Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Blackheart
If you come around a curve and have to run over a cyclist, at least it ain't gonna fugg up your truck as bad as a horse buggy.

If you come around the curve and hit anything, you weren't driving responsibly.

If I come around a curve and hit a bicyclist then i'll go bump bump and keep on truckin. Aint exactly gonna pull over and cut out the backstrap. But might to cut off the man bun.

Don’t do that, call it in and you’ll be fine

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m for bicyclists being subject to the same rules and taxes on the road as automobiles and motorcycles

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 10/25/22.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by rainshot
I don't actually have an opinion about individuals as long as they respect other people using the roads. It's the organized bike rides that I hated when I lived in a small town out in the country. They would take over the county roads and ride four abreast by the hundreds. Watering stations were set up at intervals and the DPS would protect them. They actually owned the road for that weekend. It was impossible for anyone to get to town because you had to get in line and drive at 10mph all the way with them laughing, joking and generally making asses out of themselves. Doctors, Lawyers and jackasses from all walks of life gathered together to overtake the countryside for a weekend with state law enforcement protection. Why would anyone be surprised that they can be hated by many people that are made to put up with their shenanigans. I'm sure they covet their spandex, goggles and styrofoam acorn shaped helmets but I found that at least a little comic relief.
same here ..spot on post

Bullschidt. You whine about cyclists every opportunity you get.
Since you like to make everything personal the most people I'll tell you straight up front you f****** pussy TheMS 150 ride used to cut this area off for the entire weekend. You cannot hardly drive down the road to move equipment or anything. You think you're such a tough guy I'll meet you in the middle of the road , I'll promise you there won't be but one walking away

You better be a hell of a lot physically stronger than you are emotionally strong. You are an emotional cundt of the highest order. Finding an alternate route for one weekend a year must have been a horrible experience.
listen you mental midget, it's called a farm that scattered out over several miles and these people row rakes basically right through the center of it on the county roads and highways. There was an altercation and they no longer ride through here you get the picture. There's some people I just grow to really hate and you are on the top of the list you stupid m*********** you better pray to God you never meet me in person..

Looks like I struck a nerd. LOLOLOL

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I’m for bicyclists being subject to the same rules and taxes on the road as automobiles

Why? They aren't the same.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m for bicyclists being subject to the same rules and taxes on the road as automobiles

Because bikes impede traffic flow which is against the law

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same as some azzhole walking down the middle of the road

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 10/25/22.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Riding a bike on a trail is one thing. Riding on a road and acting like you are a car is another. Fugg any biker who thinks thats ok
Fuque any pussy that doesn't have the emotional IQ to safely and courteously negotiate a bicyclist on the road.
Alot of bikers around here drive in the middle of the lane. Its absolutely ridiculous. Not much common courtesy with these f u c k s
As they should be. Riding against the shoulder is a damned good way to get plowed over.

A byciclist on the road, has the same rights and obligations as a motorist.

The car is obligated to make way for the bicycle.

There are asswholes where ever you go. Bullies in every walk of life and on every road. Many of those idiots think it is cool to terrorize cyclists. After all, it is not like the cyclist has a chance of catching the motorist on the road.

I guess it is a real sign of masculinity to force a cyclist out into the ditch, "pour coal" into his face, or even actually strike the cyclist with a vehicle, and then roar off into the distance with no worry of retribution.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not using good sense, just being an azzhole

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You might want to do a little case law study on how it has worked out to ticket cyclists who are operating legally for impeding traffic. Most often, it doesn't work out the way you wish it would.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You might want to do a little case law study on how it has worked out to ticket cyclists who are operating legally for impeding traffic. Most often, it doesn't work out the way you wish it would.

Be an entitled azzhole if you want Paul, I’ll be down to Old Metairie soon enough

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ABOUT LANE POSITION

The law in every state, whose bicycle law I have read, is functionally similar. Bicyclists should stay as far right as practicable. Most laws go on to qualify "practicable" In doing so cyclists are given broad discretionary latitude. One of the reasons a cyclist can deviate from far right is for reasons of safety. Another is sub-standard (not wide enough for a cyclist and motorist to safely share) lane width. That describes a LOT of our roads.

Bicyclists who relegate themselves to hugging the right make themselves less visible. What's the number one excuse offered when a motorist hits a cyclist? "I didn't see them." Hugging the right invites squeeze passes and increases the likelihood of a sideswipe crash.

