Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Did shoot that 600 triple duece I bought off ya, I’ll post corpses, not targets… haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice hope it shot well for you..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tough SOB there.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 79S
Nice hope it shot well for you..

It’ll work! Handy little hammer 👊🏻

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
looks to me like it was what we call a barber chair, alder birch and maple are the worst but any tree leaning can do it . you are cutting through and the tree splits vertical the tail end shooting up into the person cutting,, as you can see its a bittch,

prayers for the guy he is going to be hearting for a while.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Judman
Does he throw all his rifles in the creek?

No, he actually “hunts”, which ain’t shiit by Arizona by Arizona “standards”. 😂😂

When I saw that first picture I thought Kick Back.

My best friend and wrestler stud on our team was killed at age 19 by kick back while cutting firewood on his dairy farm. A week after his marriage.

I could not believe any tree could kill him he was so tough, but he was killed instantly according to the coroner.

Last edited by ribka; 10/14/22.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Logging will teach you a new way to get hurt... everyday. Damn thats rough

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ribka
Does he throw all his rifles in the creek?

No, he actually “hunts”, which ain’t shiit by Arizona by Arizona “standards”. 😂😂

When I saw that first picture I thought Kick Back.

My best friend and wrestler stud on our team was killed at age 19 by kick back while cutting firewood on his dairy farm. A week after his marriage.

I could not believe any tree could kill him he was so tough, but he was killed instantly according to the coroner.

Ya couple got killed while I was doin it. Boy lost 2 good buds, 1 a long time pard he worked with a few years, buckin oversize, log rolled over on him. Laid on the landing,snow piling up on him while L&I was en route, the other, a real good pard with 30 years experience, was at my place drinkin a beer and talkin elk killin the evening prior, got flipped into the skyline drum the next day.. boy walks up to the landing, blood was pouring outta the yarder, boy thought it was hydraulic fluid, ended up being Robs blood.. yarder engineer was crying like a baby. Still got that text. Tough day for sure

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Man that sucks, hope he heals up quick ! Hate to see a man down !

Seen a guy get joe poked through the shoulder with a dead bone dry spruce top toothpick, running a turn of trees to the landing on a rubber tired skidder !

Took him out for 6 months

I ended up sending that same skidder 200 ft straight down to the next bench, backed up to a turn of trees on a steep slope that was designated for the D7 & chokers, with balls bigger than beach balls in my 20's, I knew I had that turn, problem was when I grappled & picked em up, the bastards wouldn't turn to follow the skidder down the spur & instead slid straight down the slope with me in the cab

They all thought I was dead meat and were freaked out when I climbed out of the cab intact with zero injuries, I'd put my seat belt on & cinched it up tight when I backed up to that pile of big ass trees, still don't know what made me do it, have never used that seat belt before ....

The 6x6 steel between the two parts of the skidder sheared right tf off like an ant got sliced in half with a knife

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Fuuck man… gotta pard been in a wheelchair for 25 years now, rolled a timberjack without his belt on.. tough lesson..

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Man that sucks, hope he heals up quick ! Hate to see a man down !

Seen a guy get joe poked through the shoulder with a dead bone dry spruce top toothpick, running a turn of trees to the landing on a rubber tired skidder !

Took him out for 6 months

I ended up sending that same skidder 200 ft straight down to the next bench, backed up to a turn of trees on a steep slope that was designated for the D7 & chokers, with balls bigger than beach balls in my 20's, I knew I had that turn, problem was when I grappled & picked em up, the bastards wouldn't turn to follow the skidder down the spur & instead slid straight down the slope with me in the cab

They all thought I was dead meat and were freaked out when I climbed out of the cab intact with zero injuries, I'd put my seat belt on & cinched it up tight when I backed up to that pile of big ass trees, still don't know what made me do it, have never used that seat belt before ....

The 6x6 steel between the two parts of the skidder sheared right tf off like an ant got sliced in half with a knife

Chit!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Ya,that sucks..I was a hooker(tongs/500ft of line and a Linkbelt 88) for six years..Saw a lot of chit like that and packed a few out..Every day was pain of some sort..lol..A helicopter landing is pretty dangerous also..To much going on in one place..I was lucky enough not to get hurt..

Saw a guy get off his D-7 Cat and forget to put the blade down to set his chokers and the Cat took off down the mountain and landed right in the middle of hiway 55 on Goose creek grade splitting the case all the way..Scarred the chit out of a log truck driver just missing it..LOL..The guy went on to own a pretty big logging company..Go figure..

A lot of bad stuff happens in the woods..

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am trying to forget about the close calls.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That is brutal, about peed myself thinking about how it would feel! Hang tough , dude, and hope you heal promptly!
T

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Before I head out for a long day of chainsaw...ing.........

There was a new guy that started working on our logging show, he was a saw man.

One of the most dangerous things to do in the bush is cut blowdown, he went straight in and cut this 24" spruce, another faller was introducing him to what we were doing, the new guy started to cut this tree, the other faller started yelling for him to stop, too late, the tree sprung up about 200mph and took his hard hat right off his lucky head LOL.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nope, crowding the riggin, little too close, little too comfy, probably done it 1000’s of times

That’s when ya git bit.

Black Cows Matter!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Being in at the time,a small logging town,logging was the only pay in town so most everyone tried it..I remember one guy I had to throw in the crummie and rush him to town wholooked a lot like the picture here posted but not quite as bad..His brother was a logger,good cat operator..Came to work in brand new whites/Dickies suspenders and hard hat and on the third log he hooked,he hooked it to far back and it caught a stump and swang around,hitting him first in his white boots and worked it's way up his body and over his thick head..Thought he was dead...That was his first and last day hooking..LOL..Nice guy who went on to cut logs..
\

Jayco

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swamplord

Had one of my kids do that, he was a hooker.

He came over on a Friday after work and asked me to watch his son, he was going out, a single father of a 2 year old.

I was like WTF, this guy's in bed by 8, off to the woods by 4:30 everyday.
He said it was gonna be a short day, boss wasn't even going to be there, just some easy sweeping up needed done.

He picked up his son around 11pm but he was back at my house before noon the next day, beat to schit.

Said he drove the skidder right off the road with a grapple full of logs.
It rolled 4 times on the way down the hill before it stopped, a steel tool box in the cab was flying around beating the crap out of him.

Soon as it came to rest for some fu_cked up reason he reached up and hit the release which let go of the wad of logs.

The skidder rolled 3 more times.

Them skidders are tuff, no harm done, he got everything back together and came home.

He'd lost the war with the tool box, he was beat and bruised all over. The cab of a skidder 'can be' a pretty safe spot if ya ain't got a bunch of schit laying around.

I busted his chops about his comment the evening before, " and the boss ain't even gonna be there'.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I spent 15 yrs on the riggin. I worked on 110 ft Skagit and Madill towers, Thunderbird and Washington swing yarders. I preferred working as a Rigginslinger, but I could hook tend on any yarder. The riggin seperates the men from the boys.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Had a log drug over me, fortunately in soft duff, I spent 5 days in an induced coma, docs hoping clots wouldn't bust loose into the 'brain' (alleged), one huge bruise head to foot, nurses called me the purple man. Never even broke a single bone. Damn, I used to be so pretty too, made the girls swoon, almost.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1_deuce, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,134
Posts18,483,931
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.