Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Blew both shoulders. No rifles for this Guy. Did some research, bought a Glock long slide 10mm. Longer custom barrel, Trijicon optic New springs and 3.5 lb trigger. I CANNOT SHOOT THIS DAMN THING RELIABLY WITH THE FRIGGIN CREEP IN THE TRIGGER. So, advice please. Feel free to bash the Newbie handgunner.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try factory trigger on a Walther PDP.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A simple polish job will improve the trigger dramatically
Google is your friend.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yes, the M&P 2.0 smile

Seriously, it takes a while to get used to the Glock trigger. I used to balance things on the muzzle while dry firing. Keep at it and avoid spending money on anything except ammo and gas to get to the range. You can't get better by playing dress up with your pistol.

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Me.... Shooting off the Bench. OK, Pretend Ginormous Buck at 50yards........ Nerves, rest against the tree... Deep Breath... 4 Miles of trigger before the break.. That Buck already [bleep] four ready does 80 acres away.....

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You don't need to add parts to the gun.

The fact is that you cannot buy proficiency. Pistol shooting is a skill set, and a quickly perishable one. You have to constantly practice, and trigger control is critical.

Work on mastering the trigger you have and don't change a thing. Hundreds upon hundreds of one shot drills, trying to shoot garage sale dots will be a good place to start. Much like lifting weights, you will wear yourself out quickly at first, and when you see a significant drop in your performance, stop for the day. Your initial range sessions will be short, but as you become conditioned (just like weight training) you will be able to shoot more, and more accurately.

The next session may see you shoot 75 rounds before your performance starts to go south and you need to stop. Continuing on, after you are tired and your performance is showing no improvement is not doing any good. Just stop and save your ammo.

Given time and repeated practice sessions you will find that you can shoot a Glock exceptionally well. Making repeated 100 yard shots on a USPSA target with a .45 caliber G21 is no big deal. It just takes practice.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Waiting for Mackey to give crappy advice.
Haven't seen it yet.

A great trigger makes a gun easier to shoot.
Pro and amateur alike.

A good shooter can do good work with a Glock trigger.
It is really not that bad. Just long and mushy.
It will expose your issues.
A light, very short trigger will hide them.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Practicing with a 40 cal barrel will save you some money while you are learning. Google 25 cent trigger job for Glock and that helps. A Zev competition spring kit will really make it nice.

Last edited by supercrewd; 10/14/22.

NRA Life Member
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Lots a great advice here and experience.

Fit can also make a difference. Dremel a nub off…

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I went with a Timney trigger. It’s definitely on the expensive side but it improved drastically.

IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rifleman1st
Me.... Shooting off the Bench. OK, Pretend Ginormous Buck at 50yards........ Nerves, rest against the tree... Deep Breath... 4 Miles of trigger before the break.. That Buck already [bleep] four ready does 80 acres away.....

You're trying to fire a rifle. Fire a pistol instead, and a Glock at that. A double action revolver trigger is a better comparison - roll the trigger and minimize any sight disturbance. Your optic will help with that. Pull the trigger purposefully STRAIGHT BACK without disturbing the sight. Success will come from a combination of the proper grip, grip strength, and your skill in pulling the trigger without moving the pistol. Usually, newer shooters don't grip as firmly as they should (squeeze the crap out of it), but other than that - dry fire, experiment, dry fire...

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was not bad at all, shooting my Glock 40, but went ahead and installed Ghost 3.5 connector anyway. I shoot better now.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good triggers make good shooters better. Nothing takes the place of practice. As Mackay said above. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I think what helps me most is focusing on squeezing those grips between the palm of my hands, putting the pressure on from my forearms, and not clenching it with my fingers. That helps to keep that trigger finger action independent of everything else so it doesn't disturb your grip/aim. Don't know if that's correct or not, but it seems to work for me. It helps negate any trigger pull issues.

Mathew 22: 37-39

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by supercrewd
Practicing with a 40 cal barrel will save you some money while you are learning. Google 25 cent trigger job for Glock and that helps. A Zev competition spring kit will really make it nice.

That .40 barrel will also extend your endurance for practice. Extended sessions with a 10mm can be punishing. I have shot a couple of 100 round+ events with my Glock 20 for one reason or another, and by the end of the day I was glad it's over. I'm not as tough as I used to think I was.

Mathew 22: 37-39

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Mackay is dead on.

A good dry fire drill is to put a dime on the front sight and dry fire without the dime falling off. Practice squeezing the trigger without squeezing your hand. Handgun shooting isn’t like rifle shooting and it takes much more practice. No striker fired pistol trigger will feel like a rifle. I’ve carried and shot Glock pistols for twenty years. The triggers are functional combat triggers, not the greatest but certainly adequate.

Follow through and control after the shot are very important with a pistol. Practice practice practice. Dry fire can be just as beneficial as live fire. Get you some 180 fmj practice ammo if you can find it instead of the full house stuff until you get used to it.

Isaiah 6:8

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Canick or Walther PPQ not try the new pdp or something like that yet

Last edited by ldholton; 10/28/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
You don't need to add parts to the gun.

The fact is that you cannot buy proficiency. Pistol shooting is a skill set, and a quickly perishable one. You have to constantly practice, and trigger control is critical.

Work on mastering the trigger you have and don't change a thing. Hundreds upon hundreds of one shot drills, trying to shoot garage sale dots will be a good place to start. Much like lifting weights, you will wear yourself out quickly at first, and when you see a significant drop in your performance, stop for the day. Your initial range sessions will be short, but as you become conditioned (just like weight training) you will be able to shoot more, and more accurately.

The next session may see you shoot 75 rounds before your performance starts to go south and you need to stop. Continuing on, after you are tired and your performance is showing no improvement is not doing any good. Just stop and save your ammo.

Given time and repeated practice sessions you will find that you can shoot a Glock exceptionally well. Making repeated 100 yard shots on a USPSA target with a .45 caliber G21 is no big deal. It just takes practice.
I was at first tempted to say that the best trigger for a Glock can be found on a 1911. But then, I saw this excellent advice from Mackay Sagebush. He and I certainly do have our disagreements, but not on this subject.

Every day’s an adventure.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Good triggers make good shooters better. Nothing takes the place of practice. As Mackay said above. Hasbeen

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All the competition guys have trigger jobs done. But here is no substitute for practice.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Lots of advice here but not much mention of a "better trigger." I shot a few Glock 26's and though they feel like a rock or potato in hand, I good hit because there was a nice, clean breaking wall. My Glock 20 gen 4 has an AK trigger or SKS. Even with the 3.5 lb ghost connector you never know when the thing might break. [bleep] triggers make you a better marksman for sure, but it really is a lot of work. I hate to put more money into this thing, it's expensive enough. The HIVIZ front shoots way low besides. Apex seems to get most favorable mention. I'm not sure I want to shoot this thing enough to justify perfecting it. That's one to consider for sure due to popularity alone. Zev might be the best but more competition focused.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 2,243 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,261
Posts18,486,431
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.