-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It’s like mandating that everyone at deer camp must remove the muffler from their truck.

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JPro
Seems rather short sighted to me. Same mentality 70 years ago would have said "None of those danged telescopic sights allowed. Buckhorns and beads only!".

A supersonic rifle round through a suppressor still sounds as loud or louder than a high-velocity .22lr. That's still fairly noticeable by the game animals, but it doesn't wreck the ears of the shooter, much like 117LBS is referring to above. I suppose I could maybe see a club being concerned about subsonics being used on game, but not supersonics.

Here is the rest of the story, many of the same guys that voted against suppressors, when not hunting in the deer camp setting they use them. There is lot to be said about maintaining a somewhat traditionalist deer camp. By the way, I voted for suppressors and "black" rifles.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Skane, no perceived bias of the crowd you described or any other characteristics of others. You shoot and hunt they way you want, this deer camp does it their way. Everyone has a vote, take it our leave it. That being said the gang uses everything imaginable, game cameras, cover and attractant scents, calls, etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 117LBS
It’s like mandating that everyone at deer camp must remove the muffler from their truck.
That is ridiculous.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by roundoak
Skane, no perceived bias of the crowd you described or any other characteristics of others. You shoot and hunt they way you want, this deer camp does it their way. Everyone has a vote, take it our leave it. That being said the gang uses everything imaginable, game cameras, cover and attractant scents, calls, etc.

Seems odd that folks would be fine with game cameras, but not fine with using a suppressor that they already hunt with on other properties. I don't understand reconciling those two items, but I don't hunt there. To each his own....

Now with even more aplomb
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

10-4. Nothing wrong with that.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
3 cans in my safe. None are safe to shoot with supersonic ammo w/o ear protection. 300 B/O and 22 RF subsonic are okay w/o plugs.

I find recoil reduction w/o blast is best feature.

If legal in your state get started on your trust to get some.

"A man has come to terms with life when he is willing to plant trees under whose shade he will never sit."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 117LBS
That is ridiculous.
It certainly is.

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
but true....

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I can’t fathom hunting with a group of people who tell me I can’t use my suppressor. I do understand having rules everyone can agree on and apparently they agree and get along fine and it’s absolutely none of my business.

It is sorta comical trail cameras are allowed but a rifle accessory that lowers the sound level a little bit isn’t. Is a muzzle brake allowed? One device reduces recoil and sound while the other reduces recoil and increases sound.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Do they all have to wear the same boots, to match the rest of the Fudd hatt/ buffalo plaid uniform?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I know we could go on and on. I’m not trying to be disrespectful to roundoak but he did bring all that up in a thread specifically for suppressor use.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JPro

Seems odd that folks would be fine with game cameras, but not fine with using a suppressor that they already hunt with on other properties. I don't understand reconciling those two items, but I don't hunt there. To each his own....

You damn right!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Do they all have to wear the same boots, to match the rest of the Fudd hatt/ buffalo plaid uniform?
No and that don't have to wear drugstore cowboy hats, belt buckles and boots.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I can’t fathom hunting with a group of people who tell me I can’t use my suppressor. I do understand having rules everyone can agree on and apparently they agree and get along fine and it’s absolutely none of my business.

It is sorta comical trail cameras are allowed but a rifle accessory that lowers the sound level a little bit isn’t. Is a muzzle brake allowed? One device reduces recoil and sound while the other reduces recoil and increases sound.

Majority rules, you are not welcome in our deer camp.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You’re a Fugkin idiot.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Well I wasn’t trying to disrespect you or be rude. I’m sure I’m the one missing out but it doesn’t sound like a enjoyable group anyway. You’ve always seemed like a nice fella but I’m still not sure why you opened a thread titled suppressor?….and went on about how your group doesn’t allow them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain

You’re a Fugkin idiot.

I don't think roundoak is an idiot at all.
Deer camp is hallowed ground and traditions run deep in WI, just like a lot of states around the country.

I don't see anything wrong with keeping things a bit like yesteryear.

I'd wear an orange tutu and heels to hunt in his area if it were determined by the group. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Oh, Gawd....... Don't give them any ideas.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by jackmountain

You’re a Fugkin idiot.

I don't think roundoak is an idiot at all.
Deer camp is hallowed ground and traditions run deep in WI, just like a lot of states around the country.

I don't see anything wrong with keeping things a bit like yesteryear.

I'd wear an orange tutu and heels to hunt in his area if it were determined by the group. laugh

Same here, with a light coat of CLP to get on those bucks. Nice thing for us is they screw on and off as needed.

Semper Fi
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,200
Posts18,485,185
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.