Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Remsen
Thank you for educating me. One question, though....does this work for meat that doesn't come from a pig?

No violations when cooked over Kingsford on a Weber Kettle. Dig in.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’m just here for the brisket,

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I’m just here for the brisket,
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Seems pretty straight forward !

One would think.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Thank you for educating me. One question, though....does this work for meat that doesn't come from a pig?

You and your nose pose an excellent question. Let me help.

For a brisket you're going to do the exact same thing you did with the ribs. Lay the brisket down and note the time. You should get around six hours at 250 without much issue but you will likely get seven.

Space constraints were mentioned earlier and they can be a bit of an issue on the original sized Weber Kettle. Last weekend I picked up a nine pounder and that's about perfect.

The only thing we'll do different charcoal wise is place a good chunk O' wood of the chef's choice on one side of the coals. That's all the smoke you're going to need. Cook it fat side down at 250. Around the three hour mark, swap the point with the flat so everything is cooking evenly.

At the 6ish hour mark, go ahead and wrap it. Have the foil and some more charcoal ready to rock and roll. As soon as you lift the brisket off, get it wrapped and wrap it tight:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

While it's off, dump a handful of briquettes onto each pile. If you have the modern style of cooking grate, great. If not, lift the fugking thing up and throw them on. This is not a big deal. You had to pull the brisket off anyway, go ahead and stoke your coals.

Put it back, fat side down. Lid back on. Back to cooking. After 90 minutes, swap the point and flat and put it fat side up. Another 90 minutes should have you in the ball park. I pulled my latest at the at the nine hour mark:

Now put it on a cookie sheet and place it in the oven fat side up. Leave the oven off. Yes you can put it in your cooler just like all the cool YetiTubers, but that oven in our kitchen is specifically designed to retain heat. So if it no ocupado, you may as well fugking use it. This brings me to another important point about backyard BBQ. Once you wrap the meat? You are using your Weber as an oven. So if you don't want to keep cooking outside, and the oven isn't in use, turn the fugking oven on, and finish your cook in the oven. It's really easy.

After about three hours (or tomorrow) unwrap and start slicing. My most recent ended up with less bark on the fat side than I prefer because I think I told my daughter to mark the wrong side when I was wrapping it. But who gives a fugk? This isn't a competition and your friends and family are still going to inhale this schit:

I like to brown tortillas and whip up a huge bowl of pico de gallo de FatCityO. Brisket tacos are about the best way to eat a brisket.

Oh, and if you're going to ask when it is finished, it should be topping out around 200-210. But I am not a fan of people using internal thermometers on BBQ. You should learn to do it by feel or fork. And if you use a remote thermometer, you're gay and I hope you fall face first into your pit.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I’m just here

I've noticed.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Flave, have you done a turkey breast on the Weber? Thanks.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by auk1124
Flave, have you done a turkey breast on the Weber? Thanks.

Yes and they are amazing. Do the same as I posted for the ribs and brisket but place a pan between the coals on the bottom/charcoal grate. You can add four cups or so of water. Although not entirely necessary, water pans do tend to make better birds when it comes to charcoal cooking. This is a fun thing to play with as you can substitute a can of beer or some wine and some quartered onion in there as well. Season it the same as you would a Turkey in the oven.

No wood is necessary. I think Kingsford does a fine job on it’s own for most consumers and it will help prevent the black soot commonly associated with wood and charcoal Turkey cooks.

I keep it at 300. Figure 20-25 minutes per pound.

I eat them the next day.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Gracias. Smoked turkey is about the best schidt ever in my book. Now I'm hungry.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thank you, Deacon. The brisket looks good enough to pay for.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
The brisket looks good enough to pay for.

You sure you’re Jewish?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Gracias. Smoked turkey is about the best schidt ever in my book. Now I'm hungry.

They are very underrated in my opinion and far better than fried.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

I like to brown tortillas and whip up a huge bowl of pico de gallo de FatCityO. Brisket tacos are about the best way to eat a brisket.

Oh, and if you're going to ask when it is finished, it should be topping out around 200-210. But I am not a fan of people using internal thermometers on BBQ. You should learn to do it by feel or fork. And if you use a remote thermometer, you're gay and I hope you fall face first into your pit.

9.9 from the Aussie Canadian judge !

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
F
When I wanted to try my hand at smoking I picked up a Weber smokey mountain. I considered a kettle, it was just my understanding the WSM was a bit more foolproof for smoking. Do you still use your kettle now that you have a BGE?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

They are very underrated in my opinion and far better than fried.

That's for sure.

Brined or cured or just smoked is great.

Fried turkey makes for poor leftovers.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great tutorial flave. Everything looks delicious

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That brisket is mouth watering.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

You and your nose pose an excellent question. Let me help.

For a brisket you're going to do the exact same thing you did with the ribs. Lay the brisket down and note the time. You should get around six hours at 250 without much issue but you will likely get seven.

Space constraints were mentioned earlier and they can be a bit of an issue on the original sized Weber Kettle. Last weekend I picked up a nine pounder and that's about perfect.

The only thing we'll do different charcoal wise is place a good chunk O' wood of the chef's choice on one side of the coals. That's all the smoke you're going to need. Cook it fat side down at 250. Around the three hour mark, swap the point with the flat so everything is cooking evenly.

At the 6ish hour mark, go ahead and wrap it. Have the foil and some more charcoal ready to rock and roll. As soon as you lift the brisket off, get it wrapped and wrap it tight:

While it's off, dump a handful of briquettes onto each pile. If you have the modern style of cooking grate, great. If not, lift the fugking thing up and throw them on. This is not a big deal. You had to pull the brisket off anyway, go ahead and stoke your coals.

Put it back, fat side down. Lid back on. Back to cooking. After 90 minutes, swap the point and flat and put it fat side up. Another 90 minutes should have you in the ball park. I pulled my latest at the at the nine hour mark:

Now put it on a cookie sheet and place it in the oven fat side up. Leave the oven off. Yes you can put it in your cooler just like all the cool YetiTubers, but that oven in our kitchen is specifically designed to retain heat. So if it no ocupado, you may as well fugking use it. This brings me to another important point about backyard BBQ. Once you wrap the meat? You are using your Weber as an oven. So if you don't want to keep cooking outside, and the oven isn't in use, turn the fugking oven on, and finish your cook in the oven. It's really easy.

After about three hours (or tomorrow) unwrap and start slicing. My most recent ended up with less bark on the fat side than I prefer because I think I told my daughter to mark the wrong side when I was wrapping it. But who gives a fugk? This isn't a competition and your friends and family are still going to inhale this schit:

You need to take better pics with the knife Flave, otherwise good job.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I suspect that this is a question that will make no sense, but since I have never had pork ribs (or pork anything), but have had lots of brisket, how do the two compare when done on the Weber?

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I suspect that this is a question that will make no sense, but since I have never had pork ribs (or pork anything), but have had lots of brisket, how do the two compare when done on the Weber?
Ribs are like heaven w

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,522
Posts18,491,050
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.