Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Been shown the door at the Toyota dealer service department. It's easy, all you gotta do is ask to see the parts they replaced. Anyone can do it. And my proudest moment in an otherwise humdrum existence....refused service and asked to leave DMV for protesting a late penalty after their office was closed during the early days of covid.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slowtrollr
Went to the eye doc the other day… they are still wearing paper masks and ask me if I had one. Nope, I was advised I needed one, told her those paper ones are junk and don’t work and they didn’t say a word. I never wore one the entire time… I could feel the holes from their eyes burning threw me… lol. [bleep] em.

Our local “city” had a mandate back in 2020. Went to the eye doc there. Get to the exam room. He closes door. Takes off his mask. “This is a mask free area”. Then he goes on a rant about city government having too much power.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Those fiction writing courses from the Community College are paying off!

Excellent story!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
As I’ve gotten older I just refuse to compromise. I don’t get mad. I don’t cuss anyone or anything. I just turn around and leave without a word.

I refuse to pay for something that isn’t exactly what I want. If I go into a convenience store and they don’t have the drink I want, I don’t reward them for it by buying something else. If the drive through person doesn’t listen and interrupts me while I am telling her exactly what I want, I drive off. If someone won’t do what I ask them to I simply leave. Stores that asked me to mask back during the pandemic, saw me immediately turn around and walk out.

In the end, it’s my money and practically no one has anything out there that I must have. So, I just don’t deal with people not intent upon providing customer service.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
TRH, were you open carrying? Trigger some sentient left wingism?

Retired cat herder.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by K1500
What’s the significance of a new, unopened bottle of dilation drops?

Cross contamination risk. When the doctor puts drops in a patient's eyes, the reflex of the patient is to blink, which will cause small droplets to fly (Ever put your glasses on right after putting in eye drops? You will soon need to wipe your lenses from the droplets due to your blinking), which then contact the head of the dispenser. Whatever germs were in your eyes will now enter the eyes of the next patient. It's why you don't share your Visine bottle with anyone.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ribka
I’d go to the 711 and give her a proper scolding
Not following. Is there a site called 711 for rating local businesses?

"Patel" owners of convenience stores
[smacks forehead][/smacks forehead]

Wow! Missed that completely. grin

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Those fiction writing courses from the Community College are paying off!

Excellent story!
I wish. Certainly didn't need to waste an afternoon.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by g5m
TRH, were you open carrying? Trigger some sentient left wingism?
Nope. I'm very discrete.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Your first clue should have been that the optometrist’s office was located in a run down motel on the bad side of town.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
They own all the motels, too. The US Government gave them sweetheart deals on cheap business loans (not available to non-immigrant Americans), Guaranteed by the US Tax Payer, so they used them to buy all the motels up across the country, KFCs, too.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Patel means innkeeper.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nah, they own the motels because they’ll have 500 Indians putting into a pot to buy them and then they’ll all have an interest. And frankly, Americans won’t work hard enough to make a schitty motel or convenience store go.

An Indian family will be there 24/7. Americans won’t do that. They’ll try to hire help and help at that level will steal you blind. Indians will do it and they eventually get rich but I’m not sure it’s worth it. You’re rich but you just spent your life in a [bleep] convenience store paying back four hundred cousins for their $725 contributions.

Last edited by JoeBob; 10/20/22.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw
I just can’t see how that could happen
That's the first time an optometrist has ever asked me to have my eyes dilated for an exam. Is this something new? Anyone else get that request at an optometrist's office? Ophthalmologists do it routinely, but not optometrists, in my experience.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have the option to send a registered letter to the FLA medical board. One letter probably would not result in much but still...

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Your first clue should have been that the optometrist’s office was located in a run down motel on the bad side of town.

Should have been really confirmed when they asked him to take his pants off.

Me

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I’m so done with any and all Dr. Of any kind, I have just found new issues with my heart, so I’m seeing Cardiologist and Hematologist, these Dr. All come from the city to our local hospital so locals don’t have to make three hour drive one way, anyway I have made my mind up next meeting tomorrow when nurses hand me that mask upon coming in, I’m telling everyone in waiting room and staff , I’m paying you, I’m not wearing one, you keep yours on. I am done with all these rules, phone book full of every kind of Dental and Doctors. I hate to be hard , but the next eye roll I see above a mask, going to say something!!

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Nah, they own the motels because they’ll have 500 Indians putting into a pot to buy them and then they’ll all have an interest. And frankly, Americans won’t work hard enough to make a schitty motel or convenience store go.

An Indian family will be there 24/7. Americans won’t do that. They’ll try to hire help and help at that level will steal you blind. Indians will do it and they eventually get rich but I’m not sure it’s worth it. You’re rich but you just spent your life in a [bleep] convenience store paying back four hundred cousins for their $725 contributions.
LOL. This is true. They typically live in the motel room next to the front office, and only use family as maids and such.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Teal

Should have been really confirmed when they asked him to take his pants off.
Are happy endings now a part of an eye exam?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by ribka
I’d go to the 711 and give her a proper scolding
Not following. Is there a site called 711 for rating local businesses?
"Patel" owners of convenience stores
[smacks forehead][/smacks forehead]
Wow! Missed that completely. grin
You know, if you smacked your forehead hard enough you might now have a big red dot on you forehead. whistle
She may like you better now. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, beefan, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,440 guests, and 784 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.