Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
 Well, I don't know......

But sometimes they poop on the road right behind the truck while you're napping. 

Got over to PA for some muzzleloader bear season last week. Nothing seen, but had allot of fun hiking around the mountains. 

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co][Linked Image from i.ibb.co][Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

​​​​​​​-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Nice country, looks like good hunting.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My answer to that question has long been “nope, they poop in the middle of the logging roads”. I see that holds true in your neck of the woods as well. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like home.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
You have bear poop in your house?

Training, man, training! smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm no scatologist, but did see a lot of brown bear poop out hunting this past week. One thing I noticed was they were eating a lot of high bush cranberries. Lots of whole berries came out whole on the back side. Seems like a waste of calories if they don't crush/puncture the berries. Somehow they survive.

Kinda reminds me of the classic Cheech & Chong skit - Ralph & Herbie. "I like the way you use corn for texture". grin

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Teeder
Looks like home.

Clinton County

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Only when he had to go

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think so.

Always heard about "Show him where the bear shïts in the woods".
Have often been hunting and found bear shït.

Not sure about this crap stuff.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Wife and I once watched a young black bear feeding on blueberries in the alpine above Skilak Lake. It fed furiously for about 10 minutes, then crapped. Like clockwork for several hours. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I’m calling no s*%t to this thread, I can’t see the photos🤣

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Grizz Poop wherever they want, and I for one am not going to tell them not to lol

KB

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Last summer we were staying at some rental cabins and doing some hiking and it would seem that about every few hours Yogi would let us know he was there.

We would go for a hike and come back, and there was a pile 20 feet from the door.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Go do something else, come back and there would be more.

Day and night. Don't know if it was one bear or multiple but he/they were eating well.

I will admit to over dramatizing things to scare the hell out of a couple of tourists from out of state. A woman I spoke to was ready to go home right then, lol.

Besides pooping on the lawn the only thing they were doing was getting into and knocking over trash cans that people (tourists) were tossing stuff into instead of walking another 50 feet at night and putting their trash in the bear proof dumpsters.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last weekend there was a post on Fakebook about the cops being called to get a bear out of a car in Everett. No idea how it got in or got trapped,
But there were pics of the car. Seatbacks broken, seats ripped to shreds,
door panels tore up, dash clawed open. And I'd bet the bear shït in the car!

Wish I had the pics, Rene will say it never happened

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockdoc
I’m calling no s*%t to this thread, I can’t see the photos🤣

rockdoc;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that your tomorrow for me is going well for you today.

In the spirit of the 'Fire where the adage "pics or it never happened" and all that.

This was the record up until this year for both diameter and volume. The binos are 8x42 not compacts, the diet seems to be primarily Kinnikinic berries.

[Linked Image]

Then we ran into this one on a new logging road this fall. It's - as they say - impressive..

[Linked Image]

My neighbor and sometimes hunting companion was in there after a rain last week and said he cut the biggest black bear tracks he's seen in years, maybe ever. It's a pretty good boar I'd guess.

The piles of bear pooh in the yard this fall I didn't take photos of because they weren't that impressive for size and frankly I'm less than enthralled with them hanging around the place.

I will post a pic if I end up ventilating the pooh pile leaver, as it's definitely made my personal "s....t list" with some of the other stuff it's been up to.

All the best and good hunting down there rockdoc.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Last edited by baltz526; 10/30/22.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
One of my dads friends owned a very nice deer camp in PENN, it was actually a high dollar camp with all of the comforts you could ask for. His wife thought it was so cute for black bears to walk on to the patio in the evening and she would photograph them. The second day the sow with cubs showed up and they all crapped all over the patio. She changed her mind after they had to use a water hose to clean up the mess. Bears were bad after that

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Fresh, hot, blueberry pie in the woods will get your attention!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
BC30cal Good day to you sir.

Thank you, they are certainly impressive! Black or Grizzly bear around your parts, or both?

We have smaller things that may hurt you, except if in the water or up in the northern parts, but I never go into the bush here thinking something may eat me or just generally disfigure me. Unlike Africa too!

I would certainly like to see some photos of the bruins if you manage to shoot them.

Only bears I saw in the brief time I have been in BC were the two young grizzlies at Grouse Mountain. They certainly trod very quietly.

Mackay I would love to live somewhere I was free enough to be able to lay down my Baer Custom 1911A1 for scale!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
rockdoc;
Good morning to you sir, I hope that tomorrow for us is treating you well at present!

Thanks for the reply, it's cool you got to see some grizzlies while you were here.

We're about 4½ hours drive east of the coast, so while there are for sure some grizzly bear sightings every year, they're not common by any means.

One valley over they're getting to be more and more because two valleys over they started a bit of a grizzly bear area years back - before shutting down all the grizzly hunting here.

Where comerade and greydog live they're reasonably common and for that matter up a few hours north of me where 673 lives they're seen more than down here.

I'm with you on being someplace free enough to lay down a handy Glock for scale in a photo - the reason I'm using either a knife or binos for scale in my photos.

Ah well, we're working on changing it here rockdoc, but as I'm known to say - we'll see. wink

All the best and good hunting - if it's hunting season there which it may well not be...

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (AKislander, 300_savage, Anaconda, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, 8 invisible), 1,577 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,574
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.