Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I know some Indians that make three or four million a year with a couple of convenience stores. And I mean, that’s profit. They live in nice houses and drive nice cars but they are always there at the stores. The stores have a Subway and their kids will be in there wearing the hair nets and messing around with those schitty clear plastic gloves making crappy sandwiches.

Indians I know don’t really have jobs unless they are doctors. Most of them are entrepreneurs and they always have some kind of hustle going.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My Optometrist is going to work for me next week installing 3500sft vinyl plank in a new house. He sold his practice in Philly PA and moved back here 4 yrs ago. He's semi-retired and pulls a gig at one of the local eye clinics once in a while, He just twisted off the last one and called me up to see if I had any work, he really doesn't even have to work but he gets bored, 55 yrs old. He put himself through college working for me and is a good flooring installer, it helped him pay for Optometrist school up in PA.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I know some Indians that make three or four million a year with a couple of convenience stores. And I mean, that’s profit. They live in nice houses and drive nice cars but they are always there at the stores. The stores have a Subway and their kids will be in there wearing the hair nets and messing around with those schitty clear plastic gloves making crappy sandwiches.

Indians I know don’t really have jobs unless they are doctors. Most of them are entrepreneurs and they always have some kind of hustle going.
They are not stupid people. They have high IQs on average, are hard working in general, and many of them make excellent doctors.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ribka
I’d go to the 711 and give her a proper scolding
Not following. Is there a site called 711 for rating local businesses?

"Patel" owners of convenience stores

And motels.

Don't forget motels.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Folks from India have a very condescending attitude towards white folks, whites are considered servant class in India. My late stepmother had a problem with that kind of attitude and was not shy about telling them about their attitude in no uncertain terms.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Folks from India have a very condescending attitude towards white folks, whites are considered servant class in India.

Interesting considering British influence and how many from India come here to work for us - IT wise or stay in India to set up call centers - work we consider to be pretty entry level - low skill.

Me

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by ribka
I’d go to the 711 and give her a proper scolding
Not following. Is there a site called 711 for rating local businesses?

"Patel" owners of convenience stores
[smacks forehead][/smacks forehead]

Wow! Missed that completely. grin
When they’re born, the dot is scratched off with the edge of a coin. If it’s blue, they get a doctor’s office. If it’s green, a hotel. If it’s red, a convenience store.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Folks from India have a very condescending attitude towards white folks, whites are considered servant class in India. My late stepmother had a problem with that kind of attitude and was not shy about telling them about their attitude in no uncertain terms.
Especially "uneducated" white folks. They pride themselves on the fact that India has more "honor students" than America has students. However, they tend to suck it up and get with the program when the "uneducated" white guy is the one hiring, firing, and paying the going rate for their skill set...

They own all the motels, too. The US Government gave them sweetheart deals on cheap business loans (not available to Americans), Guaranteed by the US Tax Payer, so they used them to buy all the motels up across the country, KFCs, too.
There is also an Indian "mafia" that will make hand shake loans for Indian entrepreneurs. Buy a hotel on a handshake at 10% flat rate interest. Work like a dog to pay off that hotel. Borrow money to buy a second hotel, put first up as collateral. And so on. Everything is cash. Off the books. No taxes. But, if you cross them, bad karma...

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
My eye doc is a shooter, a military aviation buff and knows muscle cars so we get along just fine. Sometimes one of his nurses has to come and get him moving on to the next patient. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Was she hot?

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Soooo...
I geuss the complimentary goodbye blow job was out of the question after all of that drama huh???
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by renegade50; 10/20/22.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No, but I would've been booted from that one if she insisted on doing a procedure that I told her I'd already had taken care of by an ophthalmologist.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I went to the dentist today with my EDC in plain sight...

Great folks... No one cares...

--------------------------------------

Real Estate closing in 2 weeks... same stuff... we will see.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As I’ve gotten older I just refuse to compromise. I don’t get mad. I don’t cuss anyone or anything. I just turn around and leave without a word.

I refuse to pay for something that isn’t exactly what I want. If I go into a convenience store and they don’t have the drink I want, I don’t reward them for it by buying something else. If the drive through person doesn’t listen and interrupts me while I am telling her exactly what I want, I drive off. If someone won’t do what I ask them to I simply leave. Stores that asked me to mask back during the pandemic, saw me immediately turn around and walk out.

