Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I am not trying to start a fight or ridicule anyone but when I hear of an accident, illness, or something unfortunate happening to someone . I often read people stating ( I will pray for them) So if the creator is all knowing one would assume he or she knew in advance of the accident or injury, how would praying change the outcome of the situation. It was part of God's plan to begin with.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Let us know when we start living as HE says.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by killahog
I am not trying to start a fight or ridicule anyone but when I hear of an accident, illness, or something unfortunate happening to someone . I often read people stating ( I will pray for them) So if the creator is all knowing one would assume he or she knew in advance of the accident or injury, how would praying change the outcome of the situation. It was part of God's plan to begin with.

Don’t overlook the matter of humans having free will. He gives us a set of rules to live by and the rest is left up to us to follow or not.

Imploring his aid and blessings are never bad things.

Jmo

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Thank you for your response Houston

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Luke 18:1-8
Parable of the Persistent Widow
One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up. “There was a judge in a certain city,” he said, “who neither feared God nor cared about people. A widow of that city came to him repeatedly, saying, ‘Give me justice in this dispute with my enemy.’ The judge ignored her for a while, but finally he said to himself, ‘I don’t fear God or care about people, but this woman is driving me crazy. I’m going to see that she gets justice, because she is wearing me out with her constant requests!’”
Then the Lord said, “Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don’t you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?”

1 John 5:13-15
I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life. And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.

It’s all about Leadership.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Hahaha. From the POS, Houston_2, who supports those who kill those who HE named in their mothers wombs.

From the POS who supported Zero, who voted 3 times to leave unwanted babies on cold steel tables until they died in hospital delivery rooms.

You POS, may GOD have mercy on your lying POS corksucking soul.

Tff. You can't make this schiett up.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/19/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
MSmitty , I was unaware of that scripture but that is reasonable . Thanks

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
killahog;
Good evening to you sir, I hope that the day went well overall for you.

When I say I'll pray for someone regardless of the situation, I am first and foremost praying that all concerned be given an extra measure of peace to deal with whatever it is God's will in their lives turns out to be. As you say, God's plan or will, will be done.

We, well I for sure anyways, do not know what that will is most times, if ever.

Most of us are going to go through some pretty tough times and some of us will go though horrific experiences, sometimes only scarred and sometimes not surviving. None of us, I don't believe, are likely to get out of this alive truly, are we?

The tough times, the trying experiences that we encounter, can - if we let it - bring us to a closer relationship with God.

Maybe by praying, we're asking for that essentially? A better understanding of what we're supposed to do as servants and perhaps a better glimpse of who God is as it relates to us?

Hopefully that was useful to you or someone out there.

All the best and good hunting.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 10/19/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A hopeless man... with no understanding... will always ask the most naked of questions.

This is where answers begin...

For some.

These are Prayers.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by BC30cal
killahog;

When I say I'll pray for someone regardless of the situation, I am first and foremost praying that all concerned be given an extra measure of peace to deal with whatever it is God's will in their lives turns out to be. As you say, God's plan or will, will be done.

Most of us are going to go through some pretty tough times and some of us will go though horrific experiences, sometimes only scarred and sometimes not surviving. None of us, I don't believe, are likely to get out of this alive truly, are we?

The tough times, the trying experiences that we encounter, can - if we let it - bring us to a closer relationship with God.

Maybe by praying, we're asking for that essentially? A better understanding of what we're supposed to do as servants and perhaps a better glimpse of who God is as it relates to us?

Dwayne

Me too.

Peace and strength.

Not so much understanding, because His plan is beyond my ability to understand, but rather acceptance that He loves me and His plan is perfect. It might seem like a poop sandwich at the time, but the plan isn’t for me to understand.

So peace, strength, and acceptance.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BC30cal
killahog;

Dwayne

Excellent explanation - I often see prayers for others as being a means of expressing our care for others rather than an expectation that our wishes be met. (As always, a poor expression of my thoughts, but the best that I can do.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I do , daily...or several times a day.
It is about my relationship with my maker.
The results are up to him, however.
Humans don't really know what is good for the situation, our Lord does. It is about our relationship..

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Thank you Dwayne, that was a. very thoughtful explanation .

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Because he is our father and he listens to the cries of his children

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We are expected to do God’s work, here on earth. Praying for those in need is part of that, as is physically helping out where necessary. This is important stuff that shouldn’t be overlooked.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killahog
So if the creator is all knowing one would assume he or she knew in advance of the accident or injury, how would praying change the outcome of the situation. It was part of God's plan to begin with.
Dwaynes’s response is top-notch, as his responses typically are.

One promise Jesus made that we don’t like is that we would have suffering in this world. We were promised suffering. It’s part of living in a broken world. Is it easier to accept this when it happens to the lives of others instead of ours...? Yes it is. But it doesn’t change the reality of Jesus’ promise. But He also promised…as difficult and insurmountable as it may seem at the time…that we can obtain peace, and encourages us to still have hope because He has overcome this world in which we will have trouble.

We do not have to be afraid or dismayed, even when there’s something to be afraid of or dismayed because of, because Jesus is with us...and we need not fear anything or be dismayed...because we have been invited to submit ourselves and surrender our fears and disheartenment to a God who loves us, who is with us, who’s not surprised by anything that’s happening to us or in our lives, and will walk with us through it.

If any of us lacks wisdom or perspective concerning these hardships, we can ask God, and it will be given to us. That’s a promise.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MegaMehg
Better than anything I can add.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
This text supports some of the answers given.

James 1:5-8

[5] If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. [6] But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. [7] For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; [8] he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Friend of mine just got his daughter out of the hospital after a month when a someone crossed lanes and hit her head on. The guy wont stop talking about the power of prayer now. He's never been so close to God as he is now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (160user, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 1234, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,084 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,693
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.