Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Stay to the west of F'Burg, should be plenty of BnB's towards Shenandoah/Skyline Park area.

P.S. Mac-You are not missed.

FJB & FJT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
going to spend the weekend before Thanksgiving in Roanoke.

Found a little VRBO tucked away on a 200 acre orchard.

Never been to that part of the country, looking forward to spending time in Galax and Damascus.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by haverluk
Do yourself a favor and visit the Marine Corps Musuem a few miles north in Triangle. I helped curate a few exhibits in there that I believe every American should experience.

+1 !!

Originally Posted by blairvt
Norfolk/tidewater isn't Virginia
The armpit of Va.
NOVA is the axxhole

Most every state has the same problem, some worse.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by KFWA

Never been to that part of the country, looking forward to spending time in Galax and Damascus.
Not sure what you would do in Galax, but Damascus is a cool little town. Lots of hiking/biking trails through there. Trout fishing too. in between Galax and Damascus is Grayson Highlands State Park. I was there Sunday checking out the wild Ponies. They aren't so wild. Walked right up to us. You've missed the peak leaf change. You can get on the Parkway in Roanoke and head that direction. Couple vineyards along the way. Mabry Mill and my little cabin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not sure what you would do in Galax, but Damascus is a cool little town. Lots of hiking/biking trails through there. Trout fishing too. in between Galax and Damascus is Grayson Highlands State Park. I was there Sunday checking out the wild Ponies. They aren't so wild. Walked right up to us. You've missed the peak leaf change. You can get on the Parkway in Roanoke and head that direction. Couple vineyards along the way. Mabry Mill and my little cabin.

gonna take it all in, hope to get on the Virginia Creeper, go hear some live bluegrass at the Floyd Country Store , do what I can to take it all in over a long weekend.

Not too interested in the fall colors - wanted to get that behind us actually hoping the crowds are down a bit.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you know what we call a watcher and not a participant in something related to the Civil War?

a Kentuckian

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
you know what we call a watcher and not a participant in something related to the Civil War?

a Kentuckian

We....as in "we who fought in the Civil War"? That kind of we?

I'm just yanking yer chain, I know what you meant.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
being from Kentucky I can say that, although growing up there you'd think they were all right behind Lee from day 1. That's where the western part of the state loyalties lie.

The eastern part didn't want either side to be near them.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/01/22.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by MAC
I wouldn't stay anywhere in the entire state of VA. Spent over half of my Navy career in VA and one day after I retired from active duty I left that state and will NEVER spend another second there!

Obviously you haven’t seen gods country to the west parts

Hunted deer down in Smyth County. VA still sucks.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by MAC
I wouldn't stay anywhere in the entire state of VA. Spent over half of my Navy career in VA and one day after I retired from active duty I left that state and will NEVER spend another second there!

Obviously you haven’t seen gods country to the west parts

Hunted deer down in Smyth County. VA still sucks.

Looking back at some of your previous posts, it’s clear that Virginia isn’t the only place you’ve expressed the same sentiment toward. Some people just aren’t going to be happy. That’s too bad.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

gonna take it all in, hope to get on the Virginia Creeper, go hear some live bluegrass at the Floyd Country Store , do what I can to take it all in over a long weekend.

Not too interested in the fall colors - wanted to get that behind us actually hoping the crowds are down a bit.

If it's warm enough there may be bluegrass[pick-up groups] out on the street in Floyd on Friday evening.
I highly recommend dinner at Mickey G's bistro before or after.

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Raeford

If it's warm enough there may be bluegrass[pick-up groups] out on the street in Floyd on Friday evening.
I highly recommend dinner at Mickey G's bistro before or after.

Wow, didn't know many people would actually come to the old Country Store let alone make a weekend out of it. Place has changed alot in the last 20 years. Only been to Mickey G's once, dont over look dogtown pizza either.
Galax and the Creeper trail are a hike from Roanoke.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Almost mentioned DogTown.......
Had 5 of them last summer at Floydfest.

FJB & FJT
V
V
Floyd is my hometown.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jlink280
Galax and the Creeper trail are a hike from Roanoke.

its all relative if you're driving 6 hours to get there. We're not technically staying in Roanoke, actually we're just outside of Floyd, I just didn't figure so many people on here would know where that is.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by VA300WM
Floyd is my hometown.

Riner side of Christiansburg all my life.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've worked outside of Newport News. I can understand why if that's all you ever saw of the state you'd never want to visit.

but everyone needs to see the Shenandoah valley before they make a decision on Virginia

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Floyd is my hometown.

Sweet... I have been hunting the Little River for 30+/- years.

A very good friend lives on Elephant Curve...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

V
V
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Floyd is my hometown.

Sweet... I have been hunting the Little River for 30+/- years.

A very good friend lives on Elephant Curve...

I'm about six miles from Elephant Curve, right off of 221 North.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Family has land on Coles Knob, Pilot Mountain[south facing,Poff's School Rd], Willis just past and behind Willis Elementary.

FJB & FJT
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 22magnut, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,797
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.