In the end, it’s my money and practically no one has anything out there that I must have. So, I just don’t deal with people not intent upon providing customer service.

I agree with that. It's your money and you should get what you want.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by roverboy
As I’ve gotten older I just refuse to compromise. I don’t get mad. I don’t cuss anyone or anything. I just turn around and leave without a word.

I refuse to pay for something that isn’t exactly what I want. If I go into a convenience store and they don’t have the drink I want, I don’t reward them for it by buying something else. If the drive through person doesn’t listen and interrupts me while I am telling her exactly what I want, I drive off. If someone won’t do what I ask them to I simply leave. Stores that asked me to mask back during the pandemic, saw me immediately turn around and walk out.

In the end, it’s my money and practically no one has anything out there that I must have. So, I just don’t deal with people not intent upon providing customer service.

I agree with that. It's your money and you should get what you want.

Yepp... that makes 3 of us...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Nope - but after a 5 month wait to see my opthamologist (I've used him for 30+ years), his receptionist asked (on the way into his office) "You ARE vaccinated, right?"
I said "no" and she said "We can't see you, then."

Took me another 4 months to get into another office.
I'll never darken the door to Dr. Bell's office again. Nor will my wife (She was PIZZED!) laugh laugh laugh
Me too.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just happened to me. First time ever.

Had an appointment this afternoon just to see if my prescription was still the same before I had my scratched lenses replaced. First thing they do is hand me a clipboard with forms to fill out, one of which was a consent to have my eyes dilated for a health exam. I explained to the receptionist that I was just there to have my prescription checked, and that I had an ophthalmologist that I see semi regularly for eye health exams. The receptionist explained that their optometrist insists on a full eye exam, and that requires dilation. I said I'd agree to it, but only from a newly opened bottle (I was always polite, calm, and friendly in demeanor). She said she'd speak to the doctor about that.

Doctor comes out, a Dr. Patel. She invites me in, and I can see she has a major attitude on. Her demeanor was quite annoyed. You could hear it in her voice and see it in her body language. I tried to counter this by being extra courteous and calm with her, but to no avail.

She continued to amp up the attitude, gave me a long angry lecture about why she needs to do a health exam that involves dilation. I assured her that would be fine, as long as she has a new, unopened, bottle of the drops. She said she did (and actually shows it to me, with the seal in place). I told her that there was no problem then, and I would agree to the exam. She then tells me she feels uncomfortable examining me, and would like me to leave and go elsewhere.

This was actually a relief, since the idea of having someone with an angry attitude working with me on something this important didn't particularly appeal to me. I informed the staff outside (very friendly folks), as I left, that I had been booted. They knew, as they overheard the whole thing, as the door was open.

Boy, it's sure gotten complicated getting an exam for new eyeglass lenses lately.

Sounds to me like she did you a favor. Find a new Doctor. I had an old eye doctor that was trying to pump up his finances before he retired, and every time I went there, it was a new test. He had me convinced I had early stage Glaucoma. He retired, and a young Doctor took over his office, and the first thing he told me was, I didn't need any tests because my pressure was high normal and had not changed in years. It kind of made me PO'd, but at least all the testing was paid for, and my eyes have been checked enough for 3 people.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by poboy
Patel means innkeeper.

LOL.

You know why Indian brides have that dot on their forehead ???

The husband scratches it off on the night of the Honeymoon to see if he won a Motel or a 7/11. 😜

😆🤣😂

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/20/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
J went to mine months after the paper mask mandate was lifted and when I walked in they said I needed go be masked up. I hold the receptionist no thanks and please hand me my medical records so I could go elsewhere and see a doctor who had a lick of common sense. She kind of stuttered and I said I’d leave as soon as I got the records so she produced them and I walked out.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Robb10238
J went to mine months after the paper mask mandate was lifted and when I walked in they said I needed go be masked up. I hold the receptionist no thanks and please hand me my medical records so I could go elsewhere and see a doctor who had a lick of common sense. She kind of stuttered and I said I’d leave as soon as I got the records so she produced them and I walked out.

Bingo...

That makes 4 of us that agree on walking away from bullchit "Experts".

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (10gaugemag, 338Rules, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 17,009 guests, and 869 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,179
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.