Print Thread
Hop To
#17735282 10/26/22
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
What is the expected allowable time frame for a buyer to send payment on an item?
They haven’t been on the fire for 10 days and haven’t received any communication. I hope all is well with the gentleman, normally very active and has a large number of posts. I am not very concerned about the transaction. Just want to know how I should proceed without offending anyone.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think thats plenty of time to wait, as a member that has bought many items on the classifieds I wouldnt expect anyone to wait any longer than that for me to pay or reply. I actually think that is very generous in allowable time.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I was guilty of this exact situation several weeks back. I entered into an agreement with a fella to buy some brass for a young boy that goes to school with my kids. Long story short, I got deployed for work and fell off the face of the earth for almost 3 weeks. The fella had removed himself from our PM conversation, as I full expected him to. I sent an apology message to him, but he removed himself from that conversation as well without replying. I hate the thought of someone marking me as a flake, but when we get orders to go, we usually have 2-3 hours to have our bags and be gone.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a member who sent payment that took 32 days to arrive. It was postmarked on the day he said he sent it. If you can contact him somehow, I'd go that route 1st.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
I tried texting as well, no response.
I have someone who wants to buy the item on another site. I don’t want to sell it and then have payment show up (although PP was supposed to be used)
I’m sure life got in the way. I just hope all is alright with the gentleman.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mackafoose
I tried texting as well, no response.
I have someone who wants to buy the item on another site. I don’t want to sell it and then have payment show up (although PP was supposed to be used)

In that case, I would send it on down the road to the next person.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I have a Savage 219 & a Leupold 1x4 that sold months ago.
Nothing from the buyers yet.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
But, but, but, wait ! the high post count trolls will tell you that you can trust anyone here and to go ahead and send them the item and since they are here, you need have no concerns about getting paid.

Are you suggesting that some don't abide by that "troll rule" ?

Never had a problem selling on line here or anywhere since "no payment, no item shipped".

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PM someone with whom you feel you can trust sharing the member's ID who also appears to have a reciprocal butt-kissing relationship with said person. It's pretty easy to determine who kisses one another's ass on this forum and determine a link between them, especially with the high post count members. Maybe they can then make contact for you.

It's also pretty easy to check the classified performance of a member by looking at their past deals, assuming publicly done, and checking with the person on the other side of those deals. Good luck with your deal.

Oh, on another note. Did they give you an "I'll take it" and then never contact you again? Did they give you a "check/money order sent" and then disappear? Have they been online since consummation of your deal?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Sold to the next guy in line at Rokslide
Thanks for all the info.... I really hope he is alright.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by UpThePole
But, but, but, wait ! the high post count members will tell you that you can trust anyone here except UpThePole.He will f u c k you in a heartbeat.

Never had a problem selling on line here or anywhere since "no payment, no item shipped".

Also lies like Joe Biden.

Last edited by Huntz; 10/26/22.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I did an "I'll take it" the other day & then promptly forgot all about it. The seller reminded me about a week later. I could not have been more embarrassed.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a similar deal going on right now. I sold a scope to a member here (via PM) 10 days ago but I haven't received payment.
I've emailed him and sent a PM but no answer. I know he works on the road so I'm trying to be patient but I don't want to wait forever.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
STILL WAITING FOR THE TROLL LIARS TO PRODUCE A SINGLE TRANSACTION WITH A REAL, CURRENT MEMBER THAT I HAVE DEFRAUDED.

I'LL WAIT FOREVER BECAUSE THERE ARE NONE.

LIKE THE NAZIS, THEY TELL THE SAME LIE OVER AND OVER HOPING IT WILL BE BELIEVED.

FRANTICALLY TYPING AS THEY HIDE UNDER MOMMY'S CUM STAINED SKIRT.

THEIR HERO !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by UpThePole; 10/27/22.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 53 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,532
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.