Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Grizzly Bear Attacks Two Bowhunters In Canada

That is the title of the article, and this is the video, is that a grizz or a color phased black bear? Looks like a color phase to me!

https://countrymusicnation.com/two-bowhunters-capture-bear-attacking-them-on-video

Last edited by KillerBee; 10/24/22.

KB

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
cool video thanks for posting, Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Color phase Black bear sow

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Agreed, neat color though hey?

KB

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yes, good video. Thanks for sharing. I agree with Bee. It looks like a color phase Bear to me.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It was posted on whiskeyriff.com as a Grizzly attack

https://www.whiskeyriff.com/2022/09...he-entire-terrifying-encounter-on-video/

Last edited by KillerBee; 10/24/22.

KB

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Looks like a black bear to me. Interesting though that the cub was exact same color as the sow.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sure are pretty color bears, if that was a Grizz after them, it would not have turned out that well!

KB

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by KillerBee
It was posted on whiskeyriff.com as a Grizzly attack

https://www.whiskeyriff.com/2022/09...he-entire-terrifying-encounter-on-video/

They also posted a video of a color phase blackie killing an elk calf and called it a grizz. Sonebody must have called them out on it because they later changed it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Sure are pretty color bears, if that was a Grizz after them, it would not have turned out that well!

Agreed, A Grizz with cubs would not have turned and run. They would have been in big trouble.

IC B3

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Would have been a dead black bear had I been there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KillerBee;
Good afternoon my cyber friend, I trust you're still avoiding all that snow they got south of you and you're well.

There's a whole bunch of conflicting information for sure there between the title and the location, which they say is "near" Saskatoon.

The last sighting of a grizzly in Saskatchewan was 62 years ago in the Porcupine Hills, which incidentally is more or less where my late father would go moose hunting every fall, east of Hudson Bay and Erwood.

The country looks like it must be in that Shield sort of country which is east of Saskatoon alright, but I maybe wouldn't suggest that it's exactly "near"?

She and the cubs were for sure similar coloration, which we do not see in our part of BC unless they're all straight black phase. I recall one time we saw 3 cubs up a tree and they were perfect chocolate with silver tips, so we thought maybe they were grizzly until mom showed up and was a garden variety black phase.

I'm not sure what triggered her but she must have smelled them or seen one of them move I suspect. Mother bears can be unpredictable in my experience and it's good practice to remember that and be extra cautious around them.

Ground blinds on bait stations where sows and cubs are coming in might not be the best plan? wink

Honestly that's a guess on my part as baiting bears isn't lawful here, so no personal experience with it.

Thanks for the video and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by yukon254
Would have been a dead black bear had I been there.

Me to, a sacrificial lamb like Treadwell, I AM NOT!

Just out of curiosity I googled people killed by bears, quite the list of victims!

Feel free to check it out @: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America

KB

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dammmmm

lucky guys

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those bears definitely have the black bear claws.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/24/22.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
couple of city boys that don`t know the difference in bears and are dang lucky they didn`t get hurt from momma black bear too . foolish ! i would never hunt with 2 people unless it was a kid or without a gun when on the ground in a blind at a bear bait that is just stupid and dangerous .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
A few years ago, I took an Ontario-raised guy into a valley close to the Kootenay town to which I subsequently moved in April, 2021.

Not far off the Salmo-Creston highway, up close to Boundary Lake, on the road, we encountered a large Grizzly female with a pair of nearly grown cubs and they did not run away, but, circled around some timber and came out quite close to my bright red Tacoma 4x4..........even horn blasts did not move them and we waited until they moved on.......no real issues, they seemed rather bored and this is not the first time I have experienced this behaviour.

I have seen FAR more Grizzles since the '80s than we ever did when I started bush stuff circa 1952. I think the closure of BC Grizzly seasons is a major error in environmental management and despise the NDP for doing this. There are now TOO MANY BEARS in BC and much better management is needed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Otto1217;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day behaved for you and you're well.

I'm glad to see you posting again too.

For sure I'd agree that everything I hear from folks living in close proximity to the grizzly bears since the closure hasn't been good.

They established a "special protective area" or some such north of Grand Forks up the Granby a few years back, so now they're moving west into the Christian and Kettle as well so I hear. The reports I get is that they have no respect, much less fear of humans.

If we could only figure out a way to transplant a few to the legislature lawn in Victoria, it might make a difference?

Might it not take care of the excess urban Blacktail issue as well? laugh

As mentioned in another thread here, I've got to stop being so lazy and take out a few more local black bears as well.

Good to see you once again and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I saw these on another thread yesterday, did you guys see it?

The ending is incredible!

AND THIS TOO, TWO BEARS FALLING OFF A CLIF FIGHTING

https://twitter.com/i/status/1534115945689628673

Last edited by KillerBee; 10/25/22.

KB

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I wouldn't poison a bear with the sort of political scum we see in BC now........

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 56 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,840
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.