Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
It has long been documented that no cross was used for crucifiction at the time of Jesus's death.

Instead a T post with a removable top was used. As stated above the victim was lashed to a cross arm. The cross arm was then lifted and dropped into a socket atop the pole.

The cross actually came about quite some time later.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Pull it with ropes from behind

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I think you over think things.
First, as I understand it, crucifixion was a pretty standard punishment back in the day. I’m pretty sure they had a system worked out to get it done efficiently.
Second, I don’t think in Jesus circumstance that he would have fought them during the process. He knew what was coming before they did.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by misser
i have asked my self, mostly in tiring to understand the how's and the way's of things. things like how the pyramids were built . and different things from the bible. i was thinking about Jesus and how he was executed. seriously brutal ! i have built pole barns and standing poles up with out machinery can be a task and yet thats what the romans did when standing up the thing that Jesus was nailed to . it was man handled . stood up by 4-6 men . so how do 4-6 men stand that up ? there is no room for that many to even get ahold of it . then i remembered a trick we did . we put a cross bar near what would be the bottom of the pole ,about 5 feet up . why ? it gave 2 men a handle to hold onto so that they could push the pole to standing . now lets put a man on that pole . that man does not want to be there . he would likely be squirming back and forth . with out a crossbar the pole would spin because of the offset weight . if that happens how do the men push with a man in the way? the crossbar would give purchase points . it means there was no crossbar up near Jesus' head and shoulders.

Go ahead and give that brain a rest.

LOL

And stop lying about building a barn. You couldn’t assemble four Lincoln Logs.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Jesus

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Jesus

You said it man. Nobody fuggs with the Jesus!

I am MAGA.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Try impaling....

Apaches had a few tricks too.

As did the Inquisition

Need I go on?

Last edited by las; 10/25/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by srwshooter
explain how one man gathers up 2 of every animal on earth and builds a boat big enough to hold them.

He didn't.....

Book full of "stories".

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
explain how one man gathers up 2 of every animal on earth and builds a boat big enough to hold them.
Maybe not many species at the time - and lots of cubits.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
misser Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
It has long been documented that no cross was used for crucifiction at the time of Jesus's death.

Instead a T post with a removable top was used. As stated above the victim was lashed to a cross arm. The cross arm was then lifted and dropped into a socket atop the pole.

thats down right ridicules. that way would take a great deal of effort to do . you should know roman would be expending as little as possible . nail a man to a post ,stand it up ,leave man to die. then after he was dead .how did they take him down ? dont tell me they used a ladder . you could chop it down like a tree and let it fall. not like its going to hurt the guy nailed to it. little respect for the dead in that scenario. and if you think some one is going to bear hug the thing and lift it up out of the ground ,you have more to learn. no such thing as an empty standing cross

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Lucas1
One man didn't.

This, he had help doing both..............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Simple, he had God's help. With GOD all things are possible.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

thats down right ridicules. that way would take a great deal of effort to do . you should know roman would be expending as little as possible . nail a man to a post ,stand it up ,leave man to die. then after he was dead .how did they take him down ? dont tell me they used a ladder . you could chop it down like a tree and let it fall. not like its going to hurt the guy nailed to it. little respect for the dead in that scenario. and if you think some one is going to bear hug the thing and lift it up out of the ground ,you have more to learn. no such thing as an empty standing cross
Pretty obvious who is used to doing actual work and who isn't.

You take about four 400 lb Centurians. They each stick a ten foot long lifting pole under the aforementioned cross pole. Then they just lift the victims onto and then back off the upright when dead.

People who actually work for a living become very strong.

Why would you chop down the stake like a tree?

Then you would have to harvest, clean, and trim the post. Transport it to town, on a cart, dig a hole, and plant the new post.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
M
misser Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by MPat70
This might give you an idea. Forward to about 1:40

is there something wrong with the pic of the man?? note the ropes . that would of been a kindness . they wanted the man to suffocate which is why the legs would be broken. Jesus legs were not broken because he was all ready dead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
Posts were permanent, only the crossbar was carried, prisoner was attached to the crossbar and lifted up.

Kent
not likely .such a task would be very difficult .they would have to have 2 upright poles next to each other simply to stabilize the lift.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MPat70
This might give you an idea. Forward to about 1:40

is there something wrong with the pic of the man?? note the ropes . that would of been a kindness . they wanted the man to suffocate which is why the legs would be broken. Jesus legs were not broken because he was all ready dead

Let me guess.

You’re a Christian?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Lucas1
One man didn't.

This, he had help doing both..............

Centuries of MSM and good publicists?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
They might not have had electricity and hydraulics yet but they weren't retards. They had the same minds as we do and their engineers did things that I question could be conceived today by most of our brain mushed population. The mechanics of a crucifixion would have been simple to them.

A team of oxen with some ropes and pulleys could easily raise and lower a cross with a man attached to it. There wouldn't be any need for a Roman centurion to lift a finger. There would have been many ways they could have done it. Rome was technologically very advanced. When the Roman Empire fell and Europe entered the dark ages it took until the mid 1800's before technology caught back up to what the Romans were capable of 1800 years earlier.

M
misser Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by deflave
i have asked my self, mostly in tiring to understand the how's and the way's of things. things like how the pyramids were built . and different things from the bible. i was thinking about Jesus and how he was executed. seriously brutal ! i have built pole barns and standing poles up with out machinery can be a task and yet thats what the romans did when standing up the thing that Jesus was nailed to . it was man handled . stood up by 4-6 men . so how do 4-6 men stand that up ? there is no room for that many to even get ahold of it . then i remembered a trick we did . we put a cross bar near what would be the bottom of the pole ,about 5 feet up . why ? it gave 2 men a handle to hold onto so that they could push the pole to standing . now lets put a man on that pole . that man does not want to be there . he would likely be squirming back and forth . with out a crossbar the pole would spin because of the offset weight . if that happens how do the men push with a man in the way? the crossbar would give purchase points . it means there was no crossbar up near Jesus' head and shoulders.

Go ahead and give that brain a rest.

LOL

And stop lying about building a barn. You couldn’t assemble four Lincoln Logs.
oh but i did build them ,i hate pole barns

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Noah left the fish out on their own! laugh

Well of course, he didn't want the ark smelling like a whore house!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (7mm_Loco, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, Anaconda, 14 invisible), 1,437 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,489
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.