This is a very good quick and easy safety guide for cyclists. https://bicyclesafe.com/ A mitigating measure in nearly every scenario is to move further out into the lane.

Well where I’m from, they close down traffics lanes to widen the biking lanes, then everyone sits in traffic while the new bike lanes are sparsely used, all because they squawked about safety and green.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.tn.gov/tdot/multimodal-...m/resources11/tennesse-bicycle-laws.html

TCA 55-8-175 - Riding on Roadways and Bike Paths – Penalty

(a)  (1) Any person operating a bicycle upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except under any of the following situations:
      (A) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction;
      (B) When preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway; or
      (C) When reasonably necessary to avoid conditions including, but not limited to, fixed or moving objects, parked or moving vehicles, pedestrians, animals, surface hazards, or substandard width lanes that make it unsafe to continue along the right-hand curb or edge. For purposes of this section, "substandard width lane" means a lane that is too narrow for a bicycle and another vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BLG
“They [cyclists] look and act differently to typical ‘humans’, they move in a mechanical way, and their faces are not often seen by motorists, blocking empathic responses that might humanize them,” the authors write. “If dehumanization of cyclists is occurring, this could be contributing to the hostility and aggression experienced by cyclists on the road.”

That is about the stupidest thing I have ever read. This is what their study indicated? What a farce. Someone needs a new job.

The issue is always about sharing the road, and the complete opposite opinions of both the rider and the driver.

Clyde

This. Makes as much sense as people not liking cowboys since they hadn't ridden a horse in a year

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Be an entitled azzhole if you want Paul, I’ll be down to Old Metairie soon enough

https://www.bikelaw.com/2016/02/biker-obstructing-traffic-nope-roll-the-videotape/

Gimme a shout when you are in town. I'll buy you an oyster poboy!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We can slug it out first then do the PoBoy

https://www.bikelaw.com/2016/02/biker-obstructing-traffic-nope-roll-the-videotape/

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Bicycles should be legally treated like pedestrians. They should always yield right of way to motor vehicles. If they need to cross a road they should stop and look both ways before proceeding. They should stay off pavement as much as possible.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We can slug it out first then do the PoBoy

It's not like we need teeth to eat an oyster poboy.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Riding a bike on a trail is one thing. Riding on a road and acting like you are a car is another. Fugg any biker who thinks thats ok
Fuque any pussy that doesn't have the emotional IQ to safely and courteously negotiate a bicyclist on the road.
Alot of bikers around here drive in the middle of the lane. Its absolutely ridiculous. Not much common courtesy with these f u c k s
As they should be. Riding against the shoulder is a damned good way to get plowed over.

A byciclist on the road, has the same rights and obligations as a motorist.

The car is obligated to make way for the bicycle.

There are asswholes where ever you go. Bullies in every walk of life and on every road. Many of those idiots think it is cool to terrorize cyclists. After all, it is not like the cyclist has a chance of catching the motorist on the road.

I guess it is a real sign of masculinity to force a cyclist out into the ditch, "pour coal" into his face, or even actually strike the cyclist with a vehicle, and then roar off into the distance with no worry of retribution.

So if riding in the middle of the lane is safer than riding the shoulder, they should be safer riding the white stripes in the middle of the road. Got it.

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Just my 2 cents.

I understand what Paul is saying that they think that it's safer for them to be in the middle of the lane so that they're more visible and it helps prevent the squeeze play.

In a lot of cases, but not the majority of cases, people will move over to let the traffic pass. However, in most cases that I've seen around here, is that they don't move over and continue to hog the road. The other issue with this behavior is that on a road that has a 40 or 50 mph speed limit, they're riding in the middle of the road around a blind curve. Then you have a vehicle that could weigh up to 80K lbs. going 45 mph and can't simply stop to avoid hitting them. But the part that pisses people off is that when a vehicle does get behind them and it's clear to pass, the bicyclists continue to ride in the middle of the road.

The thing that I don't understand is that they ride in the middle of the road with no fear of getting killed or causing a wreck between two on coming vehicles with them in the mix. 99% of them also drive cars and they know full well that they're risking their lives every time they ride.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Like cigarette smokers taking vitamins for their health.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 70 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,673
Posts18,513,195
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.