-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I’ve always used Discount Tire but never ordered tires online. Just wondering if that creates any hassle getting them installed. My ‘06 Silverado needs new shoes and tire prices are outrageous like everything else today. Might have to do some online shopping.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Why would anyone pay to get tires mounted and balanced? Been doing it myself for 60 years!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are you really that stupid?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'VE had good luck also. Discount Tire.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wal-Mart online. Have never had a order issue, always received within 10 days.
Shipped to store, mounted, balanced there also.

Last edited by 5spd; 10/17/22.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I have used Tire Rack once when no one had the tires I wanted locally. These were Firestone tires and they shipped to my Firestone dealer and they installed. The whole process went well and the cost was within a few dollars of what it would have been locally.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
If you’re a Sam’s Club member, they’re the best place to get tires.
Our Honda CR-V wore out the original tires in 27,000 miles. We’re in the St. Louis,MO area till tomorrow and the tires are waiting for us when we get back to Michigan. Sam’s Club is the low price leader.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you don't have a Discount Tire Store close by, they will send them to whichever installer they have listed that is close to your location.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Yeah, I’ve always used Discount Tire but never ordered tires online. Just wondering if that creates any hassle getting them installed. My ‘06 Silverado needs new shoes and tire prices are outrageous like everything else today. Might have to do some online shopping.

I have ordered several sets of tires online. Problem is local shops hate to mount them and if they do they gouge you. So I bought a Harbor Freight manual tire mounting contraption and I use glass beads in the tire to balance them... saved me hundreds of $

My luck with Walmart online was beyond horrible and as others have said Tire Rack isn't the way to go anymore, several other less known online sellers with great prices and service

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have bought 2 sets from Walmart.com. good experience.and good price on them. Had them installed at Walmart tire center.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
tiresbyweb.com I have bought from them for 15 years. Prompt shipping to your house.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I’ve used simple tire, discount tire direct, Amazon and tire rack. Never an issue with any of them

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I bought 4 or 5 sets from Discount tire Direct over the years, free shipping and a lot cheaper than any of the local tire stores. I take mine to WallyWorld for mounting & balancing, and then free tire rotation is included.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Amazon is anti gun...

Walmart sells guns (albeit the selection really sucks anymore).

Walmart also beats Amazon on price 95% of the time...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Been kinda wondering about the online thing.
Need a new set of 31 10.50 15,s myself.

OEM size is 265 75r 15.
Wally world saying they cant install the 31,s
OEM game I have ran into before up their with Khanarella cars...

Wanted to rub some schit in their face knowing what would happen just to show them their policy is fuuuuking stooopid.

Ok
Smart phone comes out .
Little Google fu I had already done and knew fast where to find the info
Show me the dimension diffs mr manager.
Oh my...
Lookee at that some of the specs for 31,s are smaller than the 265,s and vice versa.

Morons....
F U...

I dont know if that bullschit policy is just around here or nationwide.
But it is fuuuking stoopid as fuuuk AFAIC...

We got a discount tire in town and they give a 5% mil discount.
Havent been over their yet to see if they play the dumbazz OEM game...
If I have to balance and mount em myself up on the auto craft shop on post so be it...
Ain't the 1st time I have gone up their to put on tires over the past couple of decades...
They got the mount dismount machine and the spin balancer.
Just have one of the guys give me a quick refresher hands on with 1st and GTG from their.

Last edited by renegade50; 10/18/22.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Walmart only mounts tire sizes per the door placard. No exception!

Unless you know Jimmy and slip him some cash...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My experience with buying tires and mounting at Walmart was okay except for the 'Free Rotation'... which is at their convenience, not the customer's... If they are busy, paying customer's vehicles come first.

Bought tires from them, took my vehicle back for a oil and filter change and the 'Free' tire rotation 3 - 4 months later. They changed oil and filter, but then parked my vehicle back outside. Thinking they were done I went to auto center desk to pay and leave and was told oil and filter change was done but not free tire rotation. Already there for over almost 2 hours and seeing several vehicles that came in well after I did get processed, I asked what was up with that...? Was told paying jobs get taken care of first. Paid for oil / filter change, asked for my keys, and left without 'free' tire rotation. Haven't bought tires from Walmart since...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have been getting tires through Costco last few years . When shipping, mount, balance are taken into consideration they are the best deal I’ve found. Also they have a good warranty and free rotation for life if the tires. Also very convenient. I’m way past the point in life where I want to devote very much time and effort into saving a hundred bucks or so on a $1000 purchase.

Mathew 22: 37-39

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by joken2
My experience with buying tires and mounting at Walmart was okay except for the 'Free Rotation'... which is at their convenience, not the customer's... If they are busy, paying customer's vehicles come first.

Bought tires from them, took my vehicle back for a oil and filter change and the 'Free' tire rotation 3 - 4 months later. They changed oil and filter, but then parked my vehicle back outside. Thinking they were done I went to auto center desk to pay and leave and was told oil and filter change was done but not free tire rotation. Already there for over almost 2 hours and seeing several vehicles that came in well after I did get processed, I asked what was up with that...? Was told paying jobs get taken care of first. Paid for oil / filter change, asked for my keys, and left without 'free' tire rotation. Haven't bought tires from Walmart since...
That is fuuuked up...
Rotate take 10 mins max with a balance 20 mins...
Their road hazard is only good for the tire purchased then ya gotta buy new road hazard for the replacement tire....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tdbob
I've used Tirerack.com. a couple of times not the cheapest option, but I got what I wanted.

Same here

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 1936M71, 160user, 22250rem, 47 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,709
Posts18,475,378
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.