Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Looks like they’re out in the wild, 4.25”. Guess I’ll be a buyer…

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I’ve been watching for them to hit the shelves

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by viking

Sportsman’s Warehouse had the 4.25” in stock this morning.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's the price tag?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by MOGC
What's the price tag?

MSRP $999.99

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by JB in SC

Yeah I checked, out of stock..

They must be selling them as fast as they get in

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J

Yeah I checked, out of stock..

They must be selling them as fast as they get in

They were up for a couple of hours. I’d been checking every morning since I heard they were shipping this week. I ordered one. The 6” must be up next, but I wanted the shorter barrel..my 617 6” weighs a ton.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I was at sportsman’s in Williston earlier today, they checked on their computer, a guy can order the 4.25 and have it by the 8th.

C
CP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have one coming from Sportsman’s too. Thanks for the heads-up..

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Is it significantly better than the sp101 22lr? Holds 2 more in the cylinder but ???

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Is it significantly better than the sp101 22lr? Holds 2 more in the cylinder but ???

Nobody knows yet 😆. But it’s a colt

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I snagged one from Sportsman's, ordered it on Saturday and picked it up last night. That's a really fast turn-around!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
I snagged one from Sportsman's, ordered it on Saturday and picked it up last night. That's a really fast turn-around!

Dang that’s quick…so what’s the verdict?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a 10 shot 617 S&W and its a fantastic revolver in every way...VERY happy with it. Yet...I'm a bit of a Colt guy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's a looker for sure. DA is amazing on the new Colts, SA not so amazing (because of state drop testing). Rear sight is...well, I've been trying to think of something positive to say...but... Still wouldn't prevent me from buying one, but Colt really botched their new rear sight. The biggest issue is the fact that it comes loose very easy, but that's been on the .38's and larger. Might just get away with it on the .22. Really wish they would have done an Elliason.

I'm SO glad Colt is making this revolver, because the 10 shot DA .22's are just so much fun. I really don't typically guns that are currently in production (I'm more of an old gun kind of guy), but Colt has my attention with that particular revolver.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I have a 10 shot 617 S&W and its a fantastic revolver in every way...VERY happy with it. Yet...I'm a bit of a Colt guy.

I’m really happy with my 617 as well, I’m more than willing to give the Colt a chance based on my son’s new Colts. Going to be difficult to beat the single action S&W trigger without some work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The $1000 MSRP seems very reasonable for such highly polished piece. 🤩There is some hand fitting and assembly involved. Someone has left their assembly trademark on that screw below the cylinder. Personally I prefer Taurus employee approach where certain guns have perfectly timed screws.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That's a looker for sure. DA is amazing on the new Colts, SA not so amazing (because of state drop testing). Rear sight is...well, I've been trying to think of something positive to say...but... Still wouldn't prevent me from buying one, but Colt really botched their new rear sight. The biggest issue is the fact that it comes loose very easy, but that's been on the .38's and larger. Might just get away with it on the .22. Really wish they would have done an Elliason.

I'm SO glad Colt is making this revolver, because the 10 shot DA .22's are just so much fun. I really don't typically guns that are currently in production (I'm more of an old gun kind of guy), but Colt has my attention with that particular revolver.

Wilson just announced a new rear sight for the Colts today. Worth a look.

Me

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
…so what’s the verdict?
It's a good looking piece! My father has an original Diamondback in .22LR. I have handled it, but never shot it. This King Cobra is the same frame size, from what I remember of his Diamondback, and makes for a tidy little package.

I've had a number of S&Ws and Dan Wessons over the years, one Python, and I still have a Raging Bull. I'm not much of a revolver guy, but there's something about a Colt that's just kind of neat.

DA is amazing on the new Colts, SA not so amazing (because of state drop testing).
Yes, the SA trigger pull is heavy. I measured mine, and it was between 5 and 6 pounds. It's crisp, and there's almost no perceivable overtravel, but the pull is pretty heavy.

By way of comparison, the trigger pull on my new Sig P322 just a shade over 4 pounds.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal

Wilson just announced a new rear sight for the Colts today. Worth a look.

IF I were in the market - at THIS Price point..........I would Expect NOTHING needs replacing, and everything done right OEM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16gage, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 50 invisible), 2,835 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,421
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.