Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Like their ain't any drug involvement...
Someone or someone,s did in them 4 dipschits...
They got what they deserved from whomever....

Fuuk em..
Chances are some of em had bullschit SSI disabilty pay and all of em had EBT cards..

Save about 1/100th of a cent on what I'm gonna owe unca peckerhead for taxes this year is how I look at it with them 4 dead.

šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Last edited by renegade50; 10/16/22.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by smokepole
So in your estimation, a biker needs to ride all the way over to the side amidst the gravel and debris even with no traffic on the road? And moving over when a car or truck approaches should piss off the driver?

In my estimation you are looking for a pi$$ing match šŸ™‚

Iā€™m just quoting Paul who may be hacked a present.

You donā€™t ride in traffic anyhoo, ā€˜cause you too know it ainā€™t if, itā€™s when šŸ˜‰

I think we've been through this once before. I do ride on the road to get to and from various trails. I think you knew that. Just had a flat tire on the road last night as a matter of fact.

As far as "looking for a pissing match," no I'm not. Just calling a spade a spade.

You're not very good at those anyway, dollars to donuts you ain't the coach of the HS debate team.

And this is priceless:

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Iā€™m just quoting Paul who may be hacked a present.

You're taking a jab at a guy who's not even posting on this thread and I'm the one who's looking for a pissing match. Hilarious.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well I expect Paul will be back directly after he gets in hacked if such is indeed the case.

I cited Paul exactly, from his own words. In your own case youā€™re more interested in put downs <ā€œshrugā€>

Iā€™ve flatted on a number of different tire brands over the previous nine years and 20-25,000 miles. I do spend a lot of time far right or off the asphalt entirely so roadside debris is frequent. Iā€™ve had my best luck on Schwalbes, the German brand.

Just now Iā€™m on 700x35 Schwalbe Marathon Mondials, ainā€™t flatted at all in three years and maybe 5,000 miles. I dunno that Mondials come in the width you might be riding on but anything top of the line Schwalbe is good.

https://www.schwalbetires.com/

Thing is tho, if youā€™re on premium tires, IME anything that does get through most often totals the tire. I carry a couple of dollar bills in my toolkit to fold up and use as a temporary patch over the tear in the tire to get me home.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Certainly donā€™t look like serious cyclists to me! Hmmmm.
Yep!
No Spandex! laugh

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Who'd a thunk it!
I live in Okra-homo! I could go missing from this state and never cry! LOL!
What am I thinking?
I came up here from Texas!
I've killed more deer, bigger deer and better bucks in 20 years up here than I did in Texas in 52 years!
...but the whole damned state is a humongous meth lab.
Lady that runs the local convenience store was once charged with hauling a dead body around for 3 days! They couldn't find a crime, so she walked! šŸ¤Æ

How long have you lived in McCurtain County?

Last edited by JoeBob; 10/16/22.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Noodlers.

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
nypost.com

Police on Monday confirmed that the bodies pulled from an Oklahoma river last week were the four missing bicyclists ā€” and revealed that the men had been shot and dismembered while on their way to commit a crime.

Okmulgee Police Chief Joe Prentice said the human remains pulled from the Deep Fork River on Friday belonged to Mark Chastain, 32, his brother Billy Chastain, 30, Mike Sparks, 32, and Alex Stevens, 29.

He said authorities believe that the cyclists had been in the process of committing a crime when they went missing on a bike ride from one of their houses last Sunday evening.

ā€œWe believe the men planned to commit some kind of criminal act when they left the resident on West 6th Street,ā€ Prentice told reporters.

ā€œThat belief is based on information supplied by a witness who reports they were invited to go with the men to ā€˜hit a lickā€™ big enough for all of them,ā€ he said, using slang for obtaining money illegally.

One of the victimsā€™ phones last pinged at a salvage yard owned by a person of interest in the case, Joe Kennedy, officials said.

The men planned to ā€œhit a lick,ā€ slang for obtaining money illegally, Okmulgee Police Chief Joe Prentice said.

A search of a nearby scrap yard turned up evidence of a ā€œviolent event,ā€ and police were looking to speak to Kennedy, who had been interviewed by cops Friday before going missing a day later, police said.

Kennedy was not considered a suspect, but was possibly suicidal, according to Prentice.

Local, state and federal investigators said they believed they pulled the last of the victimsā€™ dismembered body parts from the river Monday morning.

Prentice said the remains had likely been in the water since last Sunday and were not weighed down. The victimsā€™ bicycles had not been recovered, nor had a murder weapon, according to police.

ā€œI did speak with the family members,ā€ Prentice said. ā€œI think they had already resolved themselves that this was their loved ones, but the additional information about dismemberment was obviously a shock and they were very distraught.ā€

ā€œIā€™ve worked over 80 murders in my career. I have worked murders involving multiple victims. I have worked dismemberments. But this case involves the highest number of victims and itā€™s a very violent event. So I canā€™t say Iā€™ve never worked anything like it, but itā€™s right up there at the top.ā€

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
4 less thugs in the world.

No loss.

MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A cop in the town where I attended high school found a local drug dealer shot and sunk in his pickup truck at the end of a boat launching ramp. He called it a "public service murder"- - - - -saved the community a bunch of money to jail and feed the scumbag for the rest of his miserable life!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/17/us/oklahoma-bodies-river.html

Four Friends Missing in Oklahoma Found Dismembered, Police Say

A witness had been invited to join the men to ā€œhit a lick big enough for all of them,ā€ or to engage in some kind of criminal behavior, a police chief said on Monday.

