Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They still have little mining towns?

Did Chris Penn’s grandson sell it to you?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
With the lower screw on the sideplate buggered like that, and the rest of the very mild finish wear, I'd say you have a very nice shooter. Absolutely no collector value IMHO.. If you like your Rugers better, sell this one. Enjoy

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Took out the model 19 in the local woods and tossed a few bullets. Fun for sure with an classic old setup. Excellent trigger fun double action.

One thing I noticed is I prefer that larger grip for my large hands on those K-frames. Recoil was there with 357mag ammo but nothing terrible. Oddly my snubby SP101 didn't seem any worse or better in the recoil dept compared to this larger K-frame setup. In that small session it was difficult to distinguish any meaningful difference and both had muzzle blast.

I really have been liking the snubby SP101 a lot but it's good fun to carry an old classic revolver. This is the first outing with this particular old outfit that I pieced together and it was a good deal less for holster and all compared to the cost of an current production model 19

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice, I would shoot it and enjoy. Rugers are a dime a dozen. This one is class.

Molon Labe
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by deflave

Yes mining town. Idaho

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
This.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
This.
Yeah it's nifty as a field piece. Last year my dad died and left me an old registered 357magnum model 27 and an unfired old model 29 still in an old wood box and I've yet to even use those. The Ruger is more of an daily piece and not classy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you're going to keep it, I heartily recommend sending your M19 to Ahlman's in Morristown, MN, and have them tune it and ream the forcing cone. I have them do this work on all of my "shooter" revolvers and think that it is well worth the fees that Ahlman's charges. Ahlman's pistolsmiths do really good work, their turn around time is much faster than most "name" 'smiths, and the fees charged are very low/fair compared to other 'smiths that I've looked at for the same work.

They are currently charging $95 for a tune up, what they call an "action job" and $40 to ream the forcing cone.

www(dot)ahlmans(dot)com

EDIT: I have big hands too and have come to prefer the Eagle "finger position" style, grips to the factory target grips. I recommend buying them in the smooth style, not checkered, as the checkering is so sharp that it will abrade the skin on the palm of your hand if you're shooting full power loads while not wearing a glove. I paid extra for the checked style once and once was enough to convince me that I'd made a poor choice.

www(dot)eaglegrips(dot)com

Last edited by 260Remguy; 10/29/22. Reason: Added content
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IMO all the older 19’s have some collector value. Especially the 2.5” round butts. About 5 years ago I had to pass on a boxed 2.5”-5 for $750 because of truck troubles. Contacted him again 2 weeks later and of course it was long gone. Now most of them are pushing double that.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
IMO all the older 19’s have some collector value. Especially the 2.5” round butts. About 5 years ago I had to pass on a boxed 2.5”-5 for $750 because of truck troubles. Contacted him again 2 weeks later and of course it was long gone. Now most of them are pushing double that.
I've got a snubby 19 in near mint condition. I don't think I paid much for it, either. Must be seven or eight years ago, that I bought it. Shoots great, too.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
My oldest kiddo is working as a cowboy/wrangler for an outfitter in the backcountry in Idaho right now. She is carrying my P&R 2.5" Model 19 in a Milt Sparks rig loaded with 170 grain .357s for her belt gun.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I realize that it is now one of the more sought after Smiths, but I don't care. It serves her purposes well, and I would rather that it have some interesting family history more so than just be worth a few hundred bucks more or less.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ya, I carry my old pinned & recessed Model 19 quite a bit. Got this new holster for it not long ago, the old basketweave holster was wearing out. When I bought this gun 20+ years ago it had some pitting and the finish was pretty well worn. I was told it couldn't be re-blued very well. Had it Cerakoted eventually. That too is wearing, but still looks decent. The old gun shoots fine. I usually load 158 gr lead SWC 38's for it, but 357's time to time.

Regards, Guy

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Nice grips on that 357 your daughter is using.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker

Yes mining town. Idaho

What do they mine for?

Alcoholism?

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
My oldest kiddo is working as a cowboy/wrangler for an outfitter in the backcountry in Idaho right now. She is carrying my P&R 2.5" Model 19 in a Milt Sparks rig loaded with 170 grain .357s for her belt gun.

I realize that it is now one of the more sought after Smiths, but I don't care. It serves her purposes well, and I would rather that it have some interesting family history more so than just be worth a few hundred bucks more or less.

Oh dear...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Cascade
Ya, I carry my old pinned & recessed Model 19 quite a bit. Got this new holster for it not long ago, the old basketweave holster was wearing out. When I bought this gun 20+ years ago it had some pitting and the finish was pretty well worn. I was told it couldn't be re-blued very well. Had it Cerakoted eventually. That too is wearing, but still looks decent. The old gun shoots fine. I usually load 158 gr lead SWC 38's for it, but 357's time to time.

Regards, Guy

Double dear...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Cool grips.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ok, an old model 19 357mag and an old Idaho Leather Co for carry. Would you use this old junker?

4" P&R'd Model 19. Oh, heck yeah.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Cool grips.

Yes, these Coltesque grips are a big improvement over crude grips that S&W provided with that gun.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T

Yes mining town. Idaho

What do they mine for?

Alcoholism?

LOL
Silver, lead, zinc. And yes back when I was a kid people here drank like fish, at least the old timers.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,577
Posts18,492,049
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.