Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I wonder how many of the bicyclists who, when are driving behind a tractor or combine raise hell about having to go slow??

If you want to get a bicyclist going, ask them how they feel about pedestrians on park trails (with no bike lanes).

And then, when motorists complain about bicyclists clogging up the roads, those same bicyclists are all like”Hey!! I got rights!! I’m exercising here!!”...
Or about the Prarie apples horses leave on the bike trail.

The Katy Trail runs through my AO and a lot of people ride horses/mules on the trail.

Every time I cross it and see the gifts the horses leave behind I chuckle.

Kind of a pizzer, that trail is. The last time a train ran the tracks was the late 70s/early 80s. They sat abandoned and all grown up. Buds had stands along the old line and close to it. Once the govt decided to make a bike trail out of UT the hunting along the tracks started to suck.

Same goes for a pard that has a house with the trail in his back yard. House was built 10 years or so before the trail was a thing. Now he has minimal privacy in daylight most of the year. Cannot shoot there anymore either.

There are several stables right smack dam in the middle of the NOLA metro area where a multi-use path runs along the river. I frequently encounter riders and road apples there. I'll take that over the bum schidt that I have to occasionally dodge.

🤣🤣

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rainshot
I’m not sure what all the heavy weather is all about. I just complained about massive bike rides on two lane county roads that block traffic both ways for many miles. I never had any problems with solo or more riders if they do not impede traffic. The rides I was talking about actually commandeered the road claiming it for their single purpose and denying traffic.
Peace…
And if it were a MAGA march would you be OK with that?

a 10K run/walk supporting injured veterans?

Last edited by Valsdad; 10/25/22.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Originally Posted by Tesoro
I live on the oregon coast and alot of our main highway is hilly curvy 2 lane with no shoulder. We have vacationers pulling campers mixed with log and chip trucks and guess what else? Share the road my ass. Can I drive my car on that hiway at 18 mph? furk no I will get pulled over and ticketed. They are a huge hazard that cause more near wrecks than anything else. Plus I have NO IDEA what pleasure these cross country bicyclists get pedaling on a road all day with trucks and cars passing them at 60mph 4 feet awa. I used to have a hot cummins powered 4x4 that could roll coal on demand. Used to give me some satisfaction.

A few things here. Do you have any data to support that they are a hazard? If you rolled coal on me, I'd invite you to come back and chat about it. Would you have the balls to come back?

yes and yes

Show me that data and no you wouldn't. Anyone who rolls coal is a pussy and a coward.

Paul:

Numerous studies done on speed differences in vehicles using the same roadway have shown that such speed differences do cause more accidents. Much more so than absolute speed. For example, a stretch of road where the speed limit is 80mph and most the drivers stay near 80mph would see fewer accidents than if a goodly number of the vehicles traveled at 50mph and others at 80mph.

So, yeah, the presence of bicycles on a road (with speed limits that allows automobiles to move at significantly greater speed than bicycles can manage--most of htem) would likely cause more accidents. And cyclists would obviously take it harder than automobiles. But in some cases autos and their drivers would also be destroyed and/or injured.

One would hope that cyclists would use some common sense in route choice.

For my own part:
1. I used to bicycle commute to work and liked it, even in one of the least bike-friendly metro areas in the USA. Route choice is key.
2. No longer do as work moved out of cycling range.
3. I would commute to work again were it again feasible.
4. I have no problem taking the lane when circumstances require it for safety.
5. I have no problem with the majority of bicyclists I encounter on the road. Some are jerks, but I figure they'll end up road pizza for their lack of wisdom soon enough.

Oh, and rolling coal deliberately is asinine.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here I am on my cross country trip in Rocky Mountain Park. The Trek I have today is a much better bike than that Peugot was, but I am scared to ride around here.

Dude, that is some hardcore riding, those hills are nothing to sneeze at!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
The only ones I have an issue with are the azzholes that ride in huge packs. Well, those and the ones that text while cycling through an intersection and get hit. Then the bike community squeals for more restrictions on cars.

Sam......

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Paul is the dumbest fugger on the fire for continuously biting on the bike thread bait.

LOL, you've got that exactly backwards. Captain Paul chums with the best of 'em, and then trolls right through the middle of the slick.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
10 pages. It's not hard to acknowledge that most people don't like bicyclists. Nobody likes being inconvenienced in an way, regardless of the time frame that occurs. Prome example is that I fuggin hate semis. I understand their need but that doesn't stop my unreasonable side from pissing and moaning about how slow they are, can't see around, accelerate like a snail and congest the highways. It is what it is.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
10 pages. It's not hard to acknowledge that most people don't like bicyclists. Nobody likes being inconvenienced in an way, regardless of the time frame that occurs. Prome example is that I fuggin hate semis. I understand their need but that doesn't stop my unreasonable side from pissing and moaning about how slow they are, can't see around, accelerate like a snail and congest the highways. It is what it is.

Pretty astute for an old bearded gunsmith....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm actually pretty young, but thank you.

Last edited by BeardedGunsmith; 10/25/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, them fuggers too.

Going up a 4 lane highway, two lanes in either direction. One semi just has to pull out and take up the passing lane just to take the whole hill to pass his brother trucker, backing up all other vehicles from passing. And then realize he's managed to gain one truck length's time on his trip.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Exhibit A....Geezer on a tricycle going 3 MPH

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Exhibit B....Group of chic’s that couldn’t pull the hill without almost putting a foot down.

🦫

I wonder if they could pull a train.....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Exhibit A....Geezer on a tricycle going 3 MPH

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Exhibit B....Group of chic’s that couldn’t pull the hill without almost putting a foot down.

🦫

I wonder if they could pull a train.....

shocked

In it is contentment

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Yeah, them fuggers too.

Going up a 4 lane highway, two lanes in either direction. One semi just has to pull out and take up the passing lane just to take the whole hill to pass his brother trucker, backing up all other vehicles from passing. And then realize he's managed to gain one truck length's time on his trip.

I used to see that all the time when I drove the big rig. In my case, I was governed at 65, and a guy is passing me, he is governed at 65.2

It will take him 2 minutes to pass me and there will be 15 cars backed up behind him, cussing us out. This is on the flat interstate, I-10 in Texas speed limit 75.

My solution: When the passing truck got even with my rear bumper, I knocked off the cruise and slowed to 60 mph. Left lane guy passed me in ten seconds and got ahead of me in the right lane. Left lane clear for cars. And I lost 15 seconds of driving time. Gee, do that 8 times a day, and I have lost 2 minutes. Heartbreaking.

About half the truck drivers would be polite in the right lane, like I was, and the other half were a**holes. Or else just stupid hard to tell.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like bicyclists. Why else were BUMPers invented?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Best threads on the fire.

Bicycle threads
Tire threads
Tulsi threads

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I do not mind bike riders.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deadlift_dude
One would hope that cyclists would use some common sense in route choice.

For my own part:
1. I used to bicycle commute to work and liked it, even in one of the least bike-friendly metro areas in the USA. Route choice is key.
2. No longer do as work moved out of cycling range.
3. I would commute to work again were it again feasible.
4. I have no problem taking the lane when circumstances require it for safety.
5. I have no problem with the majority of bicyclists I encounter on the road. Some are jerks, but I figure they'll end up road pizza for their lack of wisdom soon enough.

Oh, and rolling coal deliberately is asinine.

I put a lot of thought into route choice and I am right there with you on 1-5, and the extra.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I do not mind bike riders.

Or fake Christian Sock Puppets.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Best threads on the fire.

Bicycle threads
Tire threads
Tulsi threads

Dude. Connect the dots.

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,578
Posts18,510,894
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.