By Michael Levenson
Oct. 17, 2022
Updated 5:48 p.m. ET
The mysterious disappearance of four friends in Oklahoma took a grim turn on Monday after the police confirmed that their remains had been found in a river after they had been fatally shot and then dismembered.

Joe Prentice, the police chief in Okmulgee, a city of about 11,000 people about 40 miles south of Tulsa, said at a news conference on Monday that the remains had been identified as those of Mark Chastain, 32; Billy Chastain, 30; Mike Sparks, 32; and Alex Stevens, 29, all of Okmulgee. The chief said the Chastains were brothers.

Chief Prentice said that investigators believed the men had planned to ā€œcommit some type of criminal actā€ after they left Billy Chastainā€™s home on Okmulgeeā€™s west side around 8 p.m. on Oct. 9. All four were reportedly riding bicycles, the police said.

Their plan to engage in criminal activity was based on information from a witness who had been invited to join the men to ā€œhit a lick big enough for all of them,ā€ the chief said, quoting the witness.

ā€œThat is common terminology for engaging in some type of criminal behavior, but we do not know what they were planning or where they planned to do it,ā€ he added.

The men had been reported missing last week after they left Billy Chastainā€™s home, the police said.

Mark Chastainā€™s wife, Jessica, told 2 News Oklahoma last week that her husband had parked his car at a house owned by the Chastain family on Sunday. The four men often spent time there, she said.

ā€œThey donā€™t go far ā€” never,ā€ Ms. Chastain told the news station.

On Friday, a passer-by noticed something suspicious in the Deep Fork River, leading investigators to find what appeared to be human remains protruding from the water.

But it wasnā€™t until Monday that the police confirmed the identities of the remains. Chief Prentice said it took some time to make the identification because all four had gunshot wounds and had apparently been dumped in the river after they were dismembered.

Chief Prentice said that the police were looking for the owner of a local salvage yard, Joe Kennedy, whom he described as a ā€œperson of interestā€ in the investigation. Mr. Kennedyā€™s salvage yard is next to a property where investigators discovered ā€œevidence of a violent event,ā€ the chief said, without elaborating.

He said that a signal from Mark Chastainā€™s cellphone had pinged at and around the salvage yard. No charges have been filed and the cause and manner of the deaths have yet to be determined, the chief said.

When Mr. Kennedy spoke to investigators on Friday, he denied knowing the men, Chief Prentice said, adding that he had no reason to believe the men had any relationship with Mr. Kennedy. On Saturday, Mr. Kennedy was reported missing and he may be suicidal, the chief said.

There was no immediate response on Monday afternoon to a text message sent to a number listed for a salvage yard under Mr. Kennedyā€™s name. Later Monday, the chief said that Mr. Kennedyā€™s car had been found ā€œabandonedā€ behind a business in Morris, Okla., about six miles east of Okmulgee.

Investigators have not recovered the gun used in the killings, Chief Prentice said. They also have not yet found the bicycles that the men had reportedly been riding.

ā€œUnfortunately, I have no description of the bicycles,ā€ Chief Prentice said. ā€œAt least one, and we believe all, of the boys had multiple bicycles, and thereā€™s no way to know which ones they were on.ā€

Chief Prentice said that the investigation was continuing and that the police were waiting for cellphone records and had requested video surveillance from businesses in the area. He said his best guess was that the menā€™s remains were dumped in the river on the night of Oct. 9 or the morning of Oct. 10.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Surprised they and their bicycles weren't fed to the metal crusher or grinder if it happened in a salvage yard.

Or, is "salvage yard" Oklahoma-ese for a tweeker's back 40?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Them boys went out to "hit a lick." They didn't look like they were collecting for the Salvation Army.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chief Prentice said that the police were looking for the owner of a local salvage yard, Joe Kennedy, whom he described as a ā€œperson of interestā€ in the investigation. Mr. Kennedyā€™s salvage yard is next to a property where investigators discovered ā€œevidence of a violent event,ā€ the chief said, without elaborating.

wonder if the old boy caught them and shot them, then panicked and tried to hide the bodies?

Last edited by Sycamore; 10/17/22.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Surprised they and their bicycles weren't fed to the metal crusher or grinder if it happened in a salvage yard.

Or, is "salvage yard" Oklahoma-ese for a tweeker's back 40?

Most likely scenario.

Sounds like an episode of Netflixā€™s ā€œOzarkā€

Like Barry said, no great loss. Just 4 less thugs off the street.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/17/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sycamore

wonder if the old boy caught them and shot them, then panicked and tried to hide the bodies?

Don't sound like he panicked at all, just took care of the business at hand. Like we should all be doing now that the politicians have shut the police dept down and we're on our own.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Relatives should be along shortly to tell us that while they may have made some bad choices in the past, they were really great guys who would do anything for anyone and had recently really turned their lives around.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Their pitbulls will be taken to the local animal shelter for adoption.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ā€œhit a lick big enough for all of them,ā€

Sounds more like they ran into John Wick.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Who'd a thunk it!
I live in Okra-homo! I could go missing from this state and never cry! LOL!
What am I thinking?
I came up here from Texas!
I've killed more deer, bigger deer and better bucks in 20 years up here than I did in Texas in 52 years!
...but the whole damned state is a humongous meth lab.
Lady that runs the local convenience store was once charged with hauling a dead body around for 3 days! They couldn't find a crime, so she walked! šŸ¤Æ

How long have you lived in McCurtain County?

Right side of the state, too far east. We're over in wheat country.
South of Chickasha.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Some of these "salvage yards" buy stolen cat converters. I wonder if the four guys learned that there was a crate full of these stolen cats down there, they went in to steal them and the owner caught them and shot them down.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

728 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16Racing, 65 invisible), 2,871 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,844
Posts18,478,302
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.