Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
OKMULGEE, Okla. (KFOR) – The Okmulgee Police said they have discovered human remains in their search for four missing men in the area.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The news comes as investigators have been canvassing the area all week looking for 32-year-old Mark Chastain, 30-year-old Billy Chastain, 32-year-old Mike Sparks, and 29-year-old Alex Stevens, who were reported missing on Monday by their families.

The Okmulgee Police Department previously confirmed the four were close friends and were believed to have left Billy Chastain’s house on the west side of Okmulgee on Sunday night, and all were reportedly on bicycles.

The discovery was made before 2p.m. Friday afternoon in a river that goes over Sharp Road, southwest of Okmulgee; a passerby told investigators they noticed something “suspicious” protruding out of the water and called the police.

“Officers responded and discovered what appears to be multiple human remains in the river [but] We don’t know that this is our missing men yet,” said Okmulgee Police Chief Joe Prentice, adding that multiple agencies, including the Oklahoma Highway Patrol Boat Team, were at the river to assist with the recovery process.

Phone data previously suggested that the men may have ridden out of town in the opposite direction of the river, and police said they hadn’t considered the area where the river is located.

“If it turns out that these four missing men are the remains in the river, then the focus of our investigation will shift from finding them to what happened to them [but] if it’s not them, then we’re back to square one,” Prentice continued.

While it is not yet known if the remains found were that of the missing men, Chief Prentice said the decision to inform the families of the men before the remains were positively identified was out of respect.

“We have more questions than answers,” added Prentice in a press conference Friday.

“At this time, we cannot make an identification, but out of respect, we let the families know before it was officially announced.”

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Tweakers. Dope deal gone bad.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Sasquatch got em.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and all were reportedly on bicycles.

a passerby told investigators they noticed something “suspicious” protruding out of the water and called the police.

Damn bicyclists again!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
OKMULGEE, Okla. (KFOR) – The Okmulgee Police said they have discovered human remains in their search for four missing men in the area.

The news comes as investigators have been canvassing the area all week looking for 32-year-old Mark Chastain, 30-year-old Billy Chastain, 32-year-old Mike Sparks, and 29-year-old Alex Stevens, who were reported missing on Monday by their families.

The Okmulgee Police Department previously confirmed the four were close friends and were believed to have left Billy Chastain’s house on the west side of Okmulgee on Sunday night, and all were reportedly on bicycles.

The discovery was made before 2p.m. Friday afternoon in a river that goes over Sharp Road, southwest of Okmulgee; a passerby told investigators they noticed something “suspicious” protruding out of the water and called the police.

“Officers responded and discovered what appears to be multiple human remains in the river [but] We don’t know that this is our missing men yet,” said Okmulgee Police Chief Joe Prentice, adding that multiple agencies, including the Oklahoma Highway Patrol Boat Team, were at the river to assist with the recovery process.

Phone data previously suggested that the men may have ridden out of town in the opposite direction of the river, and police said they hadn’t considered the area where the river is located.

“If it turns out that these four missing men are the remains in the river, then the focus of our investigation will shift from finding them to what happened to them [but] if it’s not them, then we’re back to square one,” Prentice continued.

While it is not yet known if the remains found were that of the missing men, Chief Prentice said the decision to inform the families of the men before the remains were positively identified was out of respect.

“We have more questions than answers,” added Prentice in a press conference Friday.

“At this time, we cannot make an identification, but out of respect, we let the families know before it was officially announced.”

Sunday choir boys ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Tweakers and homeless guys (big overlap) commonly ride bicycles now, and around here of late they’re mostly Spanish-speaking foreign Nationals.

Kinda sucks, makes me more of a target riding around after dark, my bicycle is a valued commodity.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably blocking the road on their bikes and came out 2nd place.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who'd a thunk it!
I live in Okra-homo! I could go missing from this state and never cry! LOL!
What am I thinking?
I came up here from Texas!
I've killed more deer, bigger deer and better bucks in 20 years up here than I did in Texas in 52 years!
...but the whole damned state is a humongous meth lab.
Lady that runs the local convenience store was once charged with hauling a dead body around for 3 days! They couldn't find a crime, so she walked! 🤯

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Who'd a thunk it!
I live in Okra-homo! I could go missing from this state and never cry! LOL!
What am I thinking?
I came up here from Texas!
I've killed more deer, bigger deer and better bucks in 20 years up here than I did in Texas in 52 years!
...but the whole damned state is a humongous meth lab.
Lady that runs the local convenience store was once charged with hauling a dead body around for 3 days! They couldn't find a crime, so she walked! 🤯

Between all the Rez folks and the black gangs in OKC & Tulsa, I’m SHOCKED! Not. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Sunday choir boys ?

Look kinda rough.

Who knows.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Four 30 year old men riding bikes after dark.

Nope, nothing suspicious about that at all. Probably going fishing.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Morewood

People on bikes here have lost their license due to DUI.

I am MAGA.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Sounds like a real life situation like in that fictional series Ozark

Last edited by flagstaff; 10/15/22.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Tweakers and homeless guys (big overlap) commonly ride bicycles now, and around here of late they’re mostly Spanish-speaking foreign Nationals. . .

The thieves and the dopers around here all ride bicycles.
There was a heroin dealer/user across the way that was
also a sort of bicycle broker in a bassakwards way.
They have those big u-bolt bike locks that they use as
their weapons, kinda like the psuedo skateboarders
use their stuff as an impact weapon. ( doesn't work
too well on a kid with an AR huh? Woops . . . )

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

They don’t ride Mopeds like Flave ? 😂😂😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Sounds like a real life situation like in that fictional series Ozark

LOL !

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
MLC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Wouldn’t doubt if fentanyl was involved.

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Jim, do they put snow tires on their bikes in the winter time?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Oldman03

Jim, do they put snow tires on their bikes in the winter time?

Hahaha!

I will ask!

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Looks like a win to me.

Could we possibly get lucky and send away 4 more distinguished citizens for their murders?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

732 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16Racing, 69 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,844
Posts18,478,277
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.