on the internet and half the guys here would fall all over themselves to kiss his ass. Sad world we live in and damn disrespectful to the incredible blacktail buck. Game worthy of more respect than Shrapnel is even capable of understanding. His idea of winning is to show the world how much money he has as a means to elevate himself out of his sad little mind. Whatever, not my problem.

I don't know what makes him more angry, not being successful at hunting blacktails on their terms or having someone he considers an inferior show the world what a tool he is.

LOL
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Roseburg

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,430 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,632
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.