Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A full Brisket has been my weak spot, Don’t really have the ideal equipment for a 14 or 16 hour cook,

Here’s what I have, A 22 inch Weber Kettle grill and a Masterbuilt electric smoker,

Last attempt with the Weber was with charcoal using the snake method, I’ve used the snake method before but for some reason that night with the Packer the snake did not burn as expected, it went out half way around, not sure why but snake bit (pun) about doing that again.

So, 5 or 6 hours in the Weber, 275 is possible with all vents closed I believe, and then finish off in the Electric?

Interior rack space of the Electric is limited, about 12 by 14 inches, so there’s that issue.

Or look into a faster higher cook time?

Is 8 hours in the Weber doable? I’ve seen a few videos using higher and quicker temps, just don’t seem right…

looking for ideas folks, thinking about getting a pellet smoker, But they seem to appease half of their owners also.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Dumb Ass,

Use the Weber to get your smoke. You can easily get and keep a Weber at 250. You can also maintain that temp even longer by adding charcoal.

But since you’re too fugking dumb to figure that out, wrap and finish in an oven.

You don’t do the snake method to test a brisket. You use the fork method.

Now throw this information in the trash like you always do and go make your dog schit brisket.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Dumb Ass,

Use the Weber to get your smoke. You can easily get and keep a Weber at 250. You can also maintain that temp even longer by adding charcoal.

But since you’re too fugking dumb to figure that out, wrap and finish in an oven.

Now throw this information in the trash like you always do and go make your dog schit brisket.

LOL, you are something……

I used the snake method with the charcoal to cook the brisket, not test it.

You can add more charcoal? Damn, they really should have directions on those Kingsford bags…………..

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The snake will work. Might have to re-stock more charcoal in the middle or near the end of the cook.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Dumb Ass,

LOL, you are something……

You can add more charcoal? Damn, they really should have directions on those Kingsford bags…………..

Pellet smokers are for gay men.

Which means you really need a pellet smoker.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=deflave]Dumb Ass,

LOL, you are something……

Pellet smokers are for gay men.

Which means you really need a pellet smoker.

LOL

Well then, which pellet smoker do you have?

Be really cool to have the same smoker has my pal ‘flaver……….

LOL.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
But seriously, lets say 15 lb Packer,

Weber @ 275ish

How many cook hours?

Or 300, 8 to 10 hours possible?

Ain’t into overnight cooks.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Weber @ 275ish

How many cook hours?

If you ain't into overnight cooks or 2 AM wakeups, don't cook a packer unless you want to learn the hot method of cooking briskets which isn't what you are asking about until this post.

You can cook brisket hot for sure but the meat tells you when it's done not your schedule. At 275-300 I'd give it 40-55 minutes a pound but meat quality is [bleep] on average these days and cooking times are all over the place....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Get up at 4 am and put it on . Go back to bed

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have a Lang smoker. I have tried all the stop gap measures. A good smoker is your friend.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Weber @ 275ish

How many cook hours?

LMAO.

Stick to Johnsonville, retard.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I smoke mine at about 225 for about 3-4 hours until I get the color I want, then I wrap and finish until I hit 195 internal temp. Let it rest at least 1 hour (longer is better) and then slice and enjoy. It usually take me about 8 or 9 hour to smoke a whole brisket

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by pullit; 10/18/22.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hard to find a full Packer around here. All the stores want to trim all the fat off.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The way a lot of stores trim them (or at least the ones I have seen) will make them hard to smoke without drying them out. Also they want crazy money per pound for the "trimmed" ones

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i have cooked plenty beef briskets i prefer now to use a white church type oven cooker at 180 degrees for 6 -8 hrs. when meat reaches 165-170 degrees i put on a plate to cool for hour or so wrap up. when i start meat in the cooker meat is on a grate with fat side up , i put 1/2 inch water under it with some liquid smoke in water and a little on top of brisket too .my seasonings on the Brisket is onion salt ,fresh ground pepper, paprika , plenty worchester sauce .i put small red tatoes and carrots in the 1/2 inch of water and above on the top of brisket lots of cabbage leaves maybe a head or two cut up. then when we are ready to eat i will slice the meat like real thick bacon and enjoy ! my briskets are from my Angus beef corn fed small pen beef , my briskets might not look as pretty as a grilled one but it taste better and is tender pink and rare and never burned either .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
A packer brisket is two different muscles commonly called the point and the flat. In competition the point is generally used only for burnt ends and the flat is the main slicing part of the brisket. So my question is why are you so intent on cooking a whole packer on the very basic equipment, rather buy a nice flat that will accommodate your Webber?

Dave
Life Member NRA
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FLPanhandle
A packer brisket is two different muscles commonly called the point and the flat. In competition the point is generally used only for burnt ends and the flat is the main slicing part of the brisket. So my question is why are you so intent on cooking a whole packer on the very basic equipment, rather buy a nice flat that will accommodate your Webber?

Legit question, Hard to find a shop that sells only the flat, Then last time after considerable driving to a butcher shop that would sell a flat, they wrapped it in back and handed it to me, got home and found the flat completely trimmed, I actually created a post here about this event maybe 2 years ago,

Anyway I did smoke that flat and it was ‘ok’…. Some more fat would most likely have helped and honestly I don’t know if I bought a select, choice or prime….Then the kicker was the price I recall 7 or 8 bucks a lb for the flat when whole packers were only about 3 bucks a lb,

Seem to make more sense to buy the whole packer for the same price of the smaller flat with less fat and less flavor.

So I bought a whole packer and has I said above middle of the night my charcoal for some reason went out, managed to save the brisket but lots of tacos if you know what I mean…….

So, looking for the redemption tour on a whole packer, could do a flat again and specifically state I ‘ll trim it…..

Dunno, it’s the challenge and the eternal quest for a really good brisket that drives us….

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buy a full packer and split the point and the flat yourself and cook separately...........or smoke the flat and grind the point into burger.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I;m not against the idea of splitting the packer and cook each individually,

But have little interest in grinding anything.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,462
Posts18,529,152
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.