Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
First loaded round for the grand son's Grendel, 100 gr. Partition, we will get sighted in next week, raining right now (which we need badly)!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Seems like it’s getting extremely popular for a kids first rifle. Good luck to you guys.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks good!

What rifle is he using?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Looks good! My stepson shot his first deer during last falls September youth hunt with my CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel with a factory 123 SST. I like that rifle and cartridge a lot.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I like your confidence Sir, load one round and shoot it before loading another. 😁

The best of luck to your grandson.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I was planning on shooting a group today also, maybe in a day or two.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That should work!
The Grendel is a sweet little round. I've banged steel out past 600 yards with mine.
Great CF round to start the young ones on.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Looks good!

What rifle is he using?
Howa Mini, cut the plastic stock down to fit him, will get something else when he grows a bit.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I like your confidence Sir, load one round and shoot it before loading another. 😁

The best of luck to your grandson.

He was coming down to finish up the online Hunter Safety Course and I wanted to have him a loaded round ready to paw. He helped me deprime, resize and clean the brass, but I wanted him to see a loaded round.

I got bullets in Friday (Thanks to Doc Holidude for turning me on to Grice) and have the cases ready to prime and load with him one afternoon this week. Will hit my range with him next weekend to sight in and start practicing.

Got him a Lifetime Hunting license the day he was born...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That lifetime license is an awesome gift. They were offered here in MI years ago when I was a teenager. I didn’t have the money to buy one but it would have payed for itself several times over even with the limited hunting that I do.

I can’t imagine a better gift than that for a grandfather to buy his grandson.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sounds like a great setup for a kid.

The lifetime hunting license is a wonderful gift for a newborn here in Tennessee. My kids have them, and if they ever have kids, they’ll get them as well.

Hopefully he’ll get a shot at a nice buck when juvenile season rolls around. There’s nothing more fun than seeing how excited a kid gets when shooting their first deer.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The lifetime hunting license is a great idea. The Grendel is great for young shooters.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Guns still shoot in the rain.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I have a cover at the range, so rain is not an issue, but it was a lack of enough ammo. He had football games yesterday and I was off doing politics in Middle TN, so I will finish getting 10 rounds done and we will get zeroed and shoot for group, see if my seating depth is right and if this load groups well, then to load a bunch.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by worriedman
I have a cover at the range, so rain is not an issue, but it was a lack of enough ammo. He had football games yesterday and I was off doing politics in Middle TN, so I will finish getting 10 rounds done and we will get zeroed and shoot for group, see if my seating depth is right and if this load groups well, then to load a bunch.

I could tell you a story about seating depth. 🤨🤨

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I’d like to hear it.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
That kid is fortunate! Good luck the both of you this season and beyond.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
An old gunsmith buddy of mine, rest his soul, had a guy call him about teaching his son to shoot.
When Mitch arrived at the range, a guy resembling a NFL defensive lineman was standing at the shooting bench. His son, a 13 year old weighing about a buck sat at the bench.
When Mitch walked up to the bench, the double-Y chromosome ape told the kid, "Shoot the gun."
The kid snugged up to the gun and pulled the trigger!
His cap flew off! The muzzle blast created a dust cloud that just kinda sat there in the still, east Texas air.
Mitch picked up the rifle.
Weatherby .300 Wby Mag.
Pop was taking son on his first Colorado mule deer hunt.

"First thing you have to do is get this kid a gun he can shoot." Mitch said.

The guy relented, bought the kid a .243 Win. Mitch worked with the kid about a month.
Kid killed a damned nice mulie!

I applaud you for getting a kid a caliber he can handle and is fully capable of taking deer.
Kudos!
May he hunt with it for many years!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gregintenn

I’d like to hear it.
Me too, always up tp learn.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What powder are you using?

I had by best luck with 2520

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 22250rem, 2500HD, 1badf350, 47 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,691
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.