Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Surprised R50 ain't been on this troll, yet.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Certainly there's more life to this clustetfuuck of a thread?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
misser Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Pull it with ropes from behind
ah, you are looking for a mechanical advantage , perhaps using a sky hook??

M
misser Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
They might not have had electricity and hydraulics yet but they weren't retards. They had the same minds as we do and their engineers did things that I question could be conceived today by most of our brain mushed population. The mechanics of a crucifixion would have been simple to them.

A team of oxen with some ropes and pulleys could easily raise and lower a cross with a man attached to it. There wouldn't be any need for a Roman centurion to lift a finger. There would have been many ways they could have done it. Rome was technologically very advanced. When the Roman Empire fell and Europe entered the dark ages it took until the mid 1800's before technology caught back up to what the Romans were capable of 1800 years earlier.
"They might not have had electricity and hydraulics" that's a given . obviously they did not have a skytack to lift .ok you dont know what a skytack is ,google can help you out

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
fiction= bible

biggest scam ever pull off in the history of the world

mostly a way to control people

you need a crutch? go for it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
They might not have had electricity and hydraulics yet but they weren't retards.

Somewhere before the crucifixion is said to have happened people were building this, way up in the mountains of Peru:

[Linked Image from set-travel.com]

And many more like it. So it seems there was some ability to move and lift massive loads without our current tech.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by srwshooter
fiction= bible

If you are serious, you need to do some reading in archeological known history. In the mean time don't make such ignorant posts.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by srwshooter
fiction= bible

If you are serious, you need to do some reading in archeological known history. In the mean time don't make such ignorant posts.

Which sources would you suggest?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Why would anyone base everything off writings of ancient men who lacked all but the most basic knowledge of their World?

Because you repeat something over and over doesn't make it true.

Cumbaya.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
People engineered cranes centuries before they had access to electrical, steam, or hydraulic power. These were still commonly used when I was a kid. We ran 'em with a small tractor. My Mom, my uncles, and others of their generation drove a team of horses or oxen to provide the power. That was the six year old's contribution to the harvest. (driving the team) The entire unit was portable and could be drug easily to a fresh job site with a team of horses or oxen.

I have helped skin a couple 2000 lb beeves hanging from one of those hooks.

Not saying, this particular machine was present in Rome 2200 years ago. But something capable of the task was. They certainly had lifts at the docks. Pontius Pilate could have constructed this as easy as the the Mormons did in the 1850s.

[Linked Image from digital.lib.usu.edu]

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tallest soldier took care of that .....

M
misser Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
People engineered cranes centuries before they had access to electrical, steam, or hydraulic power. These were still commonly used when I was a kid. We ran 'em with a small tractor. My Mom, my uncles, and others of their generation drove a team of horses or oxen to provide the power. That was the six year old's contribution to the harvest. (driving the team) The entire unit was portable and could be drug easily to a fresh job site with a team of horses or oxen.

Not saying, this particular machine was present in Rome 2200 years ago. But something capable of the task was. They certainly had lifts at the docks. Pontius Pilate could have constructed this as easy as the the Mormons did in the 1850s.

considering the place of the impairment i have serious doubt that such an apparatus would of been used

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

made me think of a Beaver-slide!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
M
misser Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] if any thing a man would be hungup much like this

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

403 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 53 invisible), 2,748 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,409
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.