It's a wide road, we can share.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
wide is the road that leads to destruction...

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tesoro
[quote=Wrapids]Go ride your bicycle on the interstate.

Interstates can be about the safest place to ride. Long lines of sight and wide flat shoulders to ride separate from the traffic lanes. Legal in some states and places.

Passing off ramps and on ramps is where ya gotta watch out. Generally I’ll stop if needed, check for traffic and cross perpendicular to the far side to cross the ramp lane ASAP.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Interstates can be about the safest place to ride. Long lines of sight and wide flat shoulders to ride separate from the traffic lanes. Legal in some states and places.

Passing off ramps and on ramps is where ya gotta watch out. Generally I’ll stop if needed, check for traffic and cross perpendicular to the far side to cross the ramp lane ASAP.

Legal in quite a few states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-motorized_access_on_freeways

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody even thinking about riding a bicycle on an interstate just demonstrates the stupidity of the breed................just drove back from FL last 2 days, would love to see a biker ride around Atlanta, Indianapolis, Nashville, etc on a fu^ckin bicycle & survive.

MM

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m not one that automatically hates bicyclists or joggers or any group of people that unnecessarily waste their time by showing off their physical prowess and making me feel like a sloth. In the summer this area gets a lot of bicycle clubs and group rides that take the scenic roads on the eastern and western side of the island. The roads around here are typically narrow but not busy while the 1 or 2 main roads are fairly wide with center turn lanes. I’ve had to slow down and wait for an opportunity to pass but I can’t recall ever feeling annoyed by them…around here. People are pretty relaxed and not stressed..island time….the biggest slow down or impediment to traffic are the tractors and combines. They can acquire a pretty decent line of vehicles behind them but nobody gets mad. I like living in a place where tractors and deer and wild turkeys are the biggest issue for traffic. The bicyclists that come here to ride aren’t a problem and I realize that they are coming HERE to recreate and enjoy the water and woods that I am fortunate to call home. I get the privilege to live in a place that others come to vacation so if I have to share the road a little or slow down it’s not gonna ruin my day. There’s a lot of crap going on in this country nowadays so I gotta pick and choose my battles or I’d be fighting my way through life. 😁. Bicyclists are currently very low on my radar….

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
UPDATE:

Everyone still hates bicyclists.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Anybody even thinking about riding a bicycle on an interstate just demonstrates the stupidity of the breed................just drove back from FL last 2 days, would love to see a biker ride around Atlanta, Indianapolis, Nashville, etc on a fu^ckin bicycle & survive.

MM

Interstate highway with truck.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Still not at 18 pages yet, therefor let the madness continue:

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

Same state. Same bicycle trip.

Not an Interstate Highway, with truck
(see my previous reply).

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Legal in quite a few states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-motorized_access_on_freeways

Legal, and stupid!!!!!

Paul B doesn’t know the difference???

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was riding my Trek on a remote country road near here, there was a big house there, and 4 adults were standing in the driveway, their dog was with them. Big dog about 60 pounds. The road was going uphill and I could go only about 7 mph. Dogs can run lots faster than that.

The dog ran after me and was zooming in on my left ankle. He was going to chomp on my Achilles tendon. That is how a wolf kills an elk at Yellowstone, cut the left Achilles tendon, his buddy cuts the right Achilles tendon and they take down the elk. It is genetic. A cut Achilles tendon in a human would mean some serious surgery and months on crutches.

As the dog neared my ankle, I wanted to kick him right in the face and teach him a lesson, but I knew those hillbillies had a gun close at hand, and probably would shoot me if they saw me kick the dog. I just stuck my foot out towards doggie, and when he bit, he bit the sole of my tennis shoe and not my ankle. I guess he didn't like the taste of rubber, he peeled off and went back to the group of adults, and I rode on. When I got home I saw 4 deep tooth marks on the bottom, and left side of my left tennis shoe.

A week later, I saw two of those men standing at the edge of a corn field, 2 miles away, they were getting ready to harvest corn. I stopped my bicycle to talk to them. I thought my hillbilly neighbors would apologize, for their dog nearly putting me in the hospital. No. I didn't realize, they viewed me as a sub human and a cockroach.
Hillbilly Dad said "You'uns ain't from around here. You go around kicking a man's dog in the mouth, is a good way to get shot." I said "I didn't kick him! I stuck my foot out and he bit my shoe. He almost bit my ankle." The two hillbillies gave me a dirty look.

About 2 weeks later I quit riding my bike in the NC mountains.

I look at that beautiful Trek sitting in my carport, and I am tempted to get those tires fixed and put it back on the road. Instead, I'm going to the gym this morning to ride the stationary bike for 30 minutes. It is not as much fun, but it is less dangerous.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by deflave
UPDATE:

Everyone still hates bicyclists.

LOL

The campfire is long on hate or sure.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ain't that the truth.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My experience was that Montana doesn’t believe in putting shoulders on their regular highways, prob’ly to keep the Hutterite population in check.

Man, they must have been pi$$ed at Eisenhower.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 57 invisible), 3,065 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,490
Posts18,471,914